Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Hobao Hyper 8.5X Steering Servo

Old 08-26-2009, 05:22 AM
wrxsti2212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hobao Hyper 8.5X Steering Servo

Ok first off as first i read the post on what servo's to buy but that was mostly about throttle servos and im new to the forum let alone the rc world, i used to be into it when i was around 13 ish i had a t-maxx but then it got stolen and as akid i didnt have enough money to buy a new one, now im 21 in okinawa japan and in the marine corps, recently bought me a hyper 8.5x rtr but today i was being the amazing person i am and kinda found a curb now my steering servo feels like its just grinding the sprocket or whatever is in there thus preventing it from steering, there is a very defined clicking noise when it trys to turn, didnt know if im just being retarded or what but some insight would be great and sugjestions for a new steering servo appreciate your time and replies.

Garrett
Old 08-26-2009, 08:43 PM
Harvz

Default RE: Hobao Hyper 8.5X Steering Servo

It is likely the gears inside was stripped. Usually the servos that comes with RTR has a plastic gears and they strip pretty easy especially for the steering. So, you definitely going to need a new one.
There is a lot of good servo you can choose, but it depends on how much you wan to spend. If you are just bashing I suggest you just get a servo with just a decent speed, torque and with a metal gears.
Someone here might recommend a servo for you.
Old 08-26-2009, 10:59 PM
wrxsti2212

Default RE: Hobao Hyper 8.5X Steering Servo

money is definatly not a problem i dont have much else to spend it on out here other then alcohol and i dont drink much so i could drop a grand if i really wanted to but i was looking into racing just gotta find a track around here, i know there is some but its a matter of finding them haha but any sugjestions would be greatly appreciated and thanks for letting me know, i figured it was stripped would just rather double check.

Garrett