Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Brushless conversion for OLD MP-6 inferno ?

Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Brushless conversion for OLD MP-6 inferno ?

Old 10-19-2009, 12:37 AM
Scott Schneider

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brushless conversion for OLD MP-6 inferno ?

Old RC car guy here .... Went and raced slash trucks this weekend after being away for 10 years or so, and while fun .... was really jazzed watching the converted 1/8 scale buggies with wedge bodies on the banked dirt oval !!

** My question is based around an 1/8 scale buggy I do own, a Koyosho Inferno MP-6 ** I am so done with nitro power !!

Are there conversions to go brushless electric for this old a buggy ?
If so who has some info about doing so ?
Old 10-19-2009, 10:13 AM
rclynx

Default RE: Brushless conversion for OLD MP-6 inferno ?

ORIGINAL: Scott Schneider

Old RC car guy here .... Went and raced slash trucks this weekend after being away for 10 years or so, and while fun .... was really jazzed watching the converted 1/8 scale buggies with wedge bodies on the banked dirt oval !!

** My question is based around an 1/8 scale buggy I do own, a Koyosho Inferno MP-6 ** I am so done with nitro power !!

Are there conversions to go brushless electric for this old a buggy ?
If so who has some info about doing so ?
Hey Scott

I'm and old electric guy turned Nitro but years have gone by since all that took place. I just wanted to kick this over your way so you don't waste a lot of time and money on kits and so on. Its pretty easy to convert to brushless from nitro. You can make your own motor brackets out of channel aluminum and just research the different applications for the motor and ESC. If your into computors at all the Castle Creations make life easy and have a lot to offer but its just like everything else, just my opinion. They are my choice for my customers and very little problem. All my old electrics were LRP and I hear there still very good also. There are also some very good electric kits on the market, more kits for them than Nitro now days. Good luck with your new venture and HAPPY RC'en
Old 10-19-2009, 10:47 AM
kojak61

Your best bet is to make your own. There have been 6 different Kyosho buggies since the MP6. You can't even get spare parts for that buggy.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:01 AM
Scott Schneider

ORIGINAL: kojak61

Your best bet is to make your own. There have been 6 different Kyosho buggies since the MP6. You can't even get spare parts for that buggy.
No parts support any more either .... that sucks, one hard end over end with a broken bearing carrier and it's all a big waste !!