Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

***OCM KAOS DT-19 BUGGY THREAD***

Old 05-15-2008, 08:59 PM
vnmsgt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ***OCM KAOS DT-19 BUGGY THREAD***

Has anyone seen the OCM KAOS DT-19 buggy yet? Just got some of them in and they are really impressive. Come with all captured hinge pins and also ALL captured steering rod linkages (both sides) and also upper rear arms are captured. Inner hinge pin braces are about 7mm thick! Also all driveshafts and axles are made of spring steel. Comes with a THICK body stock and not a flimsy one also crimefighter design tires and high downforce wing. Radio box is 2 seperate compartments and fits real tight. Kit comes about 80% assembled, even the shocks but you just have to put fluid in them. Includes clutch bell, flywheel, aluminum clutch shoes, air filter and pipe springs. All CNC alumimum and also captured rear hub lower pins. Steering knuckles have 2 settings for adjustments to. Here are a couple pics I found online but will post my own pics soon.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11890.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	950181   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa85013.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	950182   Click image for larger version

Name:	Nl29917.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	950183  
Old 05-16-2008, 09:24 AM
dbuggyracer

Default RE: ***OCM KAOS DT-19 BUGGY THREAD***

i started a thread for ocm look thru the post it was a while back tho.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:42 PM
vnmsgt

Here are some pics of the Kaos right out of the box.

Name:	Jh16471.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	950649   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bx73823.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	950650   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb75794.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	950651   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25470.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	950652   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yu63275.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	950653   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pu50301.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	950654   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig12335.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	950655   Click image for larger version

Name:	Je10665.jpg
Size:	56.2 KB
ID:	950656  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo29725.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	52.2 KB
ID:	950657   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81086.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	950658   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn40156.jpg
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	950659   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sx61840.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	85.1 KB
ID:	950660  
Old 05-16-2008, 08:40 PM
fasstrevo

Looks like a nice durable rig.
Old 05-16-2008, 08:47 PM
vnmsgt

Here is 2 more...

Name:	Xv62897.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	950713   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk29685.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	950714  
Old 05-17-2008, 05:49 AM
ecocav04

i ran one for a couple races first time out the buggy rocked never got the setup right after that the thing pushed like a dump truck. another issues is the front uprights and the rear hubs in cold weather like to snap. but assembly of the buggy was a breeze and it was a pretty solid rig
Old 05-17-2008, 06:15 AM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: ecocav04

i ran one for a couple races first time out the buggy rocked never got the setup right after that the thing pushed like a dump truck. another issues is the front uprights and the rear hubs in cold weather like to snap. but assembly of the buggy was a breeze and it was a pretty solid rig
Yeah OCM said the addressed that issue already with the uprights and hubs. IT was awhile ago during the first run of buggies. It was supposed to be in real cold weather but I think they changed the plastic and stuff and no more problems. I have heard that you have to get the setup right to get it to run pretty awesome. Nothing more than what people have to do with the Losi 8 right? LOL!
Old 05-21-2008, 09:46 PM
vnmsgt

Here is my Kaos I got off of ebay to use as a demo! In pretty good shape. Will be putting a one of my spare motors (SH.28 6-port), RD Logics pipe, and some hitec 645mg servo's. Cannot wait to track test it. Have never seen one run or ran one myself.

Name:	Rp42387.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	954391   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pl32386.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	954392  
Old 05-21-2008, 10:12 PM
rccheech

ORIGINAL: vnmsgt

Yeah OCM said the addressed that issue already with the uprights and hubs. IT was awhile ago during the first run of buggies. It was supposed to be in real cold weather but I think they changed the plastic and stuff and no more problems. I have heard that you have to get the setup right to get it to run pretty awesome. Nothing more than what people have to do with the Losi 8 right? LOL!
Very well said about the 8ight!!! I'm constantly tweaking, but once its dialed it sticks like glue!!! That OCM looks very nice!!! Good luck with it!!
Old 05-22-2008, 01:21 AM
ecocav04

they are addressing the problem but it is still a problem all the currant kits have the same problems. its bad plastic it just depends on how long it takes the factory to fix the problem
Old 05-22-2008, 06:02 AM
vnmsgt

they are addressing the problem but it is still a problem all the currant kits have the same problems. its bad plastic it just depends on how long it takes the factory to fix the problem
Where are you getting you info from and how long ago was that info? I talk to Alan Burton, the team manager himself and he admits to the previous problems from the first and second run cars but they have ALL been taken care of and nothing to worry about anymore. As far as he is concerned they are fixed!
Old 05-22-2008, 07:56 AM
ecocav04

ive talked to alan also. i reported that issue he said they are aware of the issue it just depends on when the factory will start making the change. its a cold weather issue more then anything. another thing is ditch the aluminum chassis braces for some plastic ones the car will be more forgiving to drive. and amain is no longer dealing with ocm so to all that buy them you might have to deal with ocm direct for a while or a smaller size business
Old 05-22-2008, 10:26 AM
vnmsgt

ive talked to alan also. i reported that issue he said they are aware of the issue it just depends on when the factory will start making the change. its a cold weather issue more then anything. another thing is ditch the aluminum chassis braces for some plastic ones the car will be more forgiving to drive. and amain is no longer dealing with ocm so to all that buy them you might have to deal with ocm direct for a while or a smaller size business
Well I am in florida so no worries about cold weather LOL! I noticed some guys having the plastic braces, they actually work better? That's weird. I am actually a OCM dealer so I can get parts anyways so at least I do not have to worry about competing with Amain! So to everyone who reads here, I can get you OCM parts. Just go to
[link]http://holeshothobbies.com[/link]. If you do not see what you need email me and I can order it for you.

BTW thanks for the info on the chassis braces. I might try that.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:25 AM
Chopped02

vnmsgt,

I was just looking at your site and was wondering, what is your opinion on the OCM vs the Caster Racing ZX1-R that you have available? I'm looking to upgrade my 9 year old to a pro kit this season and am doing some shopping around. He's running a Matrix RTR thats been slightly upgraded and was thinking about something different. I dont really want to spend 500 dollars+ on a Losi, Mugen, Kyosho etc... Any pros and cons on either would be helpful. Thanks.
Old 05-22-2008, 11:56 AM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: Chopped02

vnmsgt,

I was just looking at your site and was wondering, what is your opinion on the OCM vs the Caster Racing ZX1-R that you have available? I'm looking to upgrade my 9 year old to a pro kit this season and am doing some shopping around. He's running a Matrix RTR thats been slightly upgraded and was thinking about something different. I dont really want to spend 500 dollars+ on a Losi, Mugen, Kyosho etc... Any pros and cons on either would be helpful. Thanks.
I honestly have not driven the OCM yet but will drive it this weekend to test out so I cannot say about handling and stuff. The Caster and OCM are almost equal in quality and both look are extremely well built. The only differences are the OCM has spring steel like the X-rays use for all of the driveline components (axles and driveshafts) and also the OCM has captured hinge pins and captured steering ball ends and rear upper a-rms captured. The Caster uses eclipse but for about $10 bucks you can make everything captured too. The caster and OCM both have the same thickness shock towers, chassis thickness and are 7075 aluminum. Honestly It all comes down to which one you like the looks of the best. It you do not want to make everything captured which is very easy then I would get the OCM and be done with it.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:04 PM
phenix_racing

almost looks as good as the 8ight.

pretty cool that it comes in a bag instead of the box.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:07 PM
Chopped02

vnmsgt,

I honestly have not driven the OCM yet but will drive it this weekend to test out so I cannot say about handling and stuff. The Caster and OCM are almost equal in quality and both look are extremely well built. The only differences are the OCM has spring steel like the X-rays use for all of the driveline components (axles and driveshafts) and also the OCM has captured hinge pins and captured steering ball ends and rear upper a-rms captured. The Caster uses eclipse but for about $10 bucks you can make everything captured too. The caster and OCM both have the same thickness shock towers, chassis thickness and are 7075 aluminum. Honestly It all comes down to which one you like the looks of the best. It you do not want to make everything captured which is very easy then I would get the OCM and be done with it.
Thanks for the input. Keep us posted how the Kaos runs on the track.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:16 PM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: RHODEISLAND

almost looks as good as the 8ight.

pretty cool that it comes in a bag instead of the box.
They are extremely nice cars. It does come in a box but it is inside the bag. The bag can be used afterwards and has a shoulder strap too. I used to have 8ight buggy and these cars are built every bit as good if not better. Nothing agaist the 8ight but once people start seeing these things (OCM, CASTER) with there own eyes and seeing them run at tracks they will agree and for the price you cannot beat them. Parts are easy to get and are available but have to get online most of the time which is what most people do anyways now. I ship 2-3 days if I have the stuff in stock.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:23 PM
vnmsgt

vnmsgt,

Made a mistake when I said about 10 bucks to make everything captured, I meant all the rod ends (ball joints). The hinge pins you can get from caster racing or Mugen ones fit perfect too so that is the only extra thing. Besides the My caster is bone stock and handles awesome. For more info on he Caster's you can go to [link]http://casterracingusa.com[/link] and they have a support forum. OCM does not have there site completely done yet but should soon.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:18 PM
ecocav04

be aware that the car you have handles like dog poooh compared to the evo kit. ocm is a great car i wish i didnt have to run the computer at races. if i had more time to play with setup i would still have both my evo buggys.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:32 PM
vnmsgt

be aware that the car you have handles like dog poooh compared to the evo kit. ocm is a great car i wish i didnt have to run the computer at races. if i had more time to play with setup i would still have both my evo buggys.
I would not be so sure about that. I have had some guys at the local tracks drive my ZX1-R that thought the same as you currently are who race the Kyosho777 WC, Mugen MBX5-R and 8ight buggy and X-ray and they all said it out handled and was more stable then ALL of the cars they raced except for the kyosho which he said was right on par with it. It all depends on the setup and I am not saying the OCM will not be better BUUUUUT it will have to be AMAZING for me to even think of it over my Caster. Guess I will find out this weekend. I hope the OCM is great this way I can drive 2 great cars. I am sure it will be good though from what everyone says and at least I can have some experienced feedback for the OCM on how it drives.
Old 05-23-2008, 05:26 AM
ecocav04

i bought the non evo verson on a very smooth track with small jumps it should rock on a rough rutted track it failed pretty bad the shocks are short and it restrics alot of droop. get the evo kit on it spend a little bit of time setting it up and have a go and there 2 worlds apart
Old 05-23-2008, 06:18 AM
vnmsgt

i bought the non evo verson on a very smooth track with small jumps it should rock on a rough rutted track it failed pretty bad the shocks are short and it restrics alot of droop. get the evo kit on it spend a little bit of time setting it up and have a go and there 2 worlds apart
oh I thought you meant the caster. I have 2 evo kits right now that are new and they look identical except for the shock towers, front drive cups, and that is it. The shocks look the same and everything else. Maybe the previous owner changed some stuff over already.
Old 05-23-2008, 11:18 PM
vnmsgt

Just got the OCM ready to run this weekend. Put some extra stuff I had laying around for now just to get it up and running. I put a SH.28 6-port motor in it, 2 Hitec 645MG servos, and a RD Logics Pipe along with a extra spectrum. One thing I can say so far is the drivetrain is real smooth. The way the servo wires are routed and on/off switch wires are really nice and the radio tray is 2 separate compartment which is real nice.
Old 05-24-2008, 04:11 AM
ecocav04

oh I thought you meant the caster. I have 2 evo kits right now that are new and they look identical except for the shock towers, front drive cups, and that is it. The shocks look the same and everything else. Maybe the previous owner changed some stuff over already.

you have 2 kaos dt 19 kits one is the evo the other isnt. the shocks look the same but one has blue springs and one has white the blue spring shocks are alot longer then the regular ones and the shocktower location playsthe biggest role in the handeling of the car

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.