Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

Was wandering what car this frame is from. Any ideas?

Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

Was wandering what car this frame is from. Any ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 12:24 AM
Gunner75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Was wandering what car this frame is from. Any ideas?

Can anyone identify this chassis? I cant find any identifiable marks on the frame. The only thing i can find is HPI on the engine. What car is this frame from? The engine is definatly seized up. The shaft turns but the piston does not lift. This frame was included in a box of parts with a ful GSRacing Unlimited Monster Truck i purchased all of it for 10 bucks. This frame is also a 2wd frame so im assuming its from a buddy of some sort thats made for speed. since its very light weght. prolly weighs a total of 2 lbs the way it is. any ideas are appriciated.

Old 01-05-2010, 01:40 AM
jmaxey51

Default RE: Was wandering what car this frame is from. Any ideas?

looks like an HPI Rush. it was my first RC car and i still have one somewhere laying around still.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:19 AM
Kowitz

I also agree with hpi Rush.

Old 01-05-2010, 05:07 PM
Gunner75

I stopped by a LHS today and asked if they carried any parts for this frame and they said they didnt and couldnt get any cause no one makes parts for that particular buggy. He even called HPI and asked if they still made parts that would bolt up to that frame and they said no because the Rush was a limited run model and didnt sell very well so they decided to discontinue it. so basically im just gonna see if i can sell this frame
Old 01-05-2010, 05:52 PM
jmaxey51

look on towerhobbies.com last i checked they still had parts for them. and also about 5 months ago hobby town usa was able to order parts for mine i got mine back running and the slipper clutch went out and i just didnt think it was worth getting another slipper clutch because i would never use it since im racing 1/8th scale now.