Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

ultra lx comp steering servo

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2004, 09:46 AM
superman32b

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ultra lx comp steering servo

Ive recently bought a ofna ultra lx comp and took it to the track a few times and the steering really sucks, was wondering if anyone could suggest a better steering servo that works good in this model, or any upgrades that could really help out, thanx im new to this and any help would be appriciated
Old 12-18-2004, 07:20 PM
JNS

Default RE: ultra lx comp steering servo

may want to look at a Hitec 645/5645 MG, both fairly inexpensive and great servos for buggies
Old 12-18-2004, 10:53 PM
slicks

my experience with the hitech has not been good - I eventually replaced it with a high end airtronics. A couple of guys at the track I run at use the Futaba 3305 and have had great luck with it. I put one in my daughters buggy and she too has had great experience with it. It may not be as fast as others - but sometimes I think that all that speed can cause you to over steer very quickly. The 3305 does have the torq you need though and the cost is about $37.00 I think.

You may want to look at the JR servo's - - I have them in my 10th scale vehicles and they work great.
Old 12-18-2004, 11:20 PM
mattymx
My Feedback: (1)

I put in a JR XR3i radio before I even fired up the car. The steering is not what I had hoped, and the batteries only last 1/2 tank. I need a good reciever pack. Maybe that will help me. Also make sure the front and rear suspension are set up to promote good front wheel traction (softer in the front and stiffer in the rear). Also a little more front brake bias will add front end bite while braking. Mine is far from where I thought it would be, but I just need more time to dial it in.
Old 12-19-2004, 02:19 AM
djeurofoeva

i put the jr z8800s high speed digital servo the steering responce is insane awsom and it so smooth to the point if i turn the wheels of my buggy with the reciver off the wheels center them selfs out its the bes servo i ever used but yet agein its a little much for a servo its $110.00 but its worth it!
Old 12-19-2004, 06:13 AM
maxmod

if your reciever is off there would be no power and if your transmitter is off and your turning it by hand then say good by to half the life of your servo. you should never tunr your servos by hand but sometimes it can't be avoided.
Old 12-19-2004, 08:11 AM
Da Smak
Banned

Well no matter which servo you have, they'll always work better with 6V powering them. So aswell as improving the servo think about the power supply for it.

I'd stay away from Hitec or Bluebird servos. Futaba/Airtronics and JR Propo are worth a look but my personal favourite is the KO Propo 2344 on the steering. Pricey but definately reliable. 0 failures in 2 years of running these.
Old 12-20-2004, 01:38 AM
badboy2
My Feedback: (13)

why is it that most futaba servos say will work on nicd batts only ...any futaba servos run on nimhs ?
Old 12-21-2004, 03:42 PM
djeurofoeva

ORIGINAL: maxmod

if your reciever is off there would be no power and if your transmitter is off and your turning it by hand then say good by to half the life of your servo. you should never tunr your servos by hand but sometimes it can't be avoided.
its so smoth that when both are off the wheels just center from the weight of the buggy and i dont turn it by hand i turn the wheels with transmiter and turn both off and it goes right back to center lol
Old 12-21-2004, 05:28 PM
maxmod

oh ok yeh thats normal of yur servos are setup right.
Old 12-31-2004, 01:41 PM
GeeBee Commander

I was thinking about the hitec 645mg. Some people say that hitec servos are bad, but what else is there for around $40?