Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Buggy track setup questions thread

Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Buggy track setup questions thread

Old 07-20-2009, 08:06 PM
xonikcocker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buggy track setup questions thread

Well first off I searched and couldn't find anything about specific track tuning for my problem, so I figured this thread could be a place where people can come in and ask a specific question about their buggy on their local track and how to improve it.

My question is my Losi 8ight 2.0 on my local track. My track is hard packed dirt with a ton of dust piled up around the corners. What happens to my buggy is the rear end tends to wash out a lot. Enough that it was I am thinking something isn't set up right. My next problem is my buggy tends to go nose down in jumps. I know it's fixable but I just don't know what to adjust or where to start!

Thanks guys!
Old 07-20-2009, 08:13 PM
rcadict

Default RE: Buggy track setup questions thread

the nose of my buggy was doin that , the brake was draggin a little
Old 07-22-2009, 12:28 PM
madbrad70

Giving it a little more throttle in the air will bring up the nose. Shock position and spring stiffness will also change the way it jumps. Another trick is pre-loading the shocks, meaning going full speed to the ramp and just before you hit the face of the ramp left off so the nose drops a little then go full throttle agian. Takes practice to get that right. I can only do it on the long run ups to jumps.

Tires make the biggest difference in traction. If you think your tires are good for your track, then you can change the diff oil to transfer teh power to different areas of the car. If your spinning out, you may want to go with a lighter oil. The car will not transfer the power down as quickly causing you to spin out.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:47 PM
youwish16

http://www.neobuggy.net/images/News/drakenatsetup.jpg

theres drakes set from the nats last weekend
Old 07-24-2009, 09:11 PM
Chris_RC

I had the same traction issue, I went to the Losi Stable and Easy to Drive and it is great now! My track seems the same as yours-Thunder Alley.
Old 07-26-2009, 09:52 AM
xonikcocker

Ok guys I was at the track yesterday and feel as if I found the main problem I'm having. The engine is far too "snappy" in the low range. It makes the wheels spin badly whenever I give it throttle causing me to wash out and spin. I'm thinking about buying a JP-4 pipe and a 14 tooth clutchbell. What do you think about that? Will that make the stock Losi .21 less snappy or is that too much with a mid-high range pipe and a higher clutchbell tooth count? Or should I just stick with the stock pipe and get a 14T clutchbell?

Thanks!
Old 07-26-2009, 11:15 AM
lazyboy12300

I would stay with the stock pipe (unless you feel the engine is being limited at all by it) and buy the 14T CB, then if this doesn't change the problems, then possibly turn doesn't the dual rate on your transmitter, hope this helps. However, if your engine is pulling nicely through the rev range to get get to the highest revs at the end of the striaght, then possibly don't bother with the 14T, as this will just stop the engine from clearing.

hope this helps
Scott
Old 07-26-2009, 04:06 PM
madbrad70

You can also change the springs in your clutch to engage earler which will create less wheel spin. 1.1mm is the stiffest which gives it the pop of the line, so you may want to try some 1.0 or 0.9 springs to start with. Changing the CB will make a difference too.