Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

8ight

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 03:00 PM
itxploded

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 8ight

are there any problems like durability or any thing else i should know about before i buy
Old 05-03-2007, 03:13 PM
dbuggyracer

Default RE: 8ight

i have one i will sell for $400 it has the kings head motor mount and rear chassy brace and the kings radio tray it only been run about 15 times i havent had any trouble with nothing.its the pro and a roller only.
Old 05-03-2007, 03:56 PM
itxploded

any one?
Old 05-03-2007, 04:00 PM
Smokinjoe6450
My Feedback: (6)

VERY durable. I have one and have broken nothing (knock on wood) and I have taken some pretty hard spills with it.
Old 05-03-2007, 04:02 PM
FoamyVictim

Read:

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...2&page=1&pp=30

A couple people had problems with hinge pins. Mine is one of the oldest kits(I got it when they first came out), and even after months and months of racing, practicing, and severe tumbles, I never even slightly bent one. All issues with the car can be fixed by Following the Directions, I.E. Proper Setup, and or, driving like a racer, not a basher trying to jump his house...It's a racecar, not a toy. If you just want to bash/play, get a hyper 8 RTR.
Old 05-03-2007, 05:34 PM
blktransam

I have broken a few turnbukle ends...burnt up one 9000T for the throttle (could have been due to me running lipo for my reciever pack w/o regulator) but anyways very nice buggy's I picked up 2 secs on average over my x1cr
Old 05-04-2007, 04:07 PM
itxploded

or any one have any thoughts about it
Old 05-04-2007, 08:46 PM
Super_Dave

NEVER buy the RTR. If you get the pro kit its an awesome buggy but the RTR will need upgrades to be reliable (just the chassis, towers, shock caps, and 2 more shoes in the clutch) and by this time you'd be better off with the kit in the first place.

It can be made to handle very smoothly and have a slight push or it can get you way to much oversteer and feel twitchy all in the way you set it up so I think it can fit anyones driving style. Now getting it setup the way you want it is a bit tougher thought the stock setup is pretty good. The 8ight is very sensitive to setup changes so its a little difficult to get tuned in right especially if you don't know how the adjustments work. It also has some kick ass fiberglass brakes which will lock up all four tires and they have zero brake fade unlike most buggies. Its just as durable and reliable as any other buggy so go for it if you want one.