Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

this is all i think...

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 11:15 PM
bud09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default this is all i think...

after gettin my buggy started today this is all i think about now. all i do is think about buggies, and i've only gone through my first tank of break in on my sirio .21. it already is slowing me that it's a beast. i have it sitting in a ofna 9.5. ill b gettin pictures of it tomrrow (stealin my sister's camera, lol). i am so happy.
guys for who read my help thread. my battery was worn out.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:47 PM
sfar785

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: this is all i think...

yeah, i'm 23 years old and all i think about is my 8ight
Old 07-23-2008, 11:55 PM
Furadi

In the same boat brothers. If I'm not thinking of ways to improve my 8ight, im thinking about lines on the track and ways to go faster. It gets really bad the week leading up to a race...
Old 07-24-2008, 12:03 AM
youwish16

im with you guys. sittting on home im on the forums, looking up rc stuff, thinking about my buggy. at work thats all i think about, in school thats all i think about. i'll sit around think about my next race, i even txt my cousin and trash talk about lapping him and stuff. it becomes pretty addicted, i only get a chance to race once a month though, wish it was more
Old 07-24-2008, 12:10 AM
sfar785

yeah, this hobby is VERY addicting. I spend all my spare cash on my 8ight, i have it around $1300 now including the price of the buggy
Old 07-24-2008, 12:17 AM
youwish16

i have a little over $1000 in my turmoil and parts. soon gonna unload it and buy a diff buggy
Old 07-24-2008, 12:49 AM
sparko
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: sfar785

yeah, i'm 23 years old and all i think about is my 8ight

When I was your age all I thought was chicks lol
Old 07-24-2008, 01:02 AM
sfar785

i'm married already and on my way to Iraq, if i thought about "chicks", i'd be deploying without testicles
Old 07-24-2008, 01:34 AM
IloveMYxt2

^^^ Thats hilarious.

Good for you that your married, but shouldnt you be thinking about your wife? Just a little at least?

I am 25 and I was addicted, but I went to RCA (RC Anonymous) and got some help. I am now addicted free.
Old 07-24-2008, 01:38 AM
Damin69

Heck I am 38 and addicted to this sport. I have I figure over $1500 EAch into My Mugen MBX5R and MBX5T. It does not take long. always something you want to add or upgrade.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:45 AM
westphill24

I thought it was just me.[X(] Ever since i went to my first race all I do is buy rc stuff and stay on rc universe. I had to limit it though because my girlfriend lives with me and she needs attention too, but Im glad Im not the only one like this.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:32 AM
Safety Hawk
My Feedback: (6)

It could be worse.....You could be addicted to crappy video games like World of Warcraft or Everquest. Just be glad RC gets you outside every once in awhile.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:28 PM
westphill24

Im going to use that next time she gives me a hard time.lol "but you said you wanted to get out the house"
Old 07-24-2008, 12:53 PM
rccheech

I've said it before....it's an addiction.....LOL
Old 07-24-2008, 01:07 PM
musclecar64

I'm definitely addicted to R/C.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:53 PM
mfroot

But just think of all the other things you could be droping money on and not have anything to show for +1000 to all of you.

Hi my name is mark my drug of choice is 1/8 scale buggy.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:13 PM
sparko

ORIGINAL: Safety Hawk

It could be worse.....You could be addicted to crappy video games like World of Warcraft or Everquest. Just be glad RC gets you outside every once in awhile.

Been there done that.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:33 PM
rccheech

HIIIIIII MARK my name is Jim, my drug of choice is 1/8 scale racing, I've been an addict for 16 years....And darn proud of it!!!!
Old 07-24-2008, 09:58 PM
Townsley

ORIGINAL: Safety Hawk

lol...im addicted to good video games and RC's. if im not messing with my cars im playing ps3 online....call of duty 4!!!you can get soem intense games goin. lol but im addicted to both. i spend about the same amount of time to each. and i agree..it takes alot of $$$$$ especailly for me..im only 17 right now....all my money goes to rc parts, ps3 games, gas, and gf. lol but this hobby is well worth the $ imo.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:19 PM
bud09

ORIGINAL: mfroot

But just think of all the other things you could be droping money on and not have anything to show for +1000 to all of you.

Hi my name is mark my drug of choice is 1/8 scale buggy.
dude thats my name. no joke.

bad luck hit me again. my crankshaft broke on my sirio .21, jus where the cb is, not internal. not sure if any of u know a of a replacement or one that is close.
Old 07-24-2008, 11:33 PM
TommyGun24

Me too. Im 25.

Safety Hawks right. There are worse addictions out there. Games are such a waste of time, sitting inside day and night in front of the playstation is NOT cool ! At least this gets you out and about to see places, meet people, for the young guys out there with parents giving you a hard time tell them that, and also tell the its educational because you learn mechanical skills !

Old 07-25-2008, 12:00 AM
redfox03

i'm 23 also, all i do is think about rc and fishing when i get some spare time. some days i have enough time to hit a lake one day and then a race the following day. im on any rc and fishing site i can find. always thinking of ways to get around the track faster with my truggy, thinking of which buggy to get next, which motor do i want, how am i going to paint my next shell. i have a poster of a hyper 8 on my room door. yeah, i'm addicted. oh yeah, i also have a ps3, but i usually play at night for about an hour or so before bed. yep like townsley said, call of duty 4. get some good games going on there. but i do more fishing and rc'ing then games. video games are my winter hobby when it's way too cold to go outside, or im unwinding from some school work.
Old 07-25-2008, 06:34 AM
Logi3

25 Here also addicited, house is a mess with various RCs stripped, parts all over and tools. My GF is going crazy but i let it go out one ear and other the other. Unfortunatly i only get to race on Sundays as there nothing else in the week

Built a new Mugen MBX5T Prospec last week and all i have been able to do is drive it back and forth whilst breaking in the engine. Every day im fiddling with the setup making sure everything is set correct. I know have perfect matching camber, toe etc now on the front and have 90 degree angle on the servo arm and servo saver..... Dont think i can fiddle with anything else, and its clean...

Will have to give the Buggy some love i think, im gutted i dont have 4 arms, as i love driving the Buggy mainly, but im a far better and more compeitive Truggy driver Need to use both!
Old 07-25-2008, 06:51 AM
vladconnery

Well Heck I don't feel so bad now. Hello my name is Tracy and I'm addicted to 1/8th scale racing and fishing. I got it so bad that I stripped my office down and I'm in the process of repainting it. To turn it to part RC Lab part office. Ok thats a lie my sons painting it I'm to busy Rc'ing or fishing. I got so into this hobby that I sold all my fly tying equipment to buy RC stuff. Didn't have time or money for both. Heck I can buy all the fly's I need tying takes up to much time that I could be fishing or RC'ing. Got enough money for that stuff to get me a nomadio which I love and an RB S3. I spend my time day dreaming about good lines on the track and what adj. should I make. Used to love to play RTS on the computer the entire Command and Conquer series. Now all my computer does is send emails and log onto RC sites I think its mad at me. I hope it knows I will sell it too if comes down to it. I can surf the web from my phone. Hold on the wifes coming for my 8 a.m. nitro injection hope we can find a good vein today. Had 3 collapse this week hope my boss doesn't notice the track marks.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:00 AM
hkenvy91

im 35 and im addicted to rc's as well! and its spreading to my little girl who helped me paint a bug body for my crawler last week! she is 4 and wants a pink truck! but with my race truck <strr> ive got easily 15-1600 tied up in it after slappin a 500 dollar motor in it! is there any end to the madness!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.