Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC 1/8th Scale Buggies
Reload this Page >

New clutch..but not really working :/

Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

New clutch..but not really working :/

Old 04-08-2010, 05:55 AM
aci155

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New clutch..but not really working :/

i installed for the first time clutch on my own nice experience really loved it. anws i installed the max life clutch shoes with nearly new springs that i had . when i lift the car the wheels still turn in idle speed. also i changed the ofna bell for a new vented one but i dont thing this is the source of the problem. what could the problem be?
Old 04-08-2010, 06:44 AM
kojak61

Default RE: New clutch..but not really working :/

Is the engine idle to high? The springs could be too soft. You said they were used, how much time is on them? Are they 1.0, 1.1, or .9 springs? There are a lot of things that could be the issue or a combination. What engine?
Old 04-08-2010, 07:21 AM
aci155

stock engine. hyper .21 3 port (2 months alive now and already lost compression especially after the 5 min running mark) anw the idle seem very good to me . i try unscrewing it and the engine stops before the wheels stop spinning. i will try some new springs probably
Old 04-08-2010, 08:46 AM
The_Shark

if the wheels turn very slow you should be fine. if your idle is good too, just use harder springs.

also make sure your bell has a little bit of front/back play, if its pressed a bit, it will try to spin with the shaft.
Old 04-09-2010, 12:58 PM
Ardusv

Was it working like this before you changed the clutch? If so it may not be the clutch. It may be the transmission or one of the dog bones. It can be a lot of things. If you have one wheel not biting the ground it can do this. It will crawl along the track instead of zip across it. The diffd will transfer power to the wheel with the least grip. So if you have a broken hub or a pin missing from your dog bone you will have this same effect.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:49 PM
aci155

the effect was in all wheels
Old 04-09-2010, 03:13 PM
Ardusv

Oh I misunderstood the question. I thought when you throttled up it would barely move. I am sorry. Most people adjust their throttle till the clutch does this. They believe it allows you to take off faster from a dead stop and accelerate faster out of a corner. I can tell you it does not. However, after looking at your posts more closely I see you can not adjust the engine to stop this behavior before the engine shuts off. I would make sure the stop for the slide is adjusted correctly and then adjust the idle with the lower needle. If this does not work then you will most likely need to replace the springs. I can tell you though that if it sits still on the track and you do not idle the car excessively then the way it is set will be fine. The pads will last a long time, but you will get a worse lean bog when you take off.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:35 PM
xjqkz

Turn your LSN needle counter clock wise by a couple of hours see if that brings your idle down. Its either a tuning issue or you need some new harder springs.
Old 04-10-2010, 10:02 AM
tommygun32

No offence ACI....(just want to make sure you haven't installed the shoes incorrectly) but could you post a close up picture of the installed clutch shoes with the bell on and the bell off? This will help us to determine if it's a clutch prob or a tuning issue.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:55 PM
aci155

no prob i would do it tomorrow though because right now is night and i'm about to go down town with friends..today i was at the track and while i was driving it just didn't feel right. a strange noise comes from the bell..it is a suprice , probably are the almost new bearings :S why to me?

Old 04-16-2010, 09:47 AM
aci155

[img]file:///F:/DCIM/100MSDCF/DSC00145.JPG[/img]
Old 04-16-2010, 09:58 AM
aci155

[img]file:///C:/Users/XRISTA%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-1.png[/img][img]file:///C:/Users/XRISTA%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-2.png[/img][img]file:///C:/Users/XRISTA%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-3.png[/img][img]file:///C:/Users/XRISTA%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-4.png[/img][img]file:///C:/Users/XRISTA%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-5.png[/img][img]file:///C:/Users/XRISTA%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-6.png[/img][img]file:///C:/Users/XRISTA%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-7.png[/img][img]file:///C:/Users/XRISTA%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-8.png[/img][img]file:///C:/Users/XRISTA%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-9.png[/img][img]file:///C:/Users/XRISTA%7E1/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot-10.png[/img]how can i insert photos?
Old 04-16-2010, 12:33 PM
tommygun32

Hit the 'reply' button, once your page comes up, just under the typing field are two options to click. One reads "BETA: Multi-File Upload with Progress Bar" and the other reads "Click here to upload images and files".

JPEG works fine.
Old 04-16-2010, 12:51 PM
papy_yosh

When you are replying, there is a image icon next to the smiley. click on that to add you picture...
Old 04-16-2010, 01:09 PM
aci155

u can see the marks on the shoes, the hit the bell badly . the inside of the bell proves that,
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	By76369.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	1419062   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk31099.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	64.8 KB
ID:	1419063   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lq38943.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	1419064   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wq43570.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	1419065   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lc47323.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	1419066  
Old 04-16-2010, 04:20 PM
papy_yosh

I'm probably wrong,. But I thought the springs were facing out, not in on clutches?!

Old 04-17-2010, 12:07 AM
aci155

they are facing in, as they should