Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Official Storm Thread!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 02:27 PM
mgoony
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nose diving Storm Pro

Any of you guys have a storm pro that nosedives on just ablout any jump? I have a Pro with a Hyper 21 8 port race, and at every jump is nosedives. Ive tried slow, fast, on power, off power, etc. etc.

I am using th stock pro springs with the large spacer for pre-load. I also have the front shocks all the way out on the bottom and lower center at the top.

I have not tried the different springs nor have I tried changing th shock fluid (Losi 35 wt).

Any one else have this problem? Other than that this thing runs like a scalded dog on the track and if I can only get it to fly better I would do much better...
Old 04-29-2003, 04:24 PM
i8tweety
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Official Storm Thread!!!

I have a couple of Storm Pros and they soar beautifully. As with any vehicle, you need to make minor corrections in the air with throttle/brake.
Old 04-29-2003, 04:54 PM
mgoony

Default storm flying...

I know how to race and make corrections during flight... It's much more than that. I has to be something with the front suspension setup.
Old 04-29-2003, 10:43 PM
i8tweety

If the front end is diving regardless of throttle input in the air, is the back of the chassis slapping the jump prior to take-off? Thist will cause the problem you have. I would look at the back of the car first. What springs and shock oil are you running? What spring preload do the shocks have? Are you using the suspension travel limiters?

Good luck.
Old 04-29-2003, 11:48 PM
rcharry-RCU

yea, you guys should give us some set ups w/ suspension and everything else. I never have the nose diving problem, just when i dont give it gas jumping, then it nose dives.But you also could try wieghts if you cant fix it, you got a fast motor so it wouldnt slow it doem a lot!
evilpob get a JR not a hitec, your 4 batts should give you an 45min-1hr of runtime i think? you can tell when your battieries die when the car seem slugish anddoesnt respond right away, and it might twitch too.Dont bother getting a systems checker either, waste of money, if you got your failsafe you should be fine, also dont go to far out of range.
Old 05-03-2003, 02:24 AM
rcharry-RCU

common lets keep this going. this is a good thread!
i cant race tommarow cuz, broke last race weekend, and they ordered my parts and were suspoesed to be here today, but apperently they all back ordered, and now i cant race the point series opener. but for my track they take the best 5 of 7 races. so im still good!
Old 05-03-2003, 03:15 AM
Rob D

Well i got mine sitting here swapped out the servor for a hit tec i had sitting here gonna try to break in tomm if dont rain all day ..

what glow plug does the rtr take ? doesnt say in amnual and dont want to pull it out if i dont have too
Old 05-04-2003, 06:01 AM
mgoony

Default Storm Flys well now...

Well after much trials & tribulations I got my Storm Pro Flying high now... With the med pink & short blues on the front and the long ping and the short yellows on the rear. Flew the triple during the main all day long. Unfortunately could not catch up to the other Storm Pro

Anyone try the Fiorini Sliding Clutch? What advantage does is offer over the normal clutch?
Old 05-04-2003, 01:25 PM
Rob D

I got my storm broken in yesterday and gonna run the heck out of it today
Old 05-04-2003, 03:09 PM
packfan88
My Feedback: (2)

man i want to run mine so bad......i might go ahead and put my traxxas radio and servos in it to just be able to drive it around the yard a little.

what engines and pipes you guys running on your gs storm's?
anyone got any pics yet?
Old 05-04-2003, 03:31 PM
mgoony

I am running the Hyper 21 8 port race non-pullstart. Along with the Ofna Stainless pipe....

Thing FLYS!

Mike G
Old 05-04-2003, 05:11 PM
rcharry-RCU

i still run the rtr engine, and i think it works just fine. Plenty of power for me! I need a pipe though, the stock one is Loud! I wanna get the 063 from ofna, looks like a nice pipe!
Old 05-04-2003, 07:30 PM
packfan88

is the dynamite pipe the rtr one?
Old 05-04-2003, 08:37 PM
DSA.308
My Feedback: (6)

rcharry I have the OFNA 063 on my Mugen and it sounds and makes power great.

Did you guys realize the Storm Pro costs more than the Mugen MBX-XR Works kit, and doesnt even come with wheels and tires (which the Mugen does)! I about crapped myself when I saw that...The Storm Pro kit had better be good for more money than a Mugen!

Doesnt anyone have a digital camera to catch one of these elusive storms on film?
Old 05-06-2003, 01:25 AM
rcharry-RCU

TODD, i know the storm is a lot, but i think it would be cheaper to get the rtr then just hop it up to a pro. thats what im doing! I can get a video when my cam works again, it takes 1 min videos! But i dont see much of a difference, just some graphite, hardend chassie and thicker shock towers. They also have diff shocks, but i dont see the difference between shocks and how they would affect performance. The pro is also getting out there too, its going to be up there w/ K2 and MBX-5, with a few wins it will get more noticed!
i want the 063, how much did you get it for and where?
Old 05-06-2003, 01:46 AM
DSA.308
My Feedback: (6)

I got it at Ace for like 55$ To be honest I think the Storm Pro is as nice as the Mugen parts wise...Im not sure if the geometry and handling are drastically differnt, but as far as build and parts they are very similar.
Old 05-06-2003, 02:08 AM
packfan88

hey harry what exactly are the upgrades from rtr to pro?

i bought a used one and it seems to be fully upgraded, but GS is new not too many sites are around with much info about them.
Old 05-06-2003, 03:30 PM
Rob D

Well after running my hard sat and sunday all that happened was melted hole from header in body isnt barly touching and cant bend it away from it ...and lost a grub screw from sway bar that locks it in place not bad fro a rtr
Old 05-06-2003, 11:03 PM
rcharry-RCU

Pack i think its, grapite radio plate, center diff support, upper support, 4mm shock towers, performance shocks, hardend or lightned chassie(not sure). I think all around CVD's.
i think thats all, or all i can think off right now.
Rob, im letting mine just burn through.
cool todd, ill check now.
Old 05-07-2003, 01:16 AM
Evilpob

I jumped my Storm over a speed ramp at fairly high speed.. and it some how manage to roll six times and bend/twist front shock tower, right at the top... lucky not damaging the shock absorber..

this is the new part i have ordered... it's meant to be alot stronger...
Old 05-07-2003, 01:58 AM
i8tweety

The GS optional shock towers (stock on the storm pro) are machined out of 4mm 7075 aluminum (and yes, they are also hard anodized.

The storm pro chassis is also 7075 hard anodized, milled chassis.
Old 05-07-2003, 02:39 AM
packfan88

i ordered my digital camera (again) today so hopefully it will be here in a few days (fedex shipped). ill take pics of it.

harry i saw you on the other forum looking for some front arms. did you break yours? parts hard to find ?

i got a lot of extra parts with mine, but it they are hard to find i might want to hold onto them incase i need em. im sure as they become more popular they will be easier to find.

i saw that guy with the manual online. doesnt end for 4 days and i dont bid until the last minute so the price doesnt get out of hand. he wants $4.50 shipping and its at $.99 so i might just order one from horizon.

wheres the best (cheapest) place to get the gs storm rtr? my buddy wants one now too.
Old 05-07-2003, 11:42 AM
i8tweety

The storm manual is available for download on Horizon Hobby's website:

http://horizon.hobbyshopnow.com/prod...b=support#tabs
Old 05-08-2003, 02:26 AM
rcharry-RCU

evilpob is that the fironi shock tower. I bent mine to. i want the pro shock tower. but i like eveything on my car to match and look good. Right now i have the graphit center diff plate and its driving me nuts. so now i have to get everything else grapite, which means sepnding more $$$$$$.
Pack i posted on your other thread about parts. I may need to buy some off you if my lhs doesnt get them in. are you a good driver?
Old 05-08-2003, 02:38 AM
rcharry-RCU

yeah from above. I need your opions. should i just keep everything stock, like get the alum center plate and a new stock f/ shcok tower. or get the 4mm s/t and start hopping it up to a pro slowly?
GIVE ME ANSWERS!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.