Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Hyper 8 Pro Wins Kyosho National Taiwan Cup

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Hyper 8 Pro Wins Kyosho National Taiwan Cup

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 12:40 PM
Da Smak
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hyper 8 Pro Wins Kyosho National Taiwan Cup

Ladies, ladies, ladies. Put up or shut up. Show us a race vid of you 2 and settle it that way.

PS I'll put $0.01 on the hyper 8.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:42 PM
trackman

i knew it would be a good one now just think about what you said. it doesnt matter if you have the most expensive,
fastest buggy available. you have to drive within your limits. all that counts is where you are at when the horn blows!
sometimes slow is fast. see ya sunday, bring your a game!
Old 10-20-2006, 12:49 PM
Super_Dave

I know that already and you know I do . They were two stupid mistakes that I don't make to often. They both seemed to happen at the worst possible times [:@]. I can't remember the last time I ran out of fuel in a race aside from the 3rd race in our point series. When I flipped it was muddy and I deffinatly tried to turn in to early for that corner and the buggy just wasn't settled enough to make the turn either. I did still catch you dispite your 1/4 lap lead but it was a little to late . I'm only human and you never make perfect races either... I have ran a few mistake free races before and thats what I'll be going for this sunday [>:].

Grahama I would take a video if I wasn't driving at the same time. I'm not sure if anyone at the track even has a good video camera but I would like to get some videos.

Edit: By the way Scott isn't driving his hyper 8 anymore because hes faster with the Losi and he likes the way it handles more .
Old 10-20-2006, 01:24 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Did any Lois eight run it then Kyosho National Taiwan Cup? Does any one have a web site with more information on this race, as all I could find was some not so good very short article? Could not find anything on Kyosho web site and I am sure we all know why. People for the most part I am joking around and in my opinion they are all good. I like the fact that it seems the Hyper 8 is the most picked on buggy out there or at least right now.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:45 PM
Super_Dave

ORIGINAL: 46u
People for the most part I am joking around and in my opinion they are all good. I like the fact that it seems the Hyper 8 is the most picked on buggy out there or at least right now.
Yeah it does seem that way but I don't understand why. The hyper 8 would probably be my 2nd choice for a buggy and everyone around here loves theirs (aside from one kid who has no idea what hes doing).
Old 10-20-2006, 01:55 PM
46u

If I had the money and time I would like to own one off every pro buggy kit on the market. Once again I am not saying the Hyper 8 is the only capable buggy out there I am saying it is a good buggy. I do not go out of my way degrading other buggies like some. Like I say they are all good! [sm=wink_smile.gif]
Old 10-20-2006, 02:17 PM
trackman

46u you are right. it has come to the point where there are a lot of buggies that are similiar in
quality and performance. the rest is up to the driver. too bad im not young anymore!
Old 10-20-2006, 02:38 PM
46u

I know what you mean not being young any more I am 52 and even thaw I have only been in the hobby for about 6 years have been a motorcycle mechanic and machinist for over 30. My problem is NOT the capability of the buggy but capability of my driving and the fact my eyes are so bad. I wish would have started at a much younger age where it would have been easier to improve my driving skills. But I still have loads of fun and that is what it is all about!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-20-2006, 06:10 PM
Da Smak
Banned

More steam!!!!

All I can find is this:

1st/TQ Wu-Chong Chen/Hyper 8 Pro

2nd Sha-Chin Ye/Jammin X1

3rd Sha-Son Lan/Hyper 8 Pro

Kyosho seem to be a little upset at the fact they dont feature in the top 3 and so have not produced a race report for their website. Now Hobao sponsored races always get reports no matter where they come placed. Could this be another chink in the big K's armour?
Old 10-20-2006, 06:33 PM
46u

Thanks but I found that much was trying to see who else was there with what type of buggies. Best part is Wu-Chong Chen 1st place got his Hyper 8 the week of the race and did not have much time to practice or do much testing and still won. Have to wonder Kyosho has nothing on their site and they where the main sponsor. Might be they are spending all there time back at the drawing board????????
Old 10-20-2006, 07:03 PM
Da Smak
Banned

What? Redesigning a wheel nut to make the SP24?
Old 10-20-2006, 07:40 PM
nabanta

I got my Hyper 8 in September and the first race I ran, I came in 1st. We only got to run 1 qualifier before it started raining, but I came in first about 4 seconds ahead of second place. I only had about 2 tanks of practice before the race and the thing is so much easier to drive than my lx comp. Then on October 8th we had a full race and I came in 4th out of 6 because I burnt out a glow plug with about 2.5 minutes left in the 10 minute A Main. In sportsman buggy I came in 4th out of 10-15 people. There on the last race I was racing against a Kyosho MP777 with a Vspec and another kid with a Kyosho with a Werks B7 and they maybe made 4 laps before they broke something. The guy with the Vspec toasted his engine in qualifying so he didn't make it to the mains.

Everyone at the track says I'm probably one of the best upcoming racers in my area and I just turned 17 on the 12th. So I have a bunch of time to perfect my driving.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:39 PM
ringneck

LOL that was pretty funny graghm redesighn the wheel nut for sp24!!!!! and the worlds edition sp26 1/2 will include a super lay down steering servo!!! but still no hex head screws SORRY!!!!
Old 10-20-2006, 10:04 PM
stonely0

ORIGINAL: Super_Dave

ORIGINAL: 46u
People for the most part I am joking around and in my opinion they are all good. I like the fact that it seems the Hyper 8 is the most picked on buggy out there or at least right now.
Yeah it does seem that way but I don't understand why. The hyper 8 would probably be my 2nd choice for a buggy and everyone around here loves theirs (aside from one kid who has no idea what hes doing).
Losi 8 will be my 2nd choice. The losi 8 is radical in it's design with a narrow down chasis (now tat's wat i can invonation & R&D) and so far i haven't seen one design this way yet (to my limitated RC knowledge). Technically it will be better in handling at least that's what the losi guy claim but i'll definetaly get one of this some day. To compare buggy against buggy is not really fair as one must not forget that the engine tunning plays a very important role. In this sport, be it Superbike, Formular 1 or Daytona, the 3 most important area are 1st the Engine, 2nd the machine (R&D) and 3rd the driver. Wonder any of you guys watch 'The Anotomy of Formular 1 Racing' on Discovery Channel this month? it feature how Toyota develope a front wing that will help the team achieve 0.05 second improvement on their tracktime. No matter how least is the improvement R&D still plays a major role in any form of racing. The technical director of he team interviewed says... 'it's not about winning, it's about amking changes to improve no matter how less it is'...

All buggy with wheels are race capable if the R&D team put in the effort to take it to the next level. In this sport, there are 2 kind of race, one on track the other in the R&D shed. So guys into racing choose your ride base on this fact. cheers.

Let's hit the track and pound that buggy weekend is here and i have a super long weekend till Tuesday... National holiday here & stop passing that popcorn, it'll kill you but beer is fine anyone?
Old 10-20-2006, 11:20 PM
Super_Dave

Well stonely you are giving more credit to the buggies then most people do which I agree with. Other then that... this is off-road buggies and its nowhere near as consistant or as fast passed as F1. The engine is just about the least important thing you need on a buggy to improve lap times because most of your time is gained in the corners. Of course engines help... but the driver and chassis setup is more important for these buggies. Driver will always be the most important... if you don't have a good driver then you have zero chance of beating a world class racer unless he has some kind of failure.

Also the importance of the chassis setup and engine is variable to how good the competition is. When you get to a certain level the only way to go faster is to have a faster buggy... in which case yeah I'd go for any edge I can get. Still even most pros aren't at that level and part of it is because r/c itself is inconsistant compaired to being in the vehicle.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:20 PM
JoeGibbs

I switched from the hyper 7 to the hyper 8 about 9 races into this season. I got more consistent and faster. (same engine) The 8 is a great buggy imo. Very adjustable and easy to drive. I've had the chance to drive Losi and got the impression it could easily be faster in the right hands due its aggresive potential, or slower in the wrong hands considering the hyper 8 is very smooth and consistent.

I race with SuperDave and Trackman...and can tell you that either of them can win with about any buggy out there. The point is...any given buggy will only help you so much...beyond that, you need skill. Oh yea, and since this is the last points race (and the last on my rg), I'll have my A game for both of you...or...at least A- depending on how late I stay out the night before...
Old 10-20-2006, 11:24 PM
Super_Dave

ORIGINAL: JoeGibbs

I switched from the hyper 7 to the hyper 8 about 9 races into this season. I got more consistent and faster. (same engine) The 8 is a great buggy imo. Very adjustable and easy to drive. I've had the chance to drive Losi and got the impression it could easily be faster in the right hands due its aggresive potential, or slower in the wrong hands considering the hyper 8 is very smooth and consistent.

I race with SuperDave and Trackman...and can tell you that either of them can win with about any buggy out there. The point is...any given buggy will only help you so much...beyond that, you need skill. Oh yea, and since this is the last points race (and the last on my rg), I'll have my A game for both of you...or...at least A- depending on how late I stay out the night before...
Haha I better have my A game for Scott sunday. I lost two of the races because of stupid mistakes and now I'm 4 points behind! I need to TQ and win the race and Scott has to get 3rd for me to win the series. Its going to take some luck along with that skill. (I'll give you $100 to take out Scott in the main Kevin ).
Old 10-21-2006, 08:35 AM
trackman

for a hundred bucks ill sit back and watch. if that s the only way you can win!!
Old 10-21-2006, 10:10 AM
Super_Dave

Haha ok ok.... 2nd place in the series might not be to bad. The prize drawing for the top ten is done random so I might just get that engine!
Old 10-21-2006, 01:13 PM
WalawalaStore

Hi,

Wu-Chong Chen is the best buggy driver in Taiwan. Was a GS driver previously. He is such a jump artist. I have seen him raced before.

From what I have heard, he has a track at home and build different jumps and just do practicing everyday. Once he gets used to the jumps, he will build another track. Rarely you can find a genious driver, all fast guys are fully packed with practice and experience.

Regards

Joaquim
Old 10-21-2006, 04:47 PM
JoeGibbs

$100? hmm...??? let me think...Naa...but I might just park the thing after the first lap and watch you guys battle it out I haven't gotten to watch ya'll go at it all year...because I'm always on the other side of the track...wonder why that is...? Oh yea, I'm a tad slower...

Wonder if the lap times will continue to shorten this week?? Big showdown...I predict someone rides the wall for the win on the last lap...just not sure who... I also predict my skins get shreded...again. Manning throws for 1,000 yards. [X(]
Old 10-22-2006, 05:29 AM
Da Smak
Banned

You guys finished stroking your egos yet?

I want to know why Kyosho are ashamed of the fact that an obviously superior buggy wiped the floor with them. Even if the was a tacky Hong Nor in the middle of the premier rides.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:13 AM
fourwheels0
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey grahama89 what's your problem. these guy's race together and talk a little trash so what. it's supposed to be fun ain't it?.
Old 10-22-2006, 09:44 AM
Tazer_version_A

Even if the was a tacky Hong Nor in the middle of the premier rides.
Grahama adds fuel to the fire ....

Old 10-22-2006, 10:53 AM
Da Smak
Banned

No, that's Granma adding fuel to the fire, you blind fool.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.