Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Jammin X1 CR Owners.?

Old 06-16-2008, 12:23 PM
qaiz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jammin X1 CR Owners.?

Well ive seen threads about nearly every buggy out there but this.

Where are all the owners.!?

Ive picked mine up a few days ago ( X1 CR FTE ) , and love it.!

Anyone else here own them.?
Old 06-16-2008, 01:44 PM
INTEGRA

Default RE: Jammin X1 CR Owners.?

there oldschool....not many have em anymore....sorry qaiz
Old 06-16-2008, 02:21 PM
qaiz

ORIGINAL: INTEGRA

there oldschool....not many have em anymore....sorry qaiz
Lol I kinda noticed. Mines still going strong, abuse the heck outta it at the track. If anything, its made my driving better, can get my Hyper around quicker while causing less damage now LOL.

Extremely happy with mine, tho the Xray 808 might be my next one. Not at all sure. Not even thinking that ahead, still gotta race-spec mine up .

There must be atleast a few more guys on here who have them !
Old 06-16-2008, 03:48 PM
hrdcoreglf

Don't worry they are not old school. I own two and they rip it up. Great control on the ground and in the air. You can upgrade to a X1X with a few parts. Enjoy your new toy.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:21 PM
Force4x4

They sure do still win a lot for being "old school". Mine absolutely blisters the track[8D]
Old 06-17-2008, 08:37 AM
INTEGRA

Compared to the newer age buggy's and gearing ratio's....the Jammin is At the Back of the pack....plain and simple...did u even see ANY jammin in the A-main at the recent roar Nats....Dont think so....the X1X with Just the bigbore's dosent cut it when ur comparing it to a Losi or Xray...sorry guys...its the blatent truth....and hey im not discrediting the truck...ya sure its a great truck and has won its fair share of races...BUT it is Oldschool and like i said...Very few people still have there CR's....most have went on to bigger and better.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:48 AM

Compared to the newer age buggy's and gearing ratio's....the Jammin is At the Back of the pack....plain and simple...did u even see ANY jammin in the A-main at the recent roar Nats....Dont think so....the X1X with Just the bigbore's dosent cut it when ur comparing it to a Losi or Xray...sorry guys...its the blatent truth....and hey im not discrediting the truck...ya sure its a great truck and has won its fair share of races...BUT it is Oldschool and like i said...Very few people still have there CR's....most have went on to bigger and better.
I think it was really down to representation, there must have been a total of 4 jammin drivers at that race with chad bradley and taylor james being the only guys with a real shot at making the A-main...
Taylor james was the top qualifier at the neo buggy invitational a couple of months ago so the car is still worth something not to mention that it's bullet proof and at our level that's even better than having a light but fragile car.
I do think it's a bit over priced...
Old 06-17-2008, 11:03 AM
crazy 8t
My Feedback: (3)

if you want to beleive what integra said go right ahead but i wouldnt. For one example we have the best racers in the state of pennsylvania and it shows we go everywhere and dominate and i personaly do very well with my jammin and i know atleast 3 other people at my track who have done very well with it. Im not saying integra is wrong because it is an old buggy but not old enough to say that it is not competitive.Also the reason why none of the jammin buggies showed up in roar is because all of there good racers were off developing the jammin X2 crt and if they were there they would have done well atleast im pretty sure they would have but tebo and cavaleiry might have bin hard for taylor james to get around.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:07 AM
jonnymac

I'd buy one over a Losi any day of the week!
They're a great car with very few problems.
I don't think they are old school at all, just not the newest.
Old 06-17-2008, 11:41 AM
hrdcoreglf

Well we are talking buggies not trucks and the 16mm shocks are not the only change in the X1X. New servo saver, new spiral cut crown and pinion gears, and a few other things. Almost every buggy out there has the same platform as it did 2-3 years ago with newer parts and minor design changes. In the hands of a good driver almost any buggy can compete. So I have raced against Xrays, Losi, Associated, etc... I have beat them all. So I am either the best driver in the world or this buggy is still a competitor.
Old 06-17-2008, 04:02 PM
NewKid
My Feedback: (1)

while it's true the jammin is old tech it's still good and competative tech..I own one and do very well against the losi's so far out at hot rod hobbies...it's not always about the car it's about the driver and setup...people still hang with pro guys and they're running a pretty much box stock x1 crt which is a tank weight wise compared to bce jammin's or losi's or mugens

jammin is still a very good kit nuff said..
Old 06-17-2008, 05:59 PM
chookman46

Please define "old school". Would that be a tried and tested design that has made them basicly bulletproof. Is that really a bad thing. The basic design has the same since its release howeveer it does get little upgrades with every new season to make it more competitive. IT may not be the newest buggy on the market but it is still capable of winning.

If we want to talk old school i beliece that the mbx5 wa actually release more that 2 years earlier than the x1cr. I dont believe kyosho has had any major changes in the last 10 years, just steady progression on curren t models.

These buggies are still big in Australia, they have won just about every title there is to win here in the past few years.

At least its a true ofna not a rebadged hobao.
Old 06-18-2008, 12:59 AM
qaiz

Well my 2 cents.

Even tho im extremely new into the Buggy world, im extremely happy with mine. Was at the track yesterday, there were a coupla' Hyper 8/8.5's, a Losi 8ight, and that Team Associated one, and a few Kyosho's.

Mine hung with all of them, the Losi ended up breaking something * No clue what *, and I think a Hyper's diff went. At no point did the " Gearing Ratios " let me down. Yeah, they're not as fast as Truggies, but they get around the track with MUCH more grace than one.

Integra, dont get me wrong, I know you know what your' talking about, all im saying is that just because its' old, dont knock it. It can still hang, and possibly leave behind some of the newer ones. Dont forget its about the Driver too. You can give any of the newer ones * Xray's, Losi's, T AE's , etcc... * to anyone, dosent garuentee that he'll win...

@ chookman46

Jammin's are just rebadged Hong Nors. They're not exactly true Ofna's. Ofna's are just re-badged Ho Bao's.
Old 06-18-2008, 02:51 AM
chookman46

Thats my point. It is a true Ofna/Hong Nor (same car different country). They are rebadged as the Jammin in US. The hyper series are hobaos sold under Ofna/Hong Nor.

Not that I'm bagging the hypers, just dont think they should be ofnas.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:00 AM
INTEGRA

in equal hands the newer ligher more efficient buggy's gonna win every time......sorry quaz....but its true.
Old 06-18-2008, 11:00 AM
crazy 8t

in equal hands the newer ligher more efficient buggy's gonna win every time......sorry quaz....but its true.
Sorry but no its not. you can take a more efficient buggy and give it to equal hands and he may hate it because of the setup or it just doesnt handle like the way that buggy handles. Even though the jammin is based on a standard buggy setup and is not as high tech as some of the new ones does by no cercumstances mean it cant compete with any other buggy. Look how well Adam Drake did with his now he is an awsome driver and could make any buggy work but he did so well with it and may have liked it better than his currant losi you dont know mybe he wants to really race the jammin instead of the losi if i could ask him i would he might say ya i really liked the jammin or he might say it could be an awsome buggy but it needs to be tweaked for my driving style witch im shore it can be. ANY BUGGY IS JUST AS CAPABLE AS AS THE NEXT ONE ITS ALL IN DRIVER AND SETUP!!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2008, 11:50 AM
NewKid

i normally agree with integra...but on this one i am gonna say i don't and leave it at that...regardless of what he thinks the jammin is still a great buggy and when the jammin drivers are doing well they beat losi's and kyosho's...eventhough right now the losi's are on fire..anyway that's not the car its the driver...i own a jammin and have decided i'll keep it as opposed to trying to get a losi 8 and i've raced a couple in the saturday series and have done just fine against them..granted i am no exp a. main driver but i am just as capable as the guys in my class and i've done better than the losi

gaiz great purchase...and lets move onto a discussion that's more important...like setups haha

mine 40 f shocks 30 r shocks
front upper a-arm in highest postion
front shocks in upper middle hole
rear shocks in upper middle hole(i believe have to go look)
5(F),7(C),2(R) in diffs
rear i believe is 3/3 plate
rear camber link in lower outer hole on both hub and shock tower
hybrid nova p5(on-road crank,p5 internals,aftermarket head)/jp-3(might toss a jp-1 on it)
servos(haha this is the funny part) mg995(can't wait to get my hitec fixed),jr 650m(actually not bad but will taken off for better servo)
hole shot or bowties soon a couple of sets of panthers 2
Old 06-18-2008, 02:21 PM
INTEGRA

crazy 8t....do u even have a clue ?
Old 06-18-2008, 02:32 PM
qaiz

Aah screw it, I like mine, absolutely kills the track. End of discussion.

What set-ups are you guys running, engine, servos, etcc..?

I picked up a JP .21 Eagle B7 engine + the exhaust today, got them for an extremely good price . This engine is still on break-in, and absoloutely rips.!!!

Also got my race bodies ready for the Hyper ST and Jammin X1 CR

Well, heres my setup

Shocks : 45F - 35R
Diffs : 2F - 7C - 5R
Engine : JP .21 Eagle B7
Exhaust : JP Novarossi 2015
Servos : JR DS8511 All Around
Tyres : Stock Jammin for Practice, ProLine Step Ups for Racing.

Some new pics..

Still gotta cut out the frond windscreen in the Hyper Body

Old 06-18-2008, 03:11 PM
crazy 8t

crazy 8t....do u even have a clue ?
no im lost half of the time in my own little world
Old 06-19-2008, 12:31 AM
joydude630

Qaiz - So you got the JP engine. How much did you get it for including the pipe? Did you get my PM which was sent to you yesterday.
Old 06-19-2008, 12:36 AM
qaiz

ORIGINAL: joydude630

Qaiz - So you got the JP engine. How much did you get it for including the pipe? Did you get my PM which was sent to you yesterday.
PM Sent .
Old 06-19-2008, 01:14 AM
X2TAP
My Feedback: (-1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I run JAMMIN X1 CR (RTR) and i love it I have X1 CRT too, Jammin are very consistent, it wont break easily, alot of set up options track by track, very competetive OLD SCHOOL BUGGY & TRUGGY, until now jammin are still winning and beating LOSI MUGEN ASSOCIATED, it happens.. we all know that..
here are some picture of mine..

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...p/DSC_1304.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...p/DSC_1305.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...p/DSC_1307.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...p/DSC_1270.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...119670288l.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...p/DSC_0679.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...p/DSC_1233.jpg

it was rtr and looks like this
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...MMIN001025.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...MMIN001151.jpg

keep it up and you will enjoy driving it..
The following users liked this post:
Nvr2Old (04-19-2020)
Old 06-19-2008, 06:12 AM
NewKid

gaiz very intersting diff setup what do you fell that setup gives you? and I know you run on a sand track correct? i've just never personally seen such low diff oil up front and heavier rear..also man i am jealous jp eagle i want one badly like seriously
Old 06-19-2008, 06:29 AM
qaiz

I got that diff setup by mistake LOL. It was meant to be the other way around. But the way it is right now, gives me the exact amount of oversteer that I like, and nearly no understeer. Yupp, we run on a sand track, but it does get watered down before a race, which doubles the grip.

Im extremely comfortable with this setup now, dont think im gonna be changing it anytime soon.

Thanks about the engine, It absoloutely rips.! Power all throughout the rev range. Extremely good run times, didnt think they'd be so good. Very happy with this engine. Kinda bought it on an impulse, wasnt even looking at the JP line of engines. Well, now I think my Buggy's all ready to race.

Picked up the CVD Joint covers today, just got done installing those. Gotta do the shocks on my Truggy, and im ready .

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.