Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

ROSSI 21 LSK ( Is it the best one out there??

Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

ROSSI 21 LSK ( Is it the best one out there??

Old 12-13-2004, 10:38 PM
philfree37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ROSSI 21 LSK ( Is it the best one out there??

With 3.5cc Displacement, 2.98 HP, 37500 RPM, 6 Ports, 340 gr weight is this the baddest engine out right now? With all of the power and hype it seems like this new kid on the block can have room to talk. So, whats up guys. Is this a bad engine or what?? Is it worth the price?? $450.00
Old 12-13-2004, 11:17 PM
SKYLINE350GT

Default RE: ROSSI 21 LSK ( Is it the best one out there??

No. I'd get a P5 over it anyday. HP Claims mean absolutely nothing.
Why do you think JP Racing, Max Power, CMB, Mac etc. etc. don't post ANY HP Claims. You think cuz there scared? Nope.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:54 PM
philfree37

so What is the best engine out as of right now. Modified or not.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:58 PM
philfree37

I heard that the 421b when modified is a awesome power house engine. Is there a engine out that just seperates itself from the others??
Old 12-13-2004, 11:59 PM
SKYLINE350GT

There are a lot of them- not just one.

My Personal List:
JP FX B5-N Modified
JP FX B5-N Stock
Crono RS7
Crono RS5
Max Power M8T Modified
Max Power M8T Stock
OS V-Spec
Picco P7-R
Old 12-14-2004, 12:05 AM
philfree37

I've been looking at the OS V-Spec for a while. Whats up with it compared to the JP modifed?? And how long do they last??
Old 12-14-2004, 12:09 AM
SKYLINE350GT

Honestly- when you get into the higher end of engines- it really comes down to the driver. BUT- The JP Mod in my experience has gobs of usable power- and has the novarossi quality to back it up. OS has been having some teething problems with there new V-Spec. But I havent experienced any of them lately (fingers crossed).
Old 12-14-2004, 12:12 AM
repete

if by teething problems..u mean murdering the teeth off ur clutchbell..you would be correct
Old 12-14-2004, 12:14 AM
philfree37

Now the crono 7 port is suppose to have the same insides as the JP so would it be a great engine to get into. The picco p7-r is a great one to from what I heard. What about the 421b?? Is there a awesome on road engine that works great in a off road??
Old 12-14-2004, 12:14 AM
SKYLINE350GT

No- I mean the usual OS bearing failure problem. And premature p/s wear even when operated properly. But- OS is awesome about it and warranty alot of it out.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:19 AM
philfree37

do the OS last a while?
Old 12-14-2004, 09:07 AM
zzman
My Feedback: (3)

im on 4 gal on my V SPEC and not 1 prob. and id say to get a crono they have some of the BEST internal parts out there. and you should check what everone else is running where ever you plan on running. and just ask them what works good for them.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:17 AM
djray77
My Feedback: (6)

I love my Crono RS race 7T fastest motor Ive had.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:22 PM
philfree37

My track sucks!! Everyone out there runs C5s and none of them know whats really going on. Don't get me wrong C5s are great engines, its just they don't know nothing about anything else. My local hobby store owner don't even know about other things. No lie they never even heard of a P5, Crono, Novarossi, Rex Tops...ect. I asked them one time about some of them and they looked so lost. I'm one my own. Here in Mississippi people need to get with the program. I'm the only one with the smarts about this hobby. I know more than the hobby store owner. I am getting ready to buy a new engine and I just wanted you guys to help me out seeing that alot of you have the engines out. I want a serious race engine and I just don't know. Which one!!!

Crono Race
Crono7
Rex 421B turbo
O.S. V-Spec
Jp fx b-5n Black

For some reason I am thinking of the O.S. V-Spec or the Rex 421B
I will be getting which ever one I get modified. Please guys help me out. My XB8 needs a serious girlfriend to run with.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:34 PM
SKYLINE350GT

Any of those motors will do well. I would personally go with the Nova 421B or the JP FX B5-N Modified. They will hang with and walk a C5 Rody. But if your having Rick Brake modify whatever you get- get any of those motors and you will hang with or walk those C5's.
Old 12-14-2004, 06:20 PM
k-carboy

amen. i like my v-spec, but i plan on getting a crono 7 or 7t by rick in the very near future.

another thing with motors- what is too much power? ive been warned of over-doing it but my lap times always show improvement with more power. i feel like the more i have the easier it is for me to drive. im sure there is a limit to this, but i have yet to see it. ive never had any kind of driveline failure due to excess power...where is the limit?
Old 12-14-2004, 08:38 PM
SKYLINE350GT

Yea- I've had too much unusable power before- and it definitely lowered my lap times because my car was wayyy to ballistic from bottom to top. My car was all over the place. The Culprit- Rody/ Andy Brown Modified C5.
Old 12-14-2004, 09:14 PM
philfree37

So Sky are you saying that the C5 is to much. I was just sitting here thinking of getting of a C5 or the 421b and I think the C5 would be the better engine just because of it awesome power from bottom to top. The Rex 421b is suppose to be awesome but you just don't hear the hype like it was when the C5 hit the stores. Can the 421b out perform the C5 if they both had the same setup. Ok let me break it down for yall. We have a nice track here with a 145ft straight away and the rest of the track has tons of jumps and turns. So really I'm looking for a power house engine that is made for a med size track. NOW WHAT IS THE BEST!!!
Old 12-14-2004, 11:07 PM
SKYLINE350GT

The stock or even Rody C5 isn't too much at all. It's quite controllable-with a nice amount of power. Honestly the motor is overrated. But once Andy Brown Modifies it- It's all over. It becomes extremely powerful and almost a chore to drive and keep under control.
Old 12-14-2004, 11:31 PM
philfree37

sky just wanted to know if you are ever going to give Rick a chance. I mean come on. You should just test it out and see. Do you mod engines??
Old 12-14-2004, 11:57 PM
k-carboy

yeah it kinda sounds like he will. go back and read post #15 again. nice to see a change of attitude there, sky. lets not get back into everything ok? thanks man.

145ft straight? thats not what i had in mind with the pm i got from you. still...the v-spec or crono's i mentioned would do great. if you want all out ballistic power then go with the 7t. those guys with the c5's you speak of will definately wake up when you blow them away or trash their buggies when you hit them on the straight because they weren't going fast enough or just wouldn't get out of the way. "sorry man...you shoulda pulled to the side a RECOGNIZED!" yeah. from what i hear, ricks crono 7t is that fast. just make sure you have good brakes before you do anything stupid.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:55 AM
djray77

ORIGINAL: k-carboy

yeah it kinda sounds like he will. go back and read post #15 again. nice to see a change of attitude there, sky. lets not get back into everything ok? thanks man.

145ft straight? thats not what i had in mind with the pm i got from you. still...the v-spec or crono's i mentioned would do great. if you want all out ballistic power then go with the 7t. those guys with the c5's you speak of will definately wake up when you blow them away or trash their buggies when you hit them on the straight because they weren't going fast enough or just wouldn't get out of the way. "sorry man...you shoulda pulled to the side a RECOGNIZED!" yeah. from what i hear, ricks crono 7t is that fast. just make sure you have good brakes before you do anything stupid.

What you hear is correct it is that fast!! you will not have any problems walking C5 rody's and JP Mod's.
Old 02-07-2005, 04:57 PM
tonytiger

ORIGINAL: djray77

AND IF IT BEEATS MY JP DAN THEN ILL JUST HAVE TO GET ONE.....LOL BY THE WAY 2 WAY ME GOTTA TELL YA ABOUT THE TRACK THIS YEAR AND BY THE WAY IT ISNT GONNA WALK MY JP'S BY MUCH IF ANY
Old 02-07-2005, 05:35 PM
Cloud15x

Rody modified C5 is suppost to scream
Old 02-07-2005, 05:37 PM
djray77

ORIGINAL: motopro

ORIGINAL: djray77

AND IF IT BEEATS MY JP DAN THEN ILL JUST HAVE TO GET ONE.....LOL BY THE WAY 2 WAY ME GOTTA TELL YA ABOUT THE TRACK THIS YEAR AND BY THE WAY IT ISNT GONNA WALK MY JP'S BY MUCH IF ANY
OH its defintely gonna walk yours cause its hard to go forward when your cars on its roof half the time LMAO!! j/k man. It will be close I'm sure but from what ive been hearing it's supposed to be the baddest engine around..