Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Some questions

Old 01-03-2005, 02:45 PM
thecrow2k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some questions

Im not gonna get into 1/8 scale buggies or even nitro for a while as I race electric and even if I did it would be for fun rather than races and competing. If you wouldn't nind could you please answer a few questions so I can clear up any problems I see in ever having a Nitro and ood points.
1. If a nitro engine for some reason keeps spinning, how do you stop it as it aint like electric where you unplug the battery, or is it?
2. How fast would a Dyratrax evader bx nitro rtr or the Hot Bodies Lightning RR rtr go in mph, as these are 2 of the cheapest and would be my most liely to look at.
3. Can you run nitro in wet grass, mud and rain
4. What are the mains problems with nitro engines and cars
Thank you
Old 01-03-2005, 02:51 PM
Richie-EB4

Default RE: Some questions

Q1..........you squeeze the fuel line or stick your foot over the exhaust to stop it

Q2..........most stock RTR's go about 30-40mph but a lot depends on fuel and gearing etc

Q3..........Yes..........just need to make or buy an airfilter cover to stop water getting in

Q4..........They can be a PITA to start with a pull start and need a little TLC to keep them upto top performance

Hope this helps
Old 01-03-2005, 04:40 PM
thecrow2k

Thanks richie and what A coincedence you live in cleveland, wherabouts, i live ins tockton, about 5 mins from middlesbrough, where do you live just out of interest
Old 01-03-2005, 04:42 PM
Richie-EB4

Sent you a PM
Old 01-03-2005, 04:47 PM
Da Smak
Banned

ORIGINAL: Richie-EB4

Q1..........you squeeze the fuel line or stick your foot over the exhaust to stop it

Q2..........most stock RTR's go about 30-40mph but a lot depends on fuel and gearing etc

Q3..........Yes..........just need to make or buy an airfilter cover to stop water getting in

Q4..........They can be a PITA to start with a pull start and need a little TLC to keep them upto top performance

Hope this helps
Just on Q1, You can also flip the ride over and wedge your toe/gloved finger on the flywheel.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:20 PM
JNS

stopping it by plugging the exhaust can actually flood the engine at the same time, the best way is to just pinch the fuel line