Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

First Buggies Ideas

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2006, 03:31 AM
Muza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Buggies Ideas

Hi,

I'm looking at getting it the 1/8 buggies.
I've flown RC aircraft, so I have the orietation(sp?) idea.
I'm prefering something simple to set-up, but doesn't have to be RTR. i'd also prefer a package that includes everything I'd need.
I'm not looking the best set-up, just something that is reliable but a decent set-up

Thanks for any help you can offer

John
Old 01-28-2006, 06:55 AM
Rs43EVOman

Default RE: First Buggies Ideas

How much money (in US dollars please) are you looking to spend?
Old 01-28-2006, 07:25 PM
Muza

I'm looking at spending about A$600, so that's about US$450 ish. This would be a complete set-up to get me going.
Old 01-28-2006, 08:18 PM
Rs43EVOman

The best car you can get for that is the Hyper 7 PBS. IT comes with everything you need except for fuel, and some AA batteries. I have the PCR and there almst the exact same thing except for the engine. I think the PBS comes wuth a .28 now, which is fine for bashing, but wont be allowed for racing, but for $30 more US dollars you can get the PCR RTR which again has everything you need but fuel and batteries, and it comes with a race legal and fast engine the Hyper .21 8-port. The only other real difference between the 2 is the PCR has a laydown steering servo which is better. Those are the absolute best buggies you can get for that money.

ON towerhobbies the PBS is $459.99 and the PCr is $479.99, but use the coupon they have on the towerhobbies homepage and you save $25.
Old 01-29-2006, 04:16 PM
RC30GTR

ORIGINAL: Muza

I'm looking at spending about A$600, so that's about US$450 ish. This would be a complete set-up to get me going.
For $450, you can get the CEN Matrix and some change back. Its the best RTR buggy you can get for either performance, appearence and features. IT includes Airtronics MX3 radio so that save you ($150) from upgrading the OFNA crappy stock radio. The car is construced with high qualify aluminum so that saves you $$$ from upgradeing the crappy plastic parts.

I have a matrix and winning club races with it every weekend, the performance is top notch, no OFNA can ever performce like Matrix besides the TOp of the line Jamming buggy (over $500).
Old 01-29-2006, 04:28 PM
Rs43EVOman

I would probably say the same thing. I would personally choose the PCR, but the MAtrix is a great buggy also.