Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

buy a car in the winter or summer???

Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

buy a car in the winter or summer???

Old 02-17-2009, 04:03 PM
mikewait

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buy a car in the winter or summer???

Hey guys i want to buy a Losi 8ight 2.0 buggy with a tuned GRP .21 engine promo kit and 2 Jr servos on amain. So i want to buy alot of stuff...
But would it be cheaper to buy a car right now in the winter even though i can't drive it because there is always snow out side. or would it be cheaper to buy it in the summer around May or June???
Im wondering if the prices will increase or decrease because the economy is not doing too well???

What do you guys think??? when it the best time to buy???
Old 02-17-2009, 06:56 PM
mabuecker
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: buy a car in the winter or summer???

once you get the essentials then you got break in,tune&get'er dialed. sooner the better. if bought nib id still after its in my hands take a couple weeks to study and get things ready to put on the track. price wise you could possibly get stuff cheaper now or later...the grp engine lines maybe due for somthing new, but thats only my thought. i could get a nib 2.0 for $50 less than i can now back in november(through connections that i had then). now with top of the line jr servos they went up since spring 08 from $115 to $140 so if you go all amain, which altogether w/coupon codes you looking at a total of about $1000. at most you could maybe save $50 between now&then...
Old 02-17-2009, 06:59 PM
mabuecker
My Feedback: (8)

just a note, seems like the rc economy is booming. esspecially with us guys looking at spending 1g on another buggy(im looking and pricing same as you at the moment)
Old 02-17-2009, 07:19 PM
46u
My Feedback: (3)

If you can get away with a grand you are doing good! Buggy kit, servos, engine, pipe then I hope you have a radio system.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:24 PM
gokartingbob455

i stole all my stuff dont tell the cops