Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Losi 8ight Group... If ya got it lets hear about it!!!

Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Losi 8ight Group... If ya got it lets hear about it!!!

Old 11-17-2008, 09:15 PM
kman43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Losi 8ight Group... If ya got it lets hear about it!!!

Well, its a good thing I haven't purchased the 2.0 tray yet. I guess I will go back to my original question. Just for piece of mind, this is my first buggy and first kit build but not new to nitro, MT background. Is a little (and I mean a little) servo tray flex normal under braking. I have adjusted my epa but with no flex on the tray I find my braking is too soft. With a little flex (stronger braking) I notice more flex or movement. Thanks. Ken
Old 11-17-2008, 09:18 PM
kman43

ORIGINAL: kman43

Well, its a good thing I haven't purchased the 2.0 tray yet. I guess I will go back to my original question. Just for piece of mind, this is my first buggy and first kit build but not new to nitro, MT background. Is a little (and I mean a little) servo tray flex normal under braking. I have adjusted my epa but with no flex on the tray I find my braking is too soft. With a little flex (stronger braking) I notice more flex or movement. Thanks. Ken
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd93214.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	1074073  
Old 11-18-2008, 07:20 PM
towely

Hey everyone, its Chad from Tampa, FL. Im new to this whole forum thing so bear with me. I have been racing my losi eight for about 2 years. I have the race chassis, upgraded everything, well except for the motor. I have always vowed not to spend more than 200 on a motor. Most of the people I run with run the dinamite 21 or the new Go Tech motor. I did a couple of side jobs and I now have 650 dollars that the wife doesnt know about. Im ready to spend that money gentlemen. I want a V-spec or a GRP, out of the two Im leaning toward the OS because I have had them in the past. I just want a good club/state racing motor that will perform well. I would appreciate any input, and I will not be a stranger to this forum. Thanks guys..............Chad AKA Towelie.....
Old 11-18-2008, 07:27 PM
K_B

Well, there is a reason the V-Spec is one of the most popular (if not THE most popular) motor out there. I say go with what you know. I've been looking at those GRPs myself. You can't go wrong with either, but if you have previous experience with OS engines, go with the OS. Flip a coin
Old 11-18-2008, 07:53 PM
rcbeep73

I just got my engine in on Friday and can't wait until the spring comes. I too was not sure as to what engine to get but i wanted a good name i can trust and I have always had good luck with O.S Engines. Plus I have read this is a killer engine so why not give it a try. You can save a great deal of money with Tower I think until the end of the month. Let us know what you pick.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15201.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	1074659   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ea84034.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	1074660  
Old 11-18-2008, 08:11 PM
Rockman

We are also hearing that the GRP engines get great fuel time and that is helping lenghthen out time between pit stops.
Old 11-19-2008, 05:46 PM
cookiebomber451

hey guys, i run an aftershock, and i kinda get bored of running the same truck all the time, tell me, is the losi eight really worth buying, and, can u get it rtr or is it just a kit
Old 11-19-2008, 06:03 PM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: cookiebomber451

hey guys, i run an aftershock, and i kinda get bored of running the same truck all the time, tell me, is the losi eight really worth buying, and, can u get it rtr or is it just a kit
the 8 is 100% worth the $$.....they are race machines..not basher's tho....and you can get them either way RTR or RR...but i would not recommend the RTR for miltiple reasons.
Old 11-23-2008, 11:36 AM
INTEGRA

little mod i did to my 1.0 chassy's

Old 12-09-2009, 07:53 PM
jaykay108

Expertise needed here. Im going to throw a Novarossi .21 plus4 in my Losi 2.0 RTR. 2 questions. Will the stock engine mounts work? What is the best clutch to use with this motor? It will be used for racing only, no bashing.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:11 PM
K_B

Stock engine mounts will work. Clutching will depend on the surface you run on. I would start with a combination of 2 composite shoes with green springs and 2 alloy shoes with gold springs. That's a good starting point anyway.
Old 12-10-2009, 12:37 AM
jaykay108

Cool. Thanks for helping out a noob.