Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Which ofna buggy is best out of these?

Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Which ofna buggy is best out of these?

Old 07-11-2009, 04:37 PM
mval9188

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which ofna buggy is best out of these?

im interested in buying my 5th rc car and im looking at a buggy for the first time. Out of these three buggies which is the best:

Ofna 1/8 Ultra LX One RTR w/.28 Engine,
Ofna 1/8 Ultra MBX Competition RTR w/Powerstart
Ofna 1/8 Hyper 7 TQ Black RTR .21 Hyper

which will give me the best bang for my buck and what is the fastest i like speed alot.
Old 07-11-2009, 05:35 PM
xonikcocker

Default RE: Which ofna buggy is best out of these?

I have heard very good things about the Hyper 7 TQ Black. Plus it has a race-legal engine.
Old 07-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Chriscraft

Hi guy,
I own the Ofna Ultra LX One and this buggy screams. I have put some outlander tires and disc wheels that I got from Pro Line
And this buggy hooks up very well now. BE CAREFULL of 30% fuel!!!! I had to open the high speed needle and the low end needle
so the engine would cool good. If you can lock it in at 200-215 degrees, it will haul!!!
In my opinion, for $350.00 is what I paid, an 1/8 scale buggy close to pro scale is the way to go.
I have friends who bought rolling chassis and had to buy engines, servos,radios, and tires, and here I am with a buggy , RTR, Kicking their butts and throwing dirt in their face.
Really, it is up to you in what you are looking for. There are some very good buggys out there. I just can't see putting 500-800.00 into a rolling chassis that you have to build. RTR is my thing. I can modify later, but run NOW!
[8D]
P>S> for an extra option you can add the elecric start to the .28 so you can start quicker and run sooner.
Old 07-11-2009, 10:16 PM
mval9188

what about the mbx any thoughts which will be the fastest out of all three and how fast approximately??
Old 07-12-2009, 01:01 AM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

I have owned eacxh of those, and the Hyper 7 is hands down the best, and has alot more you can do with it. The ultra MBX is not really a competition buggy, and the LX1 is good, but yeah, having run all 3 the Hyper is my favorite of them all... plus it comes with the Hyper .21 Turbo 3 port engine wghich runs like a cheetah on steroids... If you plan to race ever thehyper is race ready, whereas the ultras are more for bashing...
Old 07-12-2009, 05:59 PM
vnmsgt

I like the Ultra LX one. I had one and it was great. The .28 makes it fly!! I like the threaded shocks that are on it even though they are not big bore. The Ultra LX one uses better turnbuckles you can actually adjust very easily and quickly instead of the threade rod the Hyper 7 TQ black uses. The Tires are better on the Ultra LX One as they are not as hard of a compound as the Hyper and get better grip. You can find the LX One on ebay for about $250 from Mac Hobbies if he has them listed. If not call them. That is where I got mine. Great guy.
Old 07-12-2009, 06:27 PM
djzachtyler

just cause the LX1 has a .28 doesn't make it faster... actually has a lower top speed than the Hyper 7 since a .21 will hit higher RPM where a .28 will have more low end torque The Hyper 7 TQ black ed. comes wioth the Hyper .21 Turbo 3 port which would totally blow the doors off the others.

As far as durability, I found out yesterday that the Hyper 7 is very tough after having my throttle srvo wire get into the spur gear, and thus causing my Hyper to hit a curb dead on at maybe 15-20 MPH. only thing damaged was one of the shock shafts, and now I'll have to fix the servo wire... no biggie really.

I agree with you on the turnbuckles tho the front top arms have to be disconnected to adjustr camber, but it is only 1 screw to remove to make the adustment so not too big a deal.

The ultra LX-1 and MBX will run you 25-50 bucks less than a Hyper brand new, but Like I said, I have owned all three of these buggies and it is my opinion that the Hyper 7 is hands down the best. Nothing wrong with the others, but if you even have a slight desire to compete in the future, the Hyper series is a good starting platform, whereas the Ultras are just bashers...
Old 07-13-2009, 01:29 PM
mabuecker
My Feedback: (8)

hyper 7 tq black no doubt
Old 07-14-2009, 06:43 AM
vnmsgt

ORIGINAL: mabuecker

hyper 7 tq black no doubt
I am going to go buy one right now!!!! LOL[&:]
Old 07-15-2009, 03:41 PM
mval9188

how is the Ofna 1/8 Picco Off-Road Nitro Buggy RTR compared to the hyper 7 tq black?
Old 07-15-2009, 03:49 PM
breezerboat

I got the Ofna Picco over the TQ Black. I wanted the big bore shocks and have been very happy with my purchase. I have run a gallon through it and all I have replaced is the steering servo and radio (Spektrum DX2.0) I don't think you could go wrong with either.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:18 PM
mval9188

which engine is faster
Old 07-16-2009, 12:42 AM
djzachtyler

the Picco is definately a better engine by all means, now that you have brought that particular buggy into the picture I would imagine it is a little better than the hyper, a buddy just got one of the Picco OFNAs and loves it!