Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Hyper 8.5 Pro v. Jammin Factory Team Edition

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Hyper 8.5 Pro v. Jammin Factory Team Edition

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 09:39 PM
gil_millan1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hyper 8.5 Pro v. Jammin Factory Team Edition

Ok guys, I finally collected some funds to replace my Mayhem buggy. The final decision came down to be between the Hyper 8.5 and the Jammin FTE and I cannot decide in either one. Money is not an issue. I just want a buggy that can really compete with the guys at my track. they usually run losi, rc8, hyper and a jammin here and there.

please give me some feedback on these cars. thank you.
Old 02-13-2008, 10:19 PM
annie_himself

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Hyper 8.5 Pro v. Jammin Factory Team Edition

Which one looks better to you?
Old 02-13-2008, 10:50 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

I have a Hyper 8 with WELL over 10 gallons on it and it has given me GREAT service. It sure takes a licking and keeps on ticking! I have had very little breakage! I all so have an 8.5 that I have now started running yet. Both the Jammin and Hyper 8.5 are good buggies and very competitive in the right hands.
Old 02-14-2008, 01:56 AM
Krishnen

Both are great buggies, but I would go for the 8.5 because:
1. It's newer and has a newer design.
2. It's less likely to be replaced soon
3. Its cheaper.
4. Parts are cheap on ebay.
Old 02-14-2008, 02:43 AM
Coopz

They are both excellent, you will see ZERO difference with lap times with the same setup/engine/driver.
Old 02-14-2008, 08:47 AM
gil_millan1

well, thank you guys. it seems that pretty much they are the same, and since the Hyper is cheaper, i will go with the Hyper.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:41 PM
Townsley

the jammin has proven itself to be a winner. i own a jammin fte buggy and truggy. if it wer me, i would go with the jammin fte. ive had a hyper 7 and it was pretty sluggish for me on the track, but i dont know how the hyper 8.5 would compare to the hyper 7, ive never drivin the hyper 8.5 but they are both good buggies and it comes down to a personal decision of wich one you like better.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:46 PM
jonnymac

Honestly, these two are so closely matched I would just decide on the look of them (assuming spares are freely available for both).
Both offer excellent value for money and performance.
Old 02-14-2008, 09:55 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

2007 European champion won with a Hyper 8.5! Hard to compare a Hyper 7 with a Hyper 8.5 as there is a BIG difference.
Old 02-14-2008, 11:54 PM
dryvr

I've owned the Jammin FTE and now own a Hyper 8.5. I'm driving circles around myself with the 8.5 It weighs less. It accelerates faster, it jumps better, turns tighter, handles the rough stuff better and is just a blast to drive. Take this into consideration though. You will have to set the car up to your driving style. Just because it comes 80% prebuilt doesn't mean it's 80% presetup. Once you get the 8.5 dialed you will see why it's the current European Champ. If you like, read my blog and see how I've been progressing. Go to my (not yours) models or garage and you should see a tab that says BLOG. Start on page two and read back to page one. Each post is in chronological order. Congratulations on purchasing your 8.5. Remember to be patient during the setup process and if you have any questions feel free to pm me.
Old 02-15-2008, 02:37 AM
jstone

dryvr
Great Blog good info on our time with 8.5 set ups etc.
I have the Hyper 8 its a tank almost two years with it and no broken parts raceing.
In all that time I didnot finsh in only one race becouse the battrie box lid came off.
Its starting to get a bit sloppy and I am starting to change it over to a 8.5 and it just gets better.
Old 02-15-2008, 09:20 AM
dryvr

jstone ~ Thanks man. I hope you found some usefull info in it somewhere, I will be making a few changes to my setup in the coming week in an effort to get some more off power steering speed. I believe you when you say the hyper 8 is a tank. The 8.5 is just as strong, it can take a beating for sure. Sorry to hear about your battery box lid coming off during your race. I guess I feel better now about the new battery box lid being held down by three screws. You will really like the 8.5 version. I never got to drive the Hyper 8 but from what I hear, those that have are loving the 8.5
Old 02-15-2008, 09:38 AM
hrdcoreglf

I built a X1 CR for myself at christmas best buggy I have ever owned. They are both great buggies you can't make a wrong choice. Pick the one that you can get parts for easiest.