Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Fuel Price And What Type

Old 07-31-2008, 12:07 PM
thenova70ss
My Feedback: (31)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Price And What Type

Hey guys i am gone to start this thread to see how much you Nitro has went up and how much it cost wear you live.Here in Arkansas it is $35.00 a gallon for Byron's Gen2 20% but just 4 months ago it was $20.00 for the same stuff.The guy at the hobby shop told me that his next order it was gone to go up to $40.00 a gallon.
Old 07-31-2008, 12:09 PM
Jamie22
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Fuel Price And What Type

ORIGINAL: thenova70ss

Hey guys i am gone to start this thread to see how much you Nitro has went up and how much it cost wear you live.Here in Arkansas it is $35.00 a gallon for Byron's Gen2 20% but just 4 months ago it was $20.00 for the same stuff.The guy at the hobby shop told me that his next order it was gone to go up to $40.00 a gallon.
Payin 28 bucks a gallon for trinty 30%
Old 07-31-2008, 01:06 PM
slayerphonics

ORIGINAL: thenova70ss

People are using gas, and nitro shortaged to up their prices when it isn't even affecting our hobby,

I personally know the maker of the fuel I run, he sells hundreds of gallons of fuel through out florida, he said his prices havn't changed at all,

But then I go into one of the hobby shops he sells his fuel at and they raised the price 4 bucks,

So I brought the fuel up to the counter and asked why it went up in price, and I got the whole fuel and nitro speech, Then I told that its funny because I was at the guys house who makes this fuel and he said he hasn't raised his prices, so why are you raising it.

He just looked dumb for a few seconds, I told him he could keep his fuel.

Whats funny though is the fuel he was selling for 40 bucks a gallon(nitrotane) didn't go up in price just the cheaper locally made stuff.

Really pissed me off that this LHS owner is taking advantage of speculation and peoples ignorance, thats why LHS don't make it. When you walk out felling you just got your arsed packed who wants to go back.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:38 PM
motoman827

ODonnell 20% about 29 a gallon up here. I paid about 25/gal a couple of weeks ago. Two hobby shops are telling me they can't get the higher nitro content fuel (20 - 30%) until after the olympics. They said most of the nitro fuel comes from China and they're not producing it until the olympics are over. Both stores were out of Traxxis although I don't use it. Has anyone heard this?
Old 07-31-2008, 09:02 PM
vladconnery
My Feedback: (1)

$24 for Byrons Gen2 20% carolinasrc
Old 07-31-2008, 09:11 PM
rpg711

Slayer, I had an extreme case of that.
I asked my mom(i'm under 16, and lazy) to go to my local hobby town to get some nitro.
When she asked about why the prices were so much more expensive, the shop owner started yelling at her and told her that he didn't want our business anymore, and to just get back on our little websites to order. She was like, ok, whatever... amain and tower is better treatment that that bullcrap that that shop owner treated us with.
He became all violent and started throwing things... I mean... why... if you want your shop to grow, you dont treat customers like that. I personally know that I will never go to a hobby town again, EVER
Old 07-31-2008, 10:00 PM
youwish16

my lhs owner said byron is back to making 30%. he said he just reveived a couple of cases. last time i bought fuel was in june, bought 3 gallons of sidewinder worlds 30% at 27.50 a piece
Old 07-31-2008, 10:27 PM
SManMTB

Last years TQ 30% - $50 for 4 gallons.

Old 07-31-2008, 11:45 PM
Tree1

A couple of weeks ago, I bought 4 gallons of Byrons 30% Gen 2 fuel for $27.99 each.
Old 08-01-2008, 06:48 AM
vladconnery

ORIGINAL: rpg711

I asked my mom(i'm under 16, and lazy) to go to my local hobby town to get some nitro.
When she asked about why the prices were so much more expensive, the shop owner started yelling at her and told her that he didn't want our business anymore, and to just get back on our little websites to order. She was like, ok, whatever... amain and tower is better treatment that that bullcrap that that shop owner treated us with.
He became all violent and started throwing things... I mean... why... if you want your shop to grow, you dont treat customers like that. I personally know that I will never go to a hobby town again, EVER
What did you expect its HobbyTowne! I would never shop at HobbyTowne for anything they suck! I've been to several HobbyTownes and they are always the same. If you want to go to a good Hobby Shop you have to find one thats privately owned. Those guys seem to always work hard to help you and keep your business. I am sure its because it's there business and how they feed there family's. HobbyTown is a chain the owner rarely even actually works in the store. The employees are garbage in there knowledge not to mention they don't care because its not there store.
Old 08-01-2008, 11:43 AM
thopper

All of the suppliers have raised there prices...there is a shortage. You may be able to buy old stock that was purchased by the shop before the increase but there has been several price increases from Horizon, Byrons etc over the last two months.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:52 PM
slayerphonics

Take a look at this artical, the high nitro prices are just like gas prices its speculation. people buying and trading gas not using it, its funny because on paper more gas was traded then used, so its not supply and demand.

Old 08-01-2008, 12:59 PM
mankal

ORIGINAL: rpg711

You're more than lazy....You'd let some LHS guy yell at your mom and throw stuff around? Dude, even if I was 16 and couldnt drive, I'd take a cab or bus to the LHS and open a can of Whoop-Ass.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:01 AM
rclynx

Better hit those LHS's this weekend Nitro is going up next week
Old 08-02-2008, 11:20 AM
JsK

Byrons Gen 2 30% still 32.00 a gal like its been for months. The LHS
just got a new shipment in so I will have to check his prices today.
Old 08-02-2008, 01:31 PM
sfar785

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nitrotane is $33 for 30% at our LHS, but Hobby Town is selling Eliminator fuel for $43 for 20%
Old 08-02-2008, 02:07 PM
rclynx

Thats what I'm talking about guys, go get your fuel because if you don't the price is going up. Only reason it might stay down for a while at your LHS is if the owner is a good guy and sells out at the lower price before he gets another order. [&:]
Old 08-02-2008, 02:29 PM
IloveMYxt2

John,

Why is it going up again? Is it truly shortage or just LHS trying to hustle people? I cant afford 40 bucks for a gallon everytime. Looks like I am riding once a week from now on.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:31 PM
sfar785

1 simple reason it's going up, Supply and Demand, u buy it for $40, they'll sell it for $40
Old 08-02-2008, 02:55 PM
nissanlove

are u guys on crack, whoever told u the price of nitro is goin up is wrong! the fuel costs exactly the same BUT since diesel is $4.99 a gallon it costs the lhs MORE to have it shipped, thus the inflation in price! it is a byproduct of the ****ty economy
Old 08-02-2008, 03:00 PM
sfar785

um...no, do more research before posting. The cost of fuel DID go up, even on-line hobby shops are charging more for fuel than normal.
Old 08-02-2008, 03:33 PM
nissanlove

wow! "even on-line hobby shops are charging more for fuel than normal" and they dont have to ship the fuel?
i think u just proved my point!! and remember fuel is a hazard and has special shipping needs
Old 08-02-2008, 03:36 PM
sfar785

the prices themselves went up, not including shipping shipping price comes AFTER the price you pay to buy it
Old 08-02-2008, 04:11 PM
nissanlove

okay if it cost 5 dollars to ship a $10 item then inflation happens now its $10 to ship the 10 dollar item. for the shop to make money they have to mark up the products to offset the shipping costs!
Old 08-02-2008, 04:15 PM
rpg711

Online shops don't add money to fill shipping, they charge calculated shipping so it doesnt matter.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.