Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

BUGGY AND ENGINE TROUBLES

Old 09-18-2008, 09:54 PM
jokrsxtra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BUGGY AND ENGINE TROUBLES

I just pulled out my old Thunder Tiger Mirage V-Spec (21 stock motor) from storage. Its something like 8 years old. Anyway, I can get it to run, but it seems to just rev high, fuel spitting from the pipe. I am trying to adjust the carb, I'm not sure that I know what screws are for what exactly. I know where the HSN is, and the idle screw, but the LSN, Im not sure about. Is that the screw that is under the rubber boot where the servo arm is attached too?
I guess what I am looking for is some great starting tuning tips. When I had the engine running and I applied gas, the buggy really didnt want to move, like the brake was applied. When I spin the front and rear wheels, I notice the front has some drag on it that the rear does not, is this normal? I was thinking of removing the front drive shaft and see if the car will want to move then.

I was going to sell this car on ebay but I kind of found an interest in it again, but I am having a hard time getting started, can someone please help me!!! I would really like some helpful tips.

Thanks,
Mark[:@]
Old 09-18-2008, 10:03 PM
Nathan9492

Default RE: BUGGY AND ENGINE TROUBLES

this is a good guide
[link]http://www.*********.org/cars_eng-tuning.htm[/link]
Old 07-04-2009, 11:17 AM
lez1troubles

HIGH speed needle is the big gold coloured one, your low speed needle is the small one that you found between the rubber and your idle screw is the one with the spring around it.
Old 07-04-2009, 12:15 PM
Chris_RC

Google the Ron Paris Tuning Guide.