Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Dissappointed with Jammin Chassis

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 07:50 AM
OctaviaN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dissappointed with Jammin Chassis

hey folks,

Just thought Id write in to see how people find the wear and tear on a jammin chassis.
I know all tracks are different etc but an overall visibility of how the Jammin X1X chassis wears compared to other makes people have used or observed at their local track some feedback would be good on other chassis alternatives.

Im on my second buggy with the first as a backup and gotta say following the euros (its maiden voyage) and a few club rounds since then just once a week the area were contact is made for droop is at least half way worn through and the rear area is also half worn through I find this both dissapointing and bordering on rubbish.

Has anyone heard of soft / bad batch of soft chassis before? 4 weeks usage and i think Ill be lucky to get another 4 before one of the droop set screws pushes through??

Also the front hubs loosen up very fast and require replacing at this point or at the least shimming as the whole steering wobble back and over alot (servo saver needs looking at)
[]
Having said that the drive shafts are in perfect condition.

Nick
Old 08-07-2008, 08:06 AM
slayerphonics

Default RE: Dissappointed with Jammin Chassis

Well,

I would say this, If your having major wear on the rear of the truck, you may want to check your setup, you may be having an excessive chassi drag problem, where the rear of your truck is dragging the ground on acceleration to much for to long.

I always look for a skid plate for the truck i'm driving, not sure if there is one for the jammin.
We drive on clay and if you have to much chassi drag it will melt through your chassi

The play in the steering is kinda normal, if you think your jammin is bad mess with an 8ight.

The C-hub design always has alot more play then the pillow balls that have almost none.
Old 08-07-2008, 10:59 AM
RcRacer37E

I know on my set up (its kyosho strr) I limit my rear droop to 1mm or level on the rear. My chassis is a bce chassis and I have noticed that the droop screw were it hits the chassis is wearing. I mix j-b weld and just smooth it over. This chassis is on a full year of run time so wear is normal, but not in just 4 weeks time.
I had the crt pro kit 2 tears ago and do remember have this issue with the truggy, my issue was breaking rear a arms every weekend, one week the right next week the left.
Try ofnas web site tech support and see what they have to say.
Old 08-07-2008, 11:39 AM
Chopped02

Check out DE Racing. They have a set of 3 rear skid plates for the Jammin for 7 bucks. Free shipping too. You can find them on Ebay or their website which I believe is www.deracing.com
Old 08-07-2008, 01:06 PM
OctaviaN

cheers guys ya ill be investing in some plates and will give the weld stuff a go
Thanks
Old 08-07-2008, 09:12 PM
rccheech

ORIGINAL: slayerphonics

The play in the steering is kinda normal, if you think your jammin is bad mess with an 8ight.

How so very true, I think it actually helps the 8ight.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:51 PM
razzor

that is a common problem on most buggies but a remedy is at hand
I use button head screws that dont wear the chassis like the grub screws do.
Note though the enviroment our buggies run in so wear does vary but with teh button head screw its a lot less due to larger contact area.