Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Gil Losi Jr. has left the building

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Gil Losi Jr. has left the building

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 10:13 AM
thopper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gil Losi Jr. has left the building

To me shocking news....Gil Losi Jr. has left Team Losi to join Team Kyosho! This will certainly
shake up the Losi image and enhance the Kyosho team. Read it on NeoBuggy....its true!
Old 03-21-2007, 10:33 AM
Foxy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Gil Losi Jr. has left the building

Can't believe Xray failed to get him, if he was on the market. Xray have been signing up talent across the board lately...wonder what Kyosho are offering....could we be seeing a new prototype soon??
Old 03-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Kemo

i hope to see a new stadium truck.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:18 PM
FoamyVictim

I hope to never see philups head screws and super high prices again...
Old 03-21-2007, 04:41 PM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

I'm honestly worried to see what losi will become with horizon completely holding the reigns of losi now, and I'm sure thats part of why he left also. Atleast he will still be around and I'd have no problem buying a gil losi designed kyosho.
Old 03-21-2007, 06:56 PM
jonnymac

I do!
Kyosho is more corporate than any other manufacturer, I doubt we'll see the end of wood screws and high prices.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:04 PM
Hincappe

i hope he dont turn kyosho to junk. none of losi's cars interest me. they are weak and 1990's design.
Old 03-21-2007, 07:38 PM
SManMTB

ORIGINAL: jonnymac

I do!
Kyosho is more corporate than any other manufacturer, I doubt we'll see the end of wood screws and high prices.

To be perfectly honest 'wood screws' and plastic works better together than machine screws and plastic.
The prices I agree with but that's a side effect of living in a capitalist sytem. Supply and demand, brand recognition and so on. If the prices were too high they wouldn't sell a single car..... but they do so they sell for the highest price the market can take.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:31 PM
dicko

i think the move is good. there's nothing like a bit of a shake up to get people back on their toes & looking in new directions. if everything remained the same we'd still be racing the same cars we were 10 years ago.
Old 03-21-2007, 09:34 PM
claudacio
My Feedback: (9)

ORIGINAL: Hincappe

i hope he dont turn kyosho to junk. none of losi's cars interest me. they are weak and 1990's design.

I have to say thats a rediculas statement, Losi turning kyosho to junk. I wish the sales records for the last year were published, and you could see what the numbers were losi vs kyosho. And speaking of junk, hows the ST-R doing these days? How many people still own that thing? I think Gil Losi and kyosho is going to be a very worthwhile deal, losi has dominated US sales in the past 6 months with the 8ight, hows the 777's been doing? Even the WC hasnt seen to many new buyers. If there is anything thats junk about losi, it isnt due to Gil Jr, its due to horizon which IMO is aspiring to step up to be next to the other newb company, traxxas. Horizon is all about $, Gil Losi is all about making race cars for racers, kyosho is looking for that. Who better to get the US market flowing with something different and new from kyosho but GL.

I cant wait to see what they come up with and will be watching out for the bomb to drop within the next year or 2. Between kyosho and losi I think those 2 will come up with the best RACE cars the market has ever seen.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:14 AM
AZRCHavoc

Well, Losi still has Hodge, Drake and Amezcua on the R&D team. Im sure Team Losi will be okay. Good news for Kyosho though!
Old 04-09-2007, 04:04 AM
paul29

ORIGINAL: claudacio

ORIGINAL: Hincappe

I have to say thats a rediculas statement, Losi turning kyosho to junk. I wish the sales records for the last year were published, and you could see what the numbers were losi vs kyosho. And speaking of junk, hows the ST-R doing these days? How many people still own that thing? I think Gil Losi and kyosho is going to be a very worthwhile deal, losi has dominated US sales in the past 6 months with the 8ight, hows the 777's been doing? Even the WC hasnt seen to many new buyers. If there is anything thats junk about losi, it isnt due to Gil Jr, its due to horizon which IMO is aspiring to step up to be next to the other newb company, traxxas. Horizon is all about $, Gil Losi is all about making race cars for racers, kyosho is looking for that. Who better to get the US market flowing with something different and new from kyosho but GL.

I cant wait to see what they come up with and will be watching out for the bomb to drop within the next year or 2. Between kyosho and losi I think those 2 will come up with the best RACE cars the market has ever seen.
I agree partly with what you say because the Losi ‘s is not 1990’s design, but as for what you said about the ST-R I do not agree as I have had one for 9 months with no problems and to call it a thing is also ridiculous. The 777WC sales are doing well in other parts of the world and it did win the world title by the way.

As you said I think the combination of Kyosho and Losi will produce the next generation of buggies for others to follow.