Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Kyosho Inferno us sports Ready Set?????

Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Kyosho Inferno us sports Ready Set?????

Old 12-10-2006, 10:06 PM
RLMHPI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Kyosho Inferno us sports Ready Set?????

What he meant was the rtr versions of both buggys are not top of the line the parts for the inferno line of buggys are more interchangeable where as the hyper 8 and hyper 7's are much different he would need specific part numbers for small things eg(grub screws ect) and if i wanted to upgrade the rtr version of the kyosho to the kit standards all the parts would be easy to get and probably in stock in the store the hyper 8 upgrades would all have to be ordered according to specific part numbers as opposed to generic numbers that would fit on most inferno buggy's but not to imply the quality of the kyosho is better!!!
Old 12-11-2006, 12:37 AM
Super_Dave

ORIGINAL: RLMHPI

What he meant was the rtr versions of both buggys are not top of the line the parts for the inferno line of buggys are more interchangeable where as the hyper 8 and hyper 7's are much different he would need specific part numbers for small things eg(grub screws ect) and if i wanted to upgrade the rtr version of the kyosho to the kit standards all the parts would be easy to get and probably in stock in the store the hyper 8 upgrades would all have to be ordered according to specific part numbers as opposed to generic numbers that would fit on most inferno buggy's but not to imply the quality of the kyosho is better!!!
Have you ever even taken a good look at the hyper 8's quality. The plastic is very dense and strong and the metals are all top quality (especially the machined steering knuckles that come on the hyper 8 while the kyosho has cheap pot metal knuckles which I have broken 3 of them on fairly minor impacts and 1 one a heavy impact). Kyosho's plastic was good but personally I wasn't to impressed with anything else on any of their kits.

The only things that you would need to upgrade on the hyper 8 RTR are just a few things like shock towers and the chassis to basically make it a hyper 8 pro and from having them race out around here and I have driven a few of them they are without a doubt among the fastest buggies on the market (along with the other 5 top brands). With the hyper 8 you might spend about $150 upgrading it to the pro kit. While with the kyosho you'll need a new chassis $97 brand new, shock towers $89 for front and rear, center universals $40, machined knuckles $40, tie rods about $30-40, and there are probably a few more things I'm missing so that totals to $256. The hyper 8 is no less in quality or performance and its deffinatly less money. I think they guy at your hobby shop just wants to get the kyosho so he can make more money off of you.

I don't see how interchangeable parts would make it easier to get them... you should be using to correct parts anyway. Also things like the MP777 suspension arms are all the same but thats because its the same buggy... I think the MP7.5s are different (but I'm not sure on that). There is nothing wrong with a kyosho buggy they are deffinatly fast but they aren't any faster or slower then a hyper 8 and there is nothing at all wrong with the hyper 8s quality.

Edit: I can't comment on the electronics or engine of either buggy. Personally its a waste of money to buy an RTR because your going to upgrade things you never needed to pay for to begin with.
Old 12-11-2006, 06:55 PM
RLMHPI

You bring up some very good points and its great to hear your opinion especially cause you are speaking from experience personally i have no experience owning any buggy. Maybe he is trying to make more money off of me with future upgrades they do sound pricey i just cant decide what i want if i buy a kit like the hyper 8 pro i am not sure if i am going overboard because i am only using it for bashing if i buy an rtr its a lot cheaper but less quality and speed and i would absolutely love to have a kit that would lay some power down that I put together eg (engine/radio/buggy) instead of some average rtr and the hyper 8 pro is probably the best reasonable price for a kit !!!!! First I was hooked on they hyper 8 rtr then the pro then the kyosho rtr !!!!!! HMMMMMM what to do??????
Old 12-11-2006, 07:27 PM
Super_Dave

Geez for bashing both of those buggies are seriously overkill. If your only bashing a hyper 7 TQ kit would be what you want. Only about $230 and theres a few here thats been beaten pleanty of times and still nothing broke. Sense its a kit and a cheap you can put in some high quality electronics and a nice engine and you have an awesome bashing buggy. You would not get any kind of advantages by having a kyosho, hyper 8, or any other expencive purpose built racing buggies over something like the hyper 7 TQ. All you need is something durable.

The hyper 7 is slowly being replaced by the hyper 8 so I don't know how much longer you can get parts for it but the hyper 7 is still a popular buggy.

If you are going to get an RTR then heres some info about some of them. With the hyper 8 you will be replacing both servos almost out of the box (unless they upgraded from their typical stock servos). The steering servo doesn't have enough torque to steer and the throttle/brake servo doesn't have enough torque to give you any brakes what so ever. The stock radio also sucks and I would highly recommend replacing that even for bashing. They do have a decent engine in some of their buggies like the force .28 (I don't know what comes in the hyper 8 RTR) in the ravager but you'd still be better off with a different one regardless of what ofna engine they put in there. So the hyper 8 pro kit will probably be saving you money over the hyper 8 RTR and you get better quality.

I can't say anything about the kyosho's RTR electronics and engine but from the little bit of information I read about their OLD rtr buggies their are pretty bad as well but they might have changed that.

If you want an RTR the best ones out are the Sportwerks buggies. I race with the sportwerks .21 engine which has kept up with and even slightly out powered a Novarossi P5 on our old track layout and the .26 that comes in the RTRs are just as fast. You'll never need to upgrade the radio because the radio that comes with the turmoil is spektrum so you have less of a chance of getting glitching problems and you never need to worry about channels ever (I think the mayhem comes with the JR XR2 which is also an awesome radio with everything you'll ever need). Sportwerks quality of parts is also good... I can't say its the best but the buggies are without a doubt pleanty durable. The servos are OK and you can deal with them for a while but I would look into upgrading them along with getting a reciever pack which you'll need with any RTR buggy. The turmoil suposivly handles track pretty well so if your going to race it should be a good choice.

If your going to do any track racing at all I'd go with the hyper 8 kit, Losi, a kyosho, mugen, XRay, the turmoil, and even the Cen matrix looks pretty good. If your doing nothing but bashing then go with anything thats very durable with the lowest price tag you can find so you save money for other things.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:47 PM
RLMHPI

next thread below sorry
Old 12-11-2006, 08:05 PM
RLMHPI

I think you may have just made my decision for me i looked at that turmoil buggy quickly and i think it may be a match made in heaven i am not sure how much it is in canada but i was interested in the spektrum radio which it comes with the only thing i hate are the wheels which can be swapped for what i want but i will definatly research my ass off about that buggy but i think it may be the one thanks a million I just spoke to my LHS and he said to get parts for the turmoil is very easy less than 5 days he said he can have the buggy by saturday for 592canadian taxes in !!! Could this buggy be upgraded to racing standards????? Anybody who knows about this buggy or owns one your opinion is greatly appreciated as i am almost sold on this kit!!!!!!lol
Old 12-11-2006, 09:32 PM
Super_Dave

I have seen some good race results for the turmoil pro in regionals. I was never able to see one first hand yet but the mayhem was a great bashing buggy and was an ok racer after it was setup so I'm assuming Sportwerks took a step forward over the mayhem. Also Sportwerks is owned by Horizon and I know Horizon wont let them make junk. Go to www.horizonhobby.com to look for more.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...ProdID=SWK1225
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...%20Accessories
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...tegory=Hop-Ups

Just NEVER get titanium nitrate clutch bells. I tried one and the aluminum shoes ate some deep grooves in the bell after the very first day of running it.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:30 PM
RLMHPI

I am going to order my turmoil very soon I have done some research and have found a lot of great reveiws only some minor issues but its nothing that cant be fixed. Another LHS i spoke to expressed to me that he has no desire for a buggy and suggested buying a revo and extending the arms and lowering center of gravity blah blah blah and that would be better i rolled my eyes and said in my head "this guy wants to make a fortune off of me first buy the revo and then modify it from new" he also claimed his revo could out handle any buggy!!!!
Old 12-16-2006, 02:41 PM
dustineich

Turmoil is a good choice as far as a bashing rtr goes. The other rtr's will have you spending alot of money upgrading radio equipment out of the box.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:51 PM
Super_Dave

ORIGINAL: RLMHPI
he also claimed his revo could out handle any buggy!!!!
Tell him to put on a track with another driver his skill level. My friends LST handled our track awesome and I could bairly hold him off with my old MP777. The only place I'd actually beat him was on the straight away. Our track was mostly hair pins at the time and the LST has extremly strong brakes so I couldn't out brake him and the crime fighter MT tires were a small diameter so he had a low gear ratio for tons of acceleration out of corners. The the lowered suspension let him drive the corners hard so it was keeping up with any buggy out there (him and me are the fastest driver who race around here). If the track had more high speed long corners at the time like it does now I think I would have had a better chance. Still my lap times dropped after getting my 8ight so now he might have a harder time keeping up and I have gotten a little bit better sense then.

Still an 1/8 buggy is tougher then any monster truck and for the most part can handle a lot of the same terrain. The only place a monster truck will get an 1/8 buggy is in a rocky or very rough section. Then again you'd have a lowered racing revo so it wouldn't handle rough terrain any better then a buggy will.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:01 PM
RLMHPI

There are so many factors to back your ass up when you make a statement like that i dont think he has raced his "super" revo with any skilled buggy drivers if so i think his opinion of a buggy would change!!!