Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

777 SP2 TO A XB8 TQ

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 04:52 PM
DAZ - GTR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 777 SP2 TO A XB8 TQ

Am thinking of changing cars from a Kyosho 777 SP2 to a XB8 TQ.

I haven't had any problems with the 777 at all but I have heard good things about the XB8 and was wondering if anyone had gone quicker with the XB8 and is it as reliable as the 777 ??

My local club run a lot of Mugens but I don't like following the majority even though they seem to handle the bumps better and look like the car can be pushed more to the limit then the 777.

Any comments would be kindly appreciated

Thanks
Old 05-28-2006, 05:03 PM
Mugen Mbx5

Default RE: 777 SP2 TO A XB8 TQ

I don't know about a tripple 7 but the Xb8tq is a lot better handling car than the Mugen.I have both and have had the Mbx-5 since it has come out tried a few different set-ups and still don't think it compares to the TQ. The TQ has more steering,seems to jump straighter always and goes through the rough stuff straighter.I know some will disagree, but The TQ beats my Mugen hands down,even though the Mugen is a good car.I was actually going to buy a 777 just to see how it compares, but after running the TQ I don't think I'll bother because I don't think its gonna get any better.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:52 AM
J_Bone
My Feedback: (1)

Personally, I wouldn't do it. The X-Ray is probably the best car to build with its fit and finish. But when it comes to on track performance, it didn't do so well. They have some new upgrades to help it out though.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:00 AM
Mugen Mbx5

Are you talking about the TQ? it comes with everything you need right in the box except maybe the one piece engine mount.On track performance is equal to or better than a tripple 7.The regular XB8 might have been just shy of the 777(until you do a few mods) but the TQ is just as good probably better IMO.The original just need a dremel taken to the arms to get more steering, and the a arm stops need ground down a bit for more downtravel, after that the Xray was perfect, the New TQ needs nothing, you won't be disappointed if you chose to get one, do it and see.
Old 05-29-2006, 02:00 PM
DAZ - GTR

I will probably still try the XB8 TQ just wanted to get a few views from people that may of tried this already
Old 05-29-2006, 05:17 PM
kahuna273

My buddy went from 777 to x ray TQ he like the 777 better on the track. then he had a few laps with my hyper 8 pro he sold 777 & x ray TQ and got a hyper 8 pro best buggy out there try it you will love the way it handles
Old 05-30-2006, 05:06 AM
damon jato

aww man im after a new buggy aswell and the hyper 8 and xray xb8 tq are two of my choices to get and they both seem so good its just to hard to decide so i guess it all comes down to your own driving style with these two buggys