Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

3rd throttle servo burnt out.

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 06:11 PM
xonikcocker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 3rd throttle servo burnt out.

I don't understand. My original throttle servo on my 8ight 2.0 worked fine for about a week and a half then it died on me, so I took my old steering servo and put it in there. That lasted 2 times at the track. Now, I went out and bought a brand new servo and it lasted me about 3 days. I have set my throttle servo endpoints correctly every single time. And every servo I replace I double and triple check the EPA. The thing in common with all my problems is that all of the servos were JR...

What am I doing wrong here?! This is so frustrating!
Old 08-04-2009, 08:09 PM
j_blaze

Default RE: 3rd throttle servo burnt out.

i heard on the 2.0 they stiffened the radio tray but i would still take out the rear tray screw. some of the guys here have done that and had no servo issues yet.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:16 PM
INTEGRA

DO NOT REMOVE the rear screw...this will lead to breaking off the battery compartment on an extreme chassis flex.....there's many of reason's a servo can burn out....EPA's are only part of it......xonikcocker have an experienced Losi guys set-up the next servo....and DO NOT skimp and buy a cheep RTR servo...shell out the 100$ and be DONE with it already....the $$ you spend on Cheap servo's could have bought you a bomb proof Hitec 7955.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:08 AM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

like Integra said HiTec, HiTec, HITEC... did I mention HiTec? they have a lifetime warranty so you cannot go wrong!
Old 08-05-2009, 09:31 AM
xonikcocker

I guess that was my problem. I kept buying cheap servos. I just thought that if I set the EPA correctly then there would be no reason for it to fail. Oh well...
Old 08-05-2009, 12:11 PM
djzachtyler
My Feedback: (4)

well as the age old addage goes... "You get what you pay for" especially in RC stuff sometimes...
Old 08-05-2009, 08:55 PM
rccheech

I recently had an expensive servo fail on me but it got drenched in a pretty good puddle at the track.... guess it was my own fault though, I was practicing before the race the day after a big rainstorm before all the water dried up, the servo lasted almost a year. Spend the money on a good servo and forget it.
Old 08-07-2009, 11:38 AM
haasjj

Yep I agree I'm still on my original JR servo in my Losi 8t, not a cheap one either. There are ways and times to save money servo's in race trucks is not a way to save money.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:22 PM
smaxx311

i got futaba 23305s and theyve never failed on meive broke em but they still work...
Old 08-07-2009, 04:14 PM
INTEGRA

ORIGINAL: smaxx311

i got futaba 23305s and theyve never failed on meive broke em but they still work...

[sm=confused.gif]