Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Regrets - Help?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 01:24 PM
MatrixC1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Regrets - Help?

Hey all. Before I knew too much about rc cars i bought a 1/8 Matrix C-1 RTR. now i regret it and should have bought the matrix cen kit! anyways, its too late now. is it possible to upgrade my c-1 rtr or a cen?

also, my friend has a 8ight rtr. as far as rtr go, is that a better car?

thank you.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:47 PM
facke02

Default RE: Regrets - Help?

cen is a company that makes the matrix
Old 06-21-2007, 01:50 PM
MatrixC1

pro kit**

excuse me!
Old 06-21-2007, 02:30 PM
clifton421

What's wrong with the RTR? All you really need to upgrade for club racing is the motor (to a decent .21), the front steering hubs (the machined ones are much better than the cast ones), the front steering knuckles (the Firoini mp777 knuckles give you more steering throw than the Cen machined knuckles but they are both much better than the cast ones), and the cross pin kit for the diffs if your rtr did not come with them (the new kits and rtr's come with the cross pin diffs now). A faster steering servo would also be a great upgrade. You can upgrade the shock towers, but I would leave the stock ones on and upgrade them if they got damaged. Besides that, I would work on setting it up and practice driving. You can upgrade the C-1 to a full FTE version, but most of the upgrade parts won't matter until you get really good (plus it will be very expensive to do that). Just my 2 cents. [8D]

www.focusprinting.com
Old 06-21-2007, 05:05 PM
dbuggyracer

first off its a rtr it not going to be top notch and the cen cars are very good i drove a matrix pro for a year are better just change the front nuckles out and get the crosspins for the diffs and the car will be fine and i dont think it is any better are worse than a losi rtr but it probley alot tougher.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:34 PM
hkenvy91

[quote]ORIGINAL: MatrixC1

Hey all. Before I knew too much about rc cars i bought a 1/8 Matrix C-1 RTR. now i regret it and should have bought the matrix cen kit!

thats funny i did the same thing but with a hyper8!

its pretty close to a prokit now . i've also decided to buy a pro kit this fall and build it over the winter. and use that for next racing season and use the rtr i have now as a backup and light basher
Old 06-21-2007, 07:42 PM
facke02

my bro has a matrix rtr and the cen .26 SCREAMS!!!! it will make his buggies pull wheelies and the tires ballon up!! im dead serious

this happens when he can get the engine to run

half the time his wont run