Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

onfa lx1 buggy to truggy conversion

Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

onfa lx1 buggy to truggy conversion

Old 02-08-2009, 09:03 PM
jikkuria

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default onfa lx1 buggy to truggy conversion

well, it's an ofna lx1 that im workin on making into a truggy. i really haven't done much except swap out the wheels for 40 series crimefighters on wabash rims, and put the teal head 427. im just looking for any tips or tech info that would be useful. thankyou, paul.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:48 PM
INTEGRA

Default RE: onfa lx1 buggy to truggy conversion

you do realize truggy's have different gearing to allow them to run bigger tire's ? chances are your clutch will pack it in before you get any real drive time on the "truck".....FWIW convert it back to a buggy and enjoy it that way...the cash it would take to make it handle the abuse those tires will apply will be Way too much to justify....especially when you can buy a Brand New 8ight for 300$ used for around 200$ if you shop around.
Old 02-08-2009, 11:23 PM
jikkuria

i didn't plan to mess with the diffs, but i did plan to gear it down a little bit, and maybe a 4 shoe clutch or fioroni clutch set up. i looked around at some truggys like the HB lightning, or the hellfire because i can get a roller for 75 dollars right now, but it think it will be fun to do something with it. yea the buggy handles good, but im bored with it.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:18 AM
IloveMYxt2

Put longer arms on it to give it a truggy look. You can always get a different spur gear, thats not a problem.

I think the best part of this hobby is to make things your way and work on stuff. Go for it and keep us updated with pics.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:16 AM
jikkuria

i was considering that, do you know of any arms that would have the right mounts.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:04 AM
INTEGRA

Longer arms= Longer CVD's....for the price of 4 brand new outter CVD's and 2 center's for a trug chassy...you would already be at probably 100$....its not Worth it to do this conversion as i stated....buy a truggy and do what you please to it....you honestly are wasting your $$ and time on this....sorry to be blunt...but its true.