Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

hyper 7 - super good ||| hyper .21 not so good

Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

hyper 7 - super good ||| hyper .21 not so good

Old 03-21-2010, 08:27 AM
aci155

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hyper 7 - super good ||| hyper .21 not so good

just wanna express my dissatisfaction about the hyper's engine ..I went through almost 1 gallon and it lost all its compression :@ don't know what t do the car is a month old ..wanna get into racing but with the not so amazing hyper 7 in racing and such an engine i'm desperate. just to mention that the engine absolutely rips,but can stay for a second alive in idle condition
Old 03-21-2010, 10:49 AM
ALL RIDER

Default RE: hyper 7 - super good ||| hyper .21 not so good

check your cllutch shoes or spring
Old 03-21-2010, 11:00 AM
aci155

why? the clutch shoes are worn and wheels slip a bit but what it has to do with compression?
Old 03-21-2010, 12:03 PM
jmaxey51

most engine will loose compression after one gallon. most of the time it gets better. i have engines that you can turn it over extremely easy with the glow plug in. but the hyper 21 engine i had made it like 4 gallons before it would hardly run anymore. but for your buck i would look at the the werks B3 or B5 also the O'donnell super sport 21 are great too. the jammin JPX 21 is great and very easy to tune, i love mine but they are not beginner engines IMO they are so fast and they are hard to control most of the time. i had to setup my bottom end extremely rich to tame the beast down.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:59 PM
Shabbernigdo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your engines lose compression after one gallon your doin somthing wrong or there is a mechanical flaw that caused it IE poor quality metals / fractures / flaws.

Old 03-21-2010, 03:33 PM
ALL RIDER

I thought you said it was running great just wouldn''y stay running at idle my bad good luck
Old 03-21-2010, 06:18 PM
xjqkz

it sounds more like a tuning issue than anything...but then again you can't expect much out of the rtr engines....
Old 03-21-2010, 06:37 PM
thef@st1

there is nothing wrong with most rtr engines. its almost all the time inexperienced drivers. ot saying that you are at all. ive had a force .26 for 8 years and still have the original sleeve and piston. the thing is still my fastest rc. sounds like a flaw like another guy said, sand in the engine. do you clean your filter often. or just a bad tune job. hope you have better luck next time.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:35 PM
The_Shark

i have a force that did that- tore it down and it still looks fine? checked carb for leaks ext, got it second hand and it was odd from day one.

i have a JPX .21 that maybe has a gallon through it, its a little easy to turn over, but it idles perfect and supplies just a incredible amount of power.

it sounds like tune, richen up your HS so you have a good trail of smoke, then adjust your idle, then richen up your LS so when its warmed up, pinching the line it gives you 2-3 seconds before it dies, re-adjust the idle.

you might have a poor seal on the glow plug or on the head gasket(s) too.
Old 03-22-2010, 11:58 AM
aci155

found the prob guys. there was dirt under the copper ring and when i screw the spark it didn't seal probably,,Also i can observe some dirt particles on the center of my piston should i go to my LHS to clean the whole engine for me or just unscrew the cooling head and clean the piston?  lol i would love to go my lhs ,i wasn't doing so well with the guy that owns it lately, basically since i bought my h7 online for 250euro instead of giving 450 for a GS CL-1 that he sells .when he noticed that my engine was suffering from luck of compression , god he was so ironic with his words..anws hope i didn't get too boring:P
Old 03-22-2010, 02:25 PM
Shabbernigdo

ORIGINAL: aci155

found the prob guys. there was dirt under the copper ring and when i screw the spark it didn't seal probably,,Also i can observe some dirt particles on the center of my piston should i go to my LHS to clean the whole engine for me or just unscrew the cooling head and clean the piston? lol i would love to go my lhs ,i wasn't doing so well with the guy that owns it lately, basically since i bought my h7 online for 250euro instead of giving 450 for a GS CL-1 that he sells .when he noticed that my engine was suffering from luck of compression , god he was so ironic with his words..anws hope i didn't get too boring:P

It depends on how much dirt has entered the engine. if some has just fallen through the glow plug hole at the top then you should be fine with just removing the heat sink and using some wd40 to clean it out.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:52 PM
aci155

thank u shabber
Old 03-22-2010, 02:59 PM
jmaxey51

i always use nitro fuel to clean it out. i have left the zip-tie off the air filter twice, sorry dad lol, and it sucked some dirt and just took it apart and pored fuel it. that was 2 gallons ago so it seems to work fine. the engine is still a wild animal. (JPX 21)
Old 03-22-2010, 04:05 PM
aci155

nc tip
Old 03-22-2010, 07:23 PM
The_Shark

i usually use nitro clean to clean my engine, remove it from the chassis, remove the head, and the back plate, use the straw to blast up towards the piston (from the back plate up), then blast through the carb and then soak the connecting rod. use lots and lots of after run oil all inside the engine (bearings, connecting rod, wrist pin, carb, cylinder wall) . reassemble and take off.

knock on wood (big knock) i have never had a engine fail when i get a engine in good working order.
Old 03-24-2010, 12:00 PM
aci155

found another prob. the air filter was too oily , i cleaned it with fuel and now seems pretty nice..engine is working good after the 5 mins warm up,  i will test it fully tomorrow. hope is ok because i'm racing tomorrow for the first time..any tips?

Old 03-24-2010, 10:17 PM
johndavis

inner oil filter is suposed to have air filter oil soaked in it.  if you run without it  it might get dirt through the carb
Old 03-24-2010, 10:19 PM
johndavis

inner air filter
Old 03-25-2010, 03:27 AM
aci155

i knw but it had too much oil on it ,it didn't allow much air to get in