Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

tuning question ???

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 11:29 PM
ranger1
My Feedback: (32)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tuning question ???

my son has a ofna ravager with .28. i have read the posts on tuning and followed it to the letter, but on this motor i have has NO low speed adjustment,there is a plug where the low speed needle is supposed to be. it only has high speed and idle adjustments, and the buggy dies on low speed turns. when slowing to turn around.running at high speeds the buggy runs great but when i slow to turn around the motor dies. i have the high needle set to 3 1/2 turns out and have adjusted in 1/8 turn incraments to get this to just run without stalling and im at about 3 turns out at this time but it keeps stalling on low speed turns. i need help. i don't know about this ofna motor.
Old 03-30-2008, 10:19 AM
Safety Hawk
My Feedback: (6)

Default RE: tuning question ???

If it's happening when you hit the breaks it may need the idle adjustment screw adjusted.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:25 PM
silverz98

your sure there is no low speed adjustment? look at the end of the slider wehre the t/b linkage hooks too
is there a screw? if so thats your low speed.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Dokioto

What Ofna motor is it? Force? Mac star? Or something els..?
Old 04-01-2008, 08:40 PM
Dokioto

This might help some depending on what engine you own: http://www.ofna.com/guide-tune-basics.html
Old 04-02-2008, 07:37 AM
hrdcoreglf

There is a low speed needle, it is inside the linkage collar, or D on the ofna diagram provided by Dokioto. The force 28 does not have the mid range needle or B on the diagram. Try setting your LSN flush with linkage collar and start adjusting clock wise from there in small adjustment. I try to picture the face of a clock around the needle to be adjusted, and make my adj. 1 hour at a time. Some engines an 1/8 of a turn is to big, and the force 28 is one of those engines. When you adjust you idle screw, take off the air filter so you can look into the throat of the carb.,(while engine is not running, but electronics on) you should have a 1-1 1/2mm opening in the carb when at full break.
Old 04-02-2008, 06:02 PM
ranger1

thanks guys , i found the low speed neddle, i will try tuning again,
Old 04-23-2008, 09:30 PM
ranger1

retuned lsn and now the buggy runs great till it gets hot then dies, restart goes about 10 feet and dies again,
Old 04-23-2008, 10:26 PM
muddog

You might be experiencing vapor lock. Open up the high speed needle so it don't run so hot. Drop a drip of water on the head if it evaporates instantly it's to hot. I like it when when the water sits there for a little bit then boils off slowly. If that isn't it I've had simaler thing happen with a bad glow plug. some times they look ok and turn red but are not red enough.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:47 PM
slayerphonics

ORIGINAL: ranger1

retuned lsn and now the buggy runs great till it gets hot then dies, restart goes about 10 feet and dies again,
How old is the motor?

Sounds like its lost the pinch.
Old 04-26-2008, 11:10 PM
ranger1

i took the buggy in on trade and the buggy was supost to be new only 2 tanks ran thru it, but i don't know for sure. but the buggy was in new condition and looked new, i put the o donnel plug back in it , i was running a os plug, and it impruved the run time from start, ( on road ) but when i started running on my track ( on my back yard track )it started to stall again, 10 feet and then it will stall restart and stall again. i am at a little less than base tune setings ,, am i getting to much fuel ????or to lean????i am very close to sending this buggy to the lhs to get tuned, because i have no idea how to tune this buggy, i know os and traxxas motors .. but this one has me stumped. please help if you can,