Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Looking for a new engine (O.S. , RB or Novarossi)

Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Looking for a new engine (O.S. , RB or Novarossi)

Old 05-11-2009, 12:38 PM
TurboBimmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a new engine (O.S. , RB or Novarossi)

Hello,

I'm looking to purchase a new engine a replace my old-tired RB Cconept Worlds S7 for race sessions. I had in the past O.S. RG and RZ and I know they are a quality piece, performance is good but most important, are very reliable! Now the new VZ series of O.S. seems to have some options, there is th eblack one wich was the champion last year but I'm not looking for a crazy power-price yet so I might like to get a more STD version of the VZ if I go this route. What version do exist and what are th emain differences in the VZ models?

O.S. Max .21 VZ-B V-Spec-T (P) Turbo Race Engine
O.S. Speed .21 V-Spec Turbo Race Engine
O.S. .21VZ-B V-Spec 2 Worlds ABC 21JS Slide Carb Race Engine

Now for the RB Comcept, how is this engine runing in general? What I like abotu RB is it power and 2 needle carb design wich is mcuh easier to tune up for the most and its reliable. What model would you suggest and why?

I had Novarossi engines in the past, very powerfull but I never had one of them properlly tuned or maybe they weren't enough reliable to me on the track.

About my World S7 RB engine I have right now, I would like to repair it, does someone knows if any piston sleeve-piston and con rod combo of the new RB engines would be possible to use?

Thanks
Old 05-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Chris_RC

Default RE: Looking for a new engine (O.S. , RB or Novarossi)

Ive always been a big RB fan. Second to OS in ease of tuning, and second to none in quality and longevity. But for the $300 range, the Novarossi +4 would be good, better than the S7 from RB. For the $200 range, the S5 or S7 would be my choice. OS V-Spec's have great power, Im actually going to get one, but there is question marks about durability and longevity. I would like to see how the top 3 engines from each mfg comapre: OS Speed Worlds 2, RB B9 (newer version of c6) and novarossi Toro Nero.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:07 PM
TurboBimmer

Cool, do yo uhave HP specs on the S9 or WS9 that list in their site? The Toro Nero seems to be very powerfull and by the look of it, appears to be 2 needle carb wich is great.
Old 05-11-2009, 09:21 PM
Chris_RC

HP Specs form mfg are a bunch of BS. They try to overhype their product. bascially, the new versions are only very small updates to the 2008 line.
Old 05-12-2009, 10:06 AM
TurboBimmer

I emailed RB products regards to my old S7 World for overhaul it and told me this : You can replace the piston/rod/sleeve by the WS9's one (#01143-WS7M).

So, now that I have figured out what P/N order, where is a good palce to buy these parts, cheap in the states?

Thanks
Old 05-12-2009, 05:09 PM
Chris_RC

This is a good deal for a piston/sleeve/rod set, [link]http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_info.php/products_id/4834[/link].
Old 05-12-2009, 05:50 PM
mabuecker
My Feedback: (8)

man...id just stick to your rb. as quick as i get a vspec (and dont get me wrong they are nice but have problems)its being sold. the reliability of my rb trumps all. but if your looking at the nova +4, its a no brainer. great power and most likely a long lasting engine. depending on the price of your p/s for your s7, id look at the +4 possibly
Old 05-12-2009, 06:51 PM
TurboBimmer

Thanks! Yeah I'm keeping my RB and ordering the kit above mentioned to have a refreshed S7. I just spoked to a friend of mine that bought recently the Toro and we will see how it goes.