Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Himoto racing official support

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 10:58 AM
Super_Dave

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Himoto racing official support

Well Cen did turn around their reputation with the matrix. Himoto always looked like nothing more but an open hand waiting to get someones money who is trying to get into 1/8 buggies. They never showed much or any intrest in racing and just because they have had to copy other designs in the first place shows they don't care about making their own race buggy (and yes all buggies are different even dispite the common design and you said it yourself the torpedo looks just like your kyosho).

If they can turn around their reputation like Cen did then great! Another buggy in these "buggy wars" wouldn't hurt. Still if they are trying to get to the racers they are going to need a completly different marketing sceme then telling people they go 80mph because thats total nonsense.

Also coming on this forum to argue about this kind of stuff doesn't mean I have no life. It means I have some spair time on my hands (which you do as well being on here in the first place). I don't want a noob buying some piece of crap that doesn't live up to the expectations that himoto told them it would and make them get out of the hobby.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:18 PM
OFFICIAL HIMOTO SUPPORT

I am here and I think there is no use for all the argument.
Himoto is really growing up and expanding with new buggy/truggy; Its quality has been improved quite a lot while other companies still sitting on the bench.

This forum is to help people understand our background and what we have been done in R&D lately.
Furthermore, feedback about our products.
We have done a lot of OEM before and that's why people thought we copy their products!!!
Old 11-26-2006, 01:05 PM
OFFICIAL HIMOTO SUPPORT

Please check what other people say about us at rctech.

"The answers to your questions are .

himoto racing is a brand name ,hsp is the factory name in china ,redcat is in the usa who high speed manufactures for .gs racing is manufactured and designed by himoto racing .himoto's cars are not knock off of any cars to be honest .most of there cars are toys .they are now getting into the big stuff .

export pro ltd is the owner of all the companies listed about except for redcat and gs racing .the owners name is Mr colin wong a very good friend of mine .

himoto doesnt copy anything my friend as now you know the other cars are manufactured by export pro ltd

vtx is also made by export pro and so is laro .so you can say these cars are knock offs of himotos cars .

we can also say that ocm's new buggy is a knock off to because it looks like a mugen ,xray and hong nor in one unit right????

export pro needed western influence to move forward and let me tell you something for what i have designed for them and the work that i have seen from them let me tell you something its scary stuff believe me .alot of changes you will see in the near future .niki kwong now is my partner here in asia and over looks quality and maufacturing and design and also hot up parts upgrades etc .

we have also purchased new cnc machines so watch out we are here for a long time .

hong nor 4 years ago you wouldnt even go near its product because it was really bad but now they have the western influence in the americans and paul whyllie from Australia and look at what they have accomplished in little time top quality stuff .

everyone has teething problems in asia and manufacture poor quality products until they wake up and find out that they have a bigger head now because its all catching up with them .they soon wake up and become number one .thats the way things happen .

see the difference with mr wong is that he listens to racers and people in what they want were mugen and kyosho wouldnt give a **** at all.

so i hope i have answered all your questions .

dont forget mr wong is the only complete factory in china all other companies sub contract .

a factory needs to build oem products for others to survive work must continue everyday as if it doesnt the workers leave and find work elsewhere .here in china people need to eat if they miss a day they starve.

take care robot and i hope i have helped out ."

Old 11-26-2006, 02:13 PM
giddyuperic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thank you very much. And you are right we are here to help people that own Himto products. I am glad and thank for putting the fire out for now I am the one who does most of listing on the threads. Colin is very busy man coming up with new products. So from me to you thank you very much. Eric And have A nice day
Old 11-26-2006, 02:36 PM
giddyuperic

I must say thanks and I will not go away or will colin. We are here to help people with service and parts up grades and anything else they need. So we are not going any where. thank you. Eric " and A nice day and don't forget to smile"
Old 11-26-2006, 03:15 PM
Da Smak
Banned

NICE WORDS, BUT YOU STILL HAVEN'T ANWERED THE QUESTION. WHY CLAIM 80 AND 85Mph WHEN WE ALL KNOW THEY HAVE NO HOPE OF REACHING THAT ???
Old 11-26-2006, 03:28 PM
giddyuperic

You have no reason to yell at me!!!! i will not answer that you figure it out for your self. Thank you and have A nice day and don't forget to smile
Old 11-26-2006, 03:35 PM
giddyuperic

Why do you claim to be A playboy but you have A wife?? tell me? tell me? tell me? See what it's like does it really matter. Is there not something else you can be doing? Like at the track?. Thanks you and have A great day!!! Eric
Old 11-26-2006, 06:44 PM
Super_Dave

ORIGINAL: Grahama89

NICE WORDS, BUT YOU STILL HAVEN'T ANWERED THE QUESTION. WHY CLAIM 80 AND 85Mph WHEN WE ALL KNOW THEY HAVE NO HOPE OF REACHING THAT ???
Cen had some bad marketing campains as well but it just took them some time to shake that off . Like I said before I hope himoto does make a race quality buggy it would add to the choices for people to buy. I just hope they don't stick with old habbits like the 80mph claim.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:03 PM
ufmvp

I am the proud owner of an El Dorada Pro and I want to say that I absolutely love it . It's super fast, stable, tough and built extremely well. It's taken a monster bashing and just keeps popping back up. All the posts from these guys who are criticizing this product are close-minded morons who don't even own the product and are voicing unfounded opinions. You're probably the same people I've run into at my local hobby stores who don't want to sell me anything because either they don't like the brand or are angry that I didn't buy an MT from their store. Nice job, way to turn away money and sales, that's a great business strategy, I'm sure you'll be in business for many years. If you can't beat online prices or ebay, why don't you join it? If you want to expand and grow your business why not offer an affordable and good product by Himoto, it's called building a client base, open up an economics book sometime. As far as copycat-ing and false claims, these are the foundation of this country, just look at every politician in this country. We stole democracy and architecture from the Greeks, and there a hundreds of more examples all throughout this country. It's what makes us great, we take the best of what we want and make it our own.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:07 PM
Hincappe

El Dorada Pro hahahha very funny
Old 11-26-2006, 10:12 PM
montrealer

I must admit El Dorada Pro is a crappy name. I would have liked Al Darodo Pro better.
Old 11-26-2006, 10:20 PM
giddyuperic

Don't worry about the guys who have nothing good to say they have nothing else to do with their time. We are here to help you anyway we can and any thing you will need. We have all the part's and up grades for your truck. So thanks for the support and enjoy your ride. Thanks Eric
Old 11-26-2006, 10:49 PM
nitrosteve22

Speaking from experience (ya,I own one) about the only complaint I have is the quality of plastics on the 1/10th scales. Do you know if the Himotos with the updated PBS design are made of better plastics? Oh,and spur gears and clutch bells guy... Seriously,these two (dont forget the clutch spring) are the biggest weak spots and become costly not to mention extremely aggrivating!!!... These are manufacturer errors,flaws from the factory,something needs to be done and done fast before you lose more than you already have because of this very issue. Yeah its for the 1/10th scales I know but its still something he needs to hear! Recall all the out of round parts and send us some gears that can handle some power! You'd make more friends than you'd know what to do with if you can pull that one off .

My redcat was a very economical way back in to the nitro hobby after years away,but had I not already known my way around a nitro burner this thing would have been out the door faster than it came in! I'm not trying to bash your company just trying to offer an opinion. People dont like to spend a couple hundred bucks (or more) then try to use it,it breaks,they fix it,try to use it,it breaks again,they fix it again.... Works for 5 minutes and breaks... Dont take my word for it,read the Redcat boards... Yes many enjoy their Himoto RC car,but just as many find it a frustrating experience. I've played around with a few of these so far,ya got a decent product at a fair price but quality needs to improve and you'll be on the right track (offering entry level RC's at a very low price).

Seriously though guys,I've yet to hear anything bad about any of the 1/8th scale Himotos excluding the electronics but what RTR in these price ranges doesnt come with similar goods?

(Oh,and on the Redcat board resides a member who has taken it upon himself to create a very well laid out and quite useful english manual for the Redcat/Himoto's. I've seen it and think it would greatly help first timers just opening the box. Make sure he gets his due's for it though!)

Thanks
Old 11-26-2006, 10:50 PM
NitroBurn1

Whats with all the complaining? This is just another rc company, and if you dont want it dont buy it. This is the first time i have heard of Himoto, and im interested in seeing what new rc they will bring to the hobby.

And how is their stuff a copy of any other buggy? You could say that all buggies are copies of one another, because they are all pretty much the same with a few exceptions of the newer ones like the losi eight, and team magic.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:44 AM
Hincappe

Question: What sort of wind tunnel was the Himoto Wing done it. who did the testing. Where is the wind tunnel facility at?
Old 11-27-2006, 01:13 AM
PINKY_KY

Anyone having any tuning or setup problems please contact me. I am a factory driver for HIMOTO/Team COBRA Racing. Colin is a great guy that will go out of his way for you. HIMOTO is on the UPRISE. Look for them in the near future.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:07 AM
Da Smak
Banned

ORIGINAL: PINKY_KY

Anyone having any tuning or setup problems please contact me. I am a factory driver for HIMOTO/Team COBRA Racing. Colin is a great guy that will go out of his way for you. HIMOTO is on the UPRISE. Look for them in the near future.
Let's see the team ride then. Is it all original Himoto parts?
Old 11-27-2006, 08:34 AM
ufmvp

Way to go NitroBurn1, I couldn't have said it better myself!
Old 11-27-2006, 04:06 PM
Hincappe

Question:

What sort of wind tunnel was the Himoto Wing done it. who did the testing. Where is the wind tunnel facility at?
Old 11-27-2006, 04:54 PM
giddyuperic

Does it really matter you can see all the pro's the are using one. Do you have one? No right if you would like to try one you can buy them at himotoracing.com And for where it was test at does it really matter to you are you A enginer? No! So let's just leave it at that . THEY WORK!!!!! Have nice day and don't forget to smile thanks Eric
Old 11-27-2006, 05:02 PM
Da Smak
Banned

ORIGINAL: giddyuperic

Does it really matter you can see all the pro's the are using one. Do you have one? No right if you would like to try one you can buy them at himotoracing.com And for where it was test at does it really matter to you are you A enginer? No! So let's just leave it at that . THEY WORK!!!!! Have nice day and don't forget to smile thanks Eric
Nice big arrogant statement there, totally uninformative anddo you really know he/she's not an engineer??? Thought not. So if you are the rep for Himoto i the US (the country that took all the best bits, and pissed the world right off) I think you've just condemened them back to the shadows from whence they came. You just another little loudmouth with nothing to add, the guy was asking a serious question and I too was hoping for a reply, as I AM AN ENGINEER and I do have access to a wind tunnel.
Old 11-27-2006, 05:15 PM
giddyuperic

If you are soooo smart than you have all the answer's. So if you guys need some parts or up grades then you can get them at exportpro.biz or Himotoracing.com. thank you and have nice day And the owner of himoto is A engineer and studied in the U.S.A. Just leave it at that and the guy you are talking about is A jerk and not worth my breath!!!!
Old 11-27-2006, 05:22 PM
PINKY_KY

I am a US representative for HIMOTO. Please be kind. I will awnser any questions to the best of my ability. Ian Haley and Angelo from Team Cobra Racing worked on and tested the wing.

THE NEW INTERNATIONAL PATENTED 1/8TH BUGGY WING DESIGNED BY HIMOTO ENGINEERING , AND TEAM COBRA RACING JOINT VENTURE ......THE WING HAS BEEN WIND TUNNEL TESTED BY A GREAT FRIEND AND EX MELBOURNE BOY TURNED AERONAUTICAL ENGINEER GRAHAM FROM THE USA.
Old 11-27-2006, 06:15 PM
Da Smak
Banned

Thanx Pinky, now what is a "Part Desc.: Rear Shield Dumpage Lever"???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.