Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Dadders nitro mods

Old 02-28-2007, 12:51 AM
Werk-It

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dadders nitro mods

Has anyone seen this guys work? I just snagged a STS D21E off ebay from him with a stage 2 mod, and I'm just wondering what I should expect.

Also, was just wondering if anyone has experience with the 21E engine? Seemed to fit the bill for what I need, but I haven't been able to find very much info on it.

As long as I don't have to pit 3 times for a 15 min main I'm sure I'll be happy![:-]
Old 02-28-2007, 05:06 AM
mozzzy_2000

Default RE: Dadders nitro mods

The STS is a very good engine from most reports. I have also heard many people very happy with dadders mods so its probably a pretty decent engine I would expect. I suppose it depends on the price you paid though. I have heard from one friend that the the stock STS21E is not that economical with approx 6 min tanks but you cant compare one persons view against a dadders moddfied version as modifications usually make the engines far more fuel efficient. But its a tremendously popular motor at the moment that tells me that they are great value. I suppose you'll soon find out hey.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:19 PM
Werk-It

Thanks for the reply.

The price shipped to me was $164, which imo seemed like a steal. I was prepared to spend atleast $200 for a "name brand" engine until I came across this. Just seemed like too good of deal to pass up. I guess we'll see though..

Also, I can't imagine only getting 6 min run times out of it. I'm already getting that out of my sportwerks .26.

Anyways, I'll post a review once she's run in and had some track time.

Old 02-28-2007, 11:23 PM
MBX5T Maniac
My Feedback: (-1)

I have a STS .28 Dadder's Modded engine. Very nice engine.
Old 03-01-2007, 01:50 AM
lachy1

I bought a STS .21E 2 weeks ago , I havnt had time to break it in yet, but from the info i have gathered which took alot of time is:

It has awesome low end speed
very fuel efficent ( defiently alot more than 6 minutes)
You need the STS tuned pipe with it to get max performance.

The only reason i havent broken it in is because my tuned pipe is still in the mail.

Oh and dont hit full throttle until about the 3rd or fourth litre , keep between 30% to 80% until the. break it in slow and carefully
Old 06-21-2020, 02:55 PM
Mod mike

Default You were asking about Dadders Mods? They are the best, back in 2007 I had a RB Concep

Originally Posted by Werk-It View Post
Has anyone seen this guys work? I just snagged a STS D21E off ebay from him with a stage 2 mod, and I'm just wondering what I should expect.

Also, was just wondering if anyone has experience with the 21E engine? Seemed to fit the bill for what I need, but I haven't been able to find very much info on it.

As long as I don't have to pit 3 times for a 15 min main I'm sure I'll be happy![:-]
Dadders Mods are the best.Back in 2007 I sent them a RB Concept 528 I was running in a eighth scale monster truck.When I got it back the engine was scary.I could punch it and the truck would jump in the air doing a back flip.I had to be careful about jumping on it from a dead stop.The RB was already a bad ass, after the mod it was unreal. Then I sent in a XTM racing engine for a truck, I think they were a .23 or a .25 not sure it's been awhile..That engine be was awesome after be Dadders modified it. Been a long time since my r/c days. And I sure miss the fun I had be tearing up the track.

Last edited by Mod mike; 06-21-2020 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Missed some letters