Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Help with Thunder Tiger EB4 S2/S3

Old 10-23-2007, 04:44 PM
Cat_2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Thunder Tiger EB4 S2/S3

Hi everyone. I currently have a Thunder tiger EB4 S2. The old engine (thunder tiger pro 21) has been replaced with a new model. Only problem is the engine mount hole dimensions are larger on the new engine and wont fit the engine mount blocks. I would like to know if it is possible to fit the EB4 S3 engine mounts as they are meant for longer engines. I think the spacing might be the same, but would appreciate if someone could measure the distance between the holes on the underside of a S3 mount.

Thanks for your help
Alistair
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki20548.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	789083  
Old 10-24-2007, 09:59 PM
DeadSticker
My Feedback: (18)

Default RE: Help with Thunder Tiger EB4 S2/S3

My micrometer reads 19.02mm (right around 3/4in) center to center...
Old 11-19-2010, 04:30 PM
coalminer

Default RE: Help with Thunder Tiger EB4 S2/S3

Hi to all

I hope I have the right thread, please forgive my ignorance if I have selected the wrong thread, I generally run Tamiya's, but I have been given a Thunder Tiger EB4 S2 to have a look over for a friend, I can not quite date the car, but I reckon its getting on a bit !. The engine was a no go, unable to get it to tune, compression was naff !!.(Englands term for crap).
Well any way , the original engine was a .21 , I was unable to obtain the original engine, so got hold of the newer version of it the .21 pro. problem is the engine mounting holes are way different from the original engine, WHY ??? I don't know.
Never mind, I had a set of tamiya .32 engine mounts that fitted but with some re-drilling of the chassis plate, its fitted , but its not really ideal, so the question I am asking.....is there an engine mount available that will bolt the new .21 pro Thunder Tiger engine to the old chassis, if so then is there a part number.

I have attached a photo of the car with the new engine fitted and the old engine beside it, has any one else had this problem please, any help appreciated.

Cheers
Coal miner