Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

ofna lx1

Old 04-24-2010, 07:01 PM
robbiesmechanic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ofna lx1

i was going to get a short course truck but i think im going to get a lx1 instead. not sure about electric so i think the lx1 would be a good nitro buggy to start with any suggestions instead but around the same price range as the lx1?
Old 04-24-2010, 07:04 PM
robbiesmechanic

Default RE: ofna lx1

i can get that buggy rtr for around $250 with tax new
Old 04-24-2010, 08:03 PM
ELMOBSTER
My Feedback: (5)

that was my first buggy,,,all i have to say ,,,it is one tough buggy,,put a new steering servo in it ,,, the stock on isn't any good, i ran the total snot out of this thing and it never quit,,,i have made some big jumps and crashed and never broke a thing,,i think you will like your choice
Old 04-26-2010, 05:12 PM
digi16v

This was my first buggy too. it can take a beating. you will like your choice. but you must change that steering servo for it is super weak. and you need to change the diff oil to something thicker. other then that it should run forever.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:35 PM
mrsheldon

Me too. That was the first buggy i owned and she was tough I bought her used and the drive train handled every engine i put in her. When every i got a new motor i would test it in the bug.Great buy for first buggy or what ever. race it or bash it.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	So42943.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	1427182  
Old 04-29-2010, 10:40 PM
robbiesmechanic

so is there any mods i need to do asap or is it good like it is? i hear the engine is more than enough power for this buggy. maybe shocks or a new wing or tires or a cooling head for the engine or maybe a new servo? whats first?
Old 04-30-2010, 07:35 AM
ELMOBSTER
My Feedback: (5)

steering servo is what you will need to change first,,,the head is fine and the wing is fine,,if you plan on running at a track you will need some good tires,,if you plan on bashing then get some badlands,,they make this thing RIP!!! through the short grass
Old 04-30-2010, 07:50 AM
mrsheldon

The only thing that went wrong with the lx1was the servo's.First the steering servo went! So I went with hitecs metal gear on ST and TH.If your a basher I would plasti dip them.If you get bored with it turn it into a short course truck . There all based on buggies anyway.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:43 PM
mazpr

I am not sure but I think this is the buggy that does not have a rear brace, I had a similar Ofna and when jumping it landed on its wing and bent the chassis.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:09 PM
worstluck

the old nitro version had a metal plate for a brace that connected the rear diffcase with the battery box. the new electric has a turnbuckle style rod for a rear brace.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:11 PM
mazpr

The rear metal brace in the Nitro version is mega ghetto, totally useless.

I had to buy sets of that thing, LX1 is trash, but as long as you dont make it jump and have a sizzy engine so it does not all crazy then it is good.

A good beater RC nowadays during this economy, grab the Sportwerks mayhem or the Turmoil, if you play you cards right can get your hands in a "discontinued" arr or rtr.

The other version is the ST version.

Plenty of parts online, stock up just in case.

I had the LX1 as long as I did not jump it it was ok, the engines are a headache, the notorious useless Ofna Force .25, BUT the .28 is not bad for a basher usually found on the Ravager.

Well, changing subject, jump into a Ravager as a basher buggy, awesome, worth every penny!

Note: Not spam, Turmoil Mayhem
Old 05-01-2010, 10:26 PM
johndavis

i got a lx1  with the 28    it run like crap on the 20% fuel  but it runs great with 25%.   this is just my starting buggy im going to race it   when i get better  im going to get a mugen buggy.    might go brushless buggy.   the weight of the lx1  is the biggest drawback to being a racer  and acording to roar rules the 28 is not legal.     
Old 05-05-2010, 07:17 PM
robbiesmechanic

i just ordered my new lx1. should be here around the 15th. cant wait to open the box.... i heard there is nothing like opening the box with your new rc in it.