Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

best motor for Losi 8ight buggy??

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 09:53 PM
big_poppa49

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default best motor for Losi 8ight buggy??

What is a good performance motor for the Losi 8ight buggy?? Price range of $0-$250
Old 09-17-2009, 11:39 PM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: best motor for Losi 8ight buggy??

There are lots.. Look at www.amainhobbies.com under 21 engines, and read around.. Read the comments..

In that price range you can get a Jammin JPX 21(powerhouse..), any of the Go engines, the new Sirio B5 looks promising, etc.. There are a lot of good options.. Me personally, I would get a Go 21 5-port - the new one in kit form that comes with a 2072 pipe, extra con-rod, plug, etc... Great package deal..
Old 09-18-2009, 12:03 AM
McFly505

For the $$$, I was really impressed with the Mach 2 motor.

I saw a guy go 10+ minutes on a tank in race pace.

The Losi 350 engine, as well as the Dynamite Platinum XP are worth looking into.

Novarossi N21BF can be had for around $150, as well.

Lots more choices in the sub-$200 range as of late.

30 different engines on A Mains site for less than $260.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:09 AM
HerrSavage

You mean the .26 engine? I ran a Mach 427 in a buggy race last year, and anything over a 21 is illegal here.. Was awesome though..
In truggy with a Mach 427 I get 10 minutes easy.. And power-a-plenty... The Mach 2 is just the same thing, right, with a red head?? Have heard these Losi carbs though aren't all that great.. But yes, a Losi 350 for such a great price is worth a look for somebody just getting into buggy racing and on a budget(better to fry a cheap Losi 350 than something more expensive as a first engine..) Can have one for less than 200 bucks probably, including pipe and a few plugs... (Spend the rest on tires.. ) And if you are allowed to run engines bigger than a 21, the Mach is very VERY good for the price.. Also check out www.losipartshouse.com for decent engine prices... Tower too ..(tower has crazy rebates..)
Old 09-18-2009, 09:18 AM
Snaut Rocket

ORIGINAL: HerrSavage

There are lots.. Look at www.amainhobbies.com under 21 engines, and read around.. Read the comments..

In that price range you can get a Jammin JPX 21(powerhouse..), any of the Go engines, the new Sirio B5 looks promising, etc.. There are a lot of good options.. Me personally, I would get a Go 21 5-port - the new one in kit form that comes with a 2072 pipe, extra con-rod, plug, etc... Great package deal..
where can i get the new go engine that comes in kit form and with the 2072 pipe?
Old 09-18-2009, 09:28 AM
HerrSavage

In the US, I don't know.. It's available in the UK and Europe though..