Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Gear mesh

Old 10-20-2006, 10:28 PM
AznBash3r
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gear mesh

Yo guys. i recently did a fix-up on my turmoil. I installed new clutch shoes, put the stock 13t clutch bell back on, and replaced bearings. I set the gear mesh right, but the gears are making a loud grinding noise. Since i switched my clutch bell bearings from stock to avids, the grinding sound has been louder. When i first got the turmoil it would barely make a grinding sound when i rolled it on the floor. Now it sounds so aweful, that when i take off from acceleration, it would sound like turbo winding up in the engine . It makes a whining sound and im kinda scared of it lol. Is there a solution on how to fix this problem? It seems like metal cb to metal spur is really noisy...
Old 10-20-2006, 11:08 PM
Super_Dave

Default RE: Gear mesh

It sounds to me like your gear mesh is to tight. You should have a tiny bit of play between the gears.
Old 10-20-2006, 11:53 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Yes you all ways want a little gear lash. When you have the wheels off the ground and turn the drive train by the CB is there any binding?
Old 10-21-2006, 11:01 AM
AznBash3r

no, there is no binding at all when i lift it. In fact, there is no binding at any time I roll the car.
Old 10-21-2006, 11:19 AM
RCtruckRacer

Do any of your dif's get hot?
Old 10-21-2006, 12:05 PM
AznBash3r

sorry, haven't gotten a chance to check the diffs while running. I'll check it out when i run today. But I highly doubt they get hot... would of felt it when i grabbed my bug. and btw, I am using truggy tires, if that helps.