Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

XTM Buggy?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 09:04 PM
C.rusak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XTM Buggy?

My local hobby shop has a XTM XT2 I believe, for 280$. Is that a good deal? Also how good is this thing, i've did my research but didnt find a whole lot about it. One last thing, how hart is it to get parts for them? Any help would be greatly appriecatied
Thanks in advance
C.rusak
Old 12-04-2008, 09:08 PM
IloveMYxt2

Default RE: XTM Buggy?

Oh great. Your going to get a few people who bash XTM products so I am going to warn you ahead of time.

I love my XT2. Its a very durable buggy and tough as nails. Me and my buddy bash ours hard and they hold up real well.

If your LHS sells it, then they should also stock parts for it. If not then hobbypeople.net or xtm-dealer.com has them and you usually get them in 2-3 days.

Anyways, let the trash talking begin..........
Old 12-04-2008, 10:50 PM
aric38

let me be the first to trash xtm productsfirst you need to figure out if you want to bash or race if you want to bash by all means get the xt2 but if you want to race save your money and buy a race spec buggy there is alot to choose from go to your local track and ask around people will be happy to help you. as for a few people who bash the xt2 wich is most of the people on this forum most of them have owned a xt2 and know it is not a race spec buggy and is not going to be competive. go back a few pages on the forum and you will find a couple of threads on the subject but the most important thing to do is go to the track and see what they are running and im willing bet there no xt2. take your time dont make a expensive mistake
Old 12-04-2008, 11:05 PM
C.rusak

Well i want to bash with it but, every thursday i go to the local track and run for a few hours. I dont think ill be racing but i do tend to get competitive with the other ppl there.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:05 PM
IloveMYxt2

ORIGINAL: aric38

let me be the first to trash xtm productsfirst you need to figure out if you want to bash or race if you want to bash by all means get the xt2 but if you want to race save your money and buy a race spec buggy there is alot to choose from go to your local track and ask around people will be happy to help you. as for a few people who bash the xt2 wich is most of the people on this forum most of them have owned a xt2 and know it is not a race spec buggy and is not going to be competive. go back a few pages on the forum and you will find a couple of threads on the subject but the most important thing to do is go to the track and see what they are running and im willing bet there no xt2. take your time dont make a expensive mistake

I agree with your post. The XT2 is heavy and a better basher. There are kits out there that weigh a pound or more less than the XT2. But if your into bashing, its a great buggy.

By the way, check out my videos of the XT2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU2yLJapYds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_eHivvYKXg
Old 12-04-2008, 11:19 PM
TRIPPLE A STRONG
Banned

wow that is a great price you should by 2 of them that price wont last long and then your buddys can race and bash withyou
Old 12-04-2008, 11:29 PM
TRIPPLE A STRONG
Banned

ORIGINAL: TRIPPLE A STRONG

wow that is a great price you should by 2 of them that price wont last long and then your buddys can race and bash withyou
[ul][*] [*] [*]
[/ul]
Old 12-04-2008, 11:37 PM
aric38

what are you running now
Old 12-04-2008, 11:40 PM
TRIPPLE A STRONG
Banned

ORIGINAL: TRIPPLE A STRONG

i hope you know that was a joke dont buy 2 dont even by one unless you want to waste your cash
Old 12-04-2008, 11:43 PM
TRIPPLE A STRONG
Banned

ORIGINAL: IloveMYxt2

Oh great. Your going to get a few people who bash XTM products so I am going to warn you ahead of time.

I love my XT2. Its a very durable buggy and tough as nails. Me and my buddy bash ours hard and they hold up real well.

If your LHS sells it, then they should also stock parts for it. If not then hobbypeople.net or xtm-dealer.com has them and you usually get them in 2-3 days.

Anyways, let the trash talking begin..........
next time you should lite that thing on fire then jump your car
Old 12-05-2008, 12:25 AM
IloveMYxt2

Hey MODS, please do your job:

Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks.

Tripple a strong is seriously annoying. Please do your job mods.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:37 AM
TRIPPLE A STRONG
Banned

i was just trying to make your video more exiting pleas dont take it personal
Old 12-05-2008, 01:03 AM
Ozmick

Have not broken anything on mine except a wing, which is bound to happen giving it a hard time.
Not a racer but is a great basher.

AAA Strong, I am looking at an Xray for an upgrade.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:12 AM
aric38

ozmick is racing big there i mean a lot of local tracks and club racing
Old 12-05-2008, 01:15 AM
TRIPPLE A STRONG
Banned

thats all i ever broke on mine also i even ran mine head on with another full speed ita a good basher but this guy is to much fun to pass up thats all the xray is a good racer hope you get it
Old 12-05-2008, 01:38 AM
Ozmick

Not as massive as the states..... more of a enthusist gathering, near me there was a track but it is now degraded and no longer used.
But the LHS has a track adjacent to their carpark and have get togethers on Saturday arvo's.
The guys at the LHS race so all I will do is ask them when the time is right.
Old 12-05-2008, 04:17 PM
TRIPPLE A STRONG
Banned

thats cool you will like racing its fun and difrent then bashing have fun with it
Old 12-05-2008, 06:04 PM
everspeed

The XT-2's are good buggies. Got an awesome engine, it will surprise you at how well it handles. Or I think so. My old X-terminator handled great I thought. But that's a personal preference.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:24 PM
TRIPPLE A STRONG
Banned

WAHT EVER YOU SAY GUY IF IT SURPRISED YOU THEN THATS GREAT
Old 12-05-2008, 11:45 PM
C.rusak

Well to answer som questions, Right now im running a t maxx with a sirio .18, a oldschool rusty, and i also have a HPI mt with a sirio. Also when it comes to runnig it like i said before i do some bashing but mainly i just go to the local track and mess around. Not planning on racing any time soon. Im into enough with racing dirtbikes and getting my s 10 ready for when I can get my permit.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:02 AM
SnowTau

Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post. We encourage the free flow of your ideas, but believe that they can be communicated (and received) much more effectively if you keep things civil. If you have to vent, take it offline. We carefully monitor posts and will ban individuals who engage in offensive conduct within the forums. Thanks.

consistent double posting too..
Old 12-06-2008, 12:17 AM
TRIPPLE A STRONG
Banned

O GOOD X2S BOY FREIND IS BACK[sm=drowning.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif] X 2 THEN
Old 12-06-2008, 12:20 AM
TRIPPLE A STRONG
Banned

ORIGINAL: SnowTau

consistent double posting too..
MAY BE HE SHOULD LITE THAT THING ON FIRE AND JUMP YOU THEN?
Old 12-06-2008, 12:36 AM
TRIPPLE A STRONG
Banned

IM LOOKING FOR MY BUDDY RC IDIOT NOW THATS THE ONLY TRUE THING YOU CLAIMED SO FAR
Old 12-06-2008, 12:52 AM
race raider

I think when things get a little boring in the forum someone starts a xtm thread just to watch you guys go at it [sm=punching.gif]. well i guess everyone needs a rival I just think tripple a has little more fun with it now back to the subject of thread if you want a basher x2t is one many pretty good options