Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

engines?

Old 07-22-2009, 11:10 AM
shaneoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engines?

Ive been doin some research into good .21 engines for my hyper 8 .. ive narrowed it down to
-RB C6BBT L2G
-Rb WS9
-O.S. Speed .21 VZ-B V-Spec II 08/09 Worlds Ed.

I usually run on small to medium tracks so i would guess im looking for good bottom end, so which one do you guys think is the best, and i know this is just goin to open a BIG CAN OF WORMS!! lol also if anybody has any other suggestions please let me know?
Old 07-22-2009, 12:16 PM
madbrad70

Default RE: engines?

Put all this engine name on a paper and put them in a hat and pick one. Either way dont think you'll be dissapointed. All of them are good.
Old 07-22-2009, 01:58 PM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

you could save a buck and just get the OS .21 VZB V-Spec and sent it to Ed Bridges at EB Mods and have an OS V-Spec engine that will run circles around the worlds edition by the time he finishes with it[8D]
Old 07-22-2009, 08:38 PM
tommygun32

ORIGINAL: djzachtyler

you could save a buck and just get the OS .21 VZB V-Spec and sent it to Ed Bridges at EB Mods and have an OS V-Spec engine that will run circles around the worlds edition by the time he finishes with it[8D]

+1

Or send it to Supertib. He's a modder as well. You can usually find him in the engine threads....
Old 07-23-2009, 10:32 PM
khudzik

Did you consider GRP? There aren't many left after their factory burned down, but it's a hell of a .21
http://www.overdriverc.com/proddetai...OSR2001&cat=27
http://www.overdriverc.com/proddetai...OSR2000&cat=27
Old 07-24-2009, 01:12 PM
shaneoc

hey guys what you think of the novarossi toro nero motor? how does it stack up against the others i was talking about?
Old 07-24-2009, 09:28 PM
j_blaze

...or the plus 21 4, from the list i would go C6 if you like more of an on/off switch type motor or ws9 if you l;ike it a bit smoother. i've seen too many locally and in threads of people re-building worlds motors and v-specs to even have any os's on my future lists, true you may get a good one but ther is always the bad ones.
Old 07-24-2009, 10:13 PM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

ORIGINAL: j_blaze

...or the plus 21 4, from the list i would go C6 if you like more of an on/off switch type motor or ws9 if you l;ike it a bit smoother. i've seen too many locally and in threads of people re-building worlds motors and v-specs to even have any os's on my future lists, true you may get a good one but ther is always the bad ones.
same holds true of any engine really... there are only like 3-4 main engine manufacturers world wide that produce all engines for all the designers... I have never personally had an issue with any of the OS engines I have ever owned. heck I have even bought em used and gotten more out of them than some of the others... of course that is just my experience, others I am sure will feel differently... You read alot about people having issues with Axial engines, my .32 has been one of the easiest to tune, and solid performers as another example... The Losi 454 that came with my 8ight-T 2.0 which is made by GRP or LRP or something like that has been a PITA to get broken in and to hold a descent tune and it is supposed to be a descent italian engine...

thing to remeber is that these are production line items, and no 2 are exactly the same... you will always have to take that into consideration... the upside to the pricier motors is the company support behind them...
Old 07-24-2009, 11:37 PM
lowslow

The Rossi 21-4 has been a good motor for me, it has a very smooth power band if you pair it up with a mid range pipe.
Old 07-25-2009, 02:14 AM
xjqkz

ORIGINAL: j_blaze

+1
Old 07-25-2009, 04:32 AM
shaneoc

what about the ninja jx21? .. i know they are made by os and have a bit more power than a v-spec/
Old 07-26-2009, 01:21 AM
McFly505

ORIGINAL: djzachtyler

The Losi 454 that came with my 8ight-T 2.0 which is made by GRP or LRP or something like that has been a PITA to get broken in and to hold a descent tune and it is supposed to be a descent italian engine...
The Losi, Dynamite and LRP engines are made by SH engines, not GRP.

I'll secong the PITA break-in....

The Losi 350 on my Son's 8B 2.0 RTR has been a monster to break in.
Around half a gallon and it still has TIGHT mechanical pinch.

Seems to be getting better every time we fire it up, run time is around 7-8 minutes with the RTR pipe.

IMO, not too bad for an RTR motor.
Parts are cheap, too.

Works well for my Son, if I can just get him to double-single and stay off of his lid..............

Old 07-28-2009, 11:08 AM
khudzik

Check this deal out, tuned GRP .21 with a full round of rubber free:
http://www.overdriverc.com/proddetai...VDOF21B&cat=27

Old 07-28-2009, 06:31 PM
mabuecker
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: shaneoc

Ive been doin some research into good .21 engines for my hyper 8 .. ive narrowed it down to
-RB C6BBT L2G
-Rb WS9
-O.S. Speed .21 VZ-B V-Spec II 08/09 Worlds Ed.

I usually run on small to medium tracks so i would guess im looking for good bottom end, so which one do you guys think is the best, and i know this is just goin to open a BIG CAN OF WORMS!! lol also if anybody has any other suggestions please let me know?
from your list i would go c6. likely get the most gallons and better luck. just wondering is this your 1st high end engine. if so id probabaly go with somthing a little more run of the mill. like a jx 21. any the above you will more than pleased to say the least
Old 07-28-2009, 08:35 PM
HawkChalk

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ipe-Turbo-Plug
Old 07-29-2009, 06:55 PM
kman43

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$