Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

need help with a truggy

Old 05-13-2009, 01:49 PM
cpx28

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with a truggy

hi people
so i am new to this stuff i got my first nitro power rc truggy 2 weeks ago. I was breaking it in and while doing so the truck would move forward me not knowing then that this was a normal event in the breaking in process decided to fine tune the motor. It hasnt worked right since. I purchased the truck from a newly open store in my area the store is unable to provide me with any factory settings the answer they give me when i ask is " Has a rule, there is no "factory settings" that are used on small nitro engines. There is just to many variables! type of fuel, weather, type of plug, etc" so after getting nowhere with the store and my manual tells me nothing about factory settings i am hoping that someone on here has a cpx 28 motor the rc truggy is called a hammer 2 its a hummer rip it has a cpx 28 motor with pull cord start can someone anyone please tell me if there are factory settings ?? PLEASE HELP
Old 05-13-2009, 05:14 PM
rclynx

Default RE: need help with a truggy

Go to the Truggy part of the forums.................here they could only give you half the answers...........LOL [:-]
Old 05-14-2009, 06:43 AM
ranger1
My Feedback: (32)

Default RE: need help with a truggy

well this isnt really a problem with the truck. its more of the motor. usually on those motors it like 3 or 3 1/2 turns out from closed on the hsn. and 2 or 2 1/2 turns out from closed on your lsn. also remember to set your idle by looking at how far the carb is open. then you should really control your idle with the lsn. thats how i learned how to tune