Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Track Design

Old 11-28-2008, 03:24 PM
bleinmiller
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track Design

Want to start a hobby shop/track. I want all the consumer opinions I can get. What would you consider the ideal outside dimensions for an 1/8 scale off road track? Lane width in straits, turns, etc.? I've noticed that wherever I go the track layout is decided by the owner to an extent but mostly to driver input, I like that. Your thoughts? Thanks guys.

Keep the shiny side up.
Old 11-28-2008, 09:32 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Track Design

Minimum lane width for sanction racing is 10 feet. Track size 150x100 feet or more.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:08 AM
INTEGRA

how much $$ you got to spend on this venture ? tracks are expensive and hobby shops are even more so.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:12 AM
cltcrns

LOL good luck..................
Old 11-29-2008, 11:08 AM
bleinmiller
My Feedback: (4)

Yeah, it'll be tough, but it's my dream, everybody should have a dream. Just as long as they don't lose touch with reality of their everyday lives. I don't plan to carry any more than I have to jusst enough to keep the racers on the track when breakages occur, but I know how fast parts add up, especially on this scale. I'll keep only a few of the more popular race kits and rtr's and beginner stuff. They say "Where there's a will, there's a way", I just have to find it. Thanks for the input guys.