Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

D8, Z01-b Team, or RC8 FT ????

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 07:53 PM
skinggg845

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default D8, Z01-b Team, or RC8 FT ????

I have my choice of the 3 buggies listed above, and can not make up my mind. Can you all please give me some positives and negatives of each? Thanks in advance for the help. I am going to be racing locally, so I need something that is competitive. I would rather get the most competitive out of the box, and not have to spend a small fortune on hop-ups.

Thanks!
Old 05-25-2010, 12:09 AM
jmaxey51

Default RE: D8, Z01-b Team, or RC8 FT ????

ORIGINAL: skinggg845

I have my choice of the 3 buggies listed above, and can not make up my mind. Can you all please give me some positives and negatives of each? Thanks in advance for the help. I am going to be racing locally, so I need something that is competitive. I would rather get the most competitive out of the box, and not have to spend a small fortune on hop-ups.

Thanks!
i own the Odonnell Z01B and HB D8 and almost bought a RC8B and by far the D8 is the best, reliable, easy to drive and extremely easy to setup. i love my d8 its an amazing buggy, way tougher than i ever thought it would be. i have never had a buggy i didnt have to fight setup for a little while to have it to my likings, i put the basic setup with just a diff oil change and its perfect!! the OD is awesome too but struggling with tractions some (the new one that should be available to the public in june is WAY BETTER!!). also i had to do mods to it to finish a race. the diff case screws are pulling out and also the front hub carriers stripped out while putting the kit together, that was way to easy, had to do another mod right there. also i drove ALOT of RC8Bs and they are pretty solid buggys but at high speed they seem a little unstable if there is a few bumps but other than that i have no complaints with them. but the if i had to pick i would go with HB D8 without thinking twice, price is great also. but personally i think i would be happy with the RC8B also. im happy with the OD too but i didnt like doing mods to it and it turns so good, some of the time to good. but like i said if you decide to go with OD wait till the end of june and get the Z01B SG, its a million times better, and they have fixed the problems they had with the 2-in-1 kit, also dont buy the 2-in-1 and expect to put the update kit on it and have an SG, the SG has nothing the same as the update kit does except rear arms.

hope this helps with your decision some.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:12 AM
jmaxey51

oh yeah on hop-ups the HB D8 needs ZERO HOP-UPS!! except for the 7 dollar aluminum servo horn for steering. i run my D8T and D8 box stock with just the aluminum servo horn and have yet broke one part and have yet to finish outside of the top 3 since i switched to HB. and have raced them about 10+ times so far and every week i get faster with them. and also i havent broken one part on the buggy but did have one bearing fail on my truggy.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:19 AM
JsK

The anwser is.... What is the most common car at your track? When your just starting out its
alot easier to run with the herd so to speak. Setups, sharing parts, are all big pluses when your
trying to get started.

Beyond that I would have to say the RC8B. I am biased of course but there a solid car that
is very competetive if you do your part. To my kit I have added a option set of front springs
and a different set of shock pistons so its definetly not a money pit.

In your original title you said RC8 FT. I would not consider one of these older kit unless you
could get it REALLY cheap as it cost quite a bit to bring it up to the RC8B standards. The new
car is a whole different animal than the original RC8 FT.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:01 AM
infernos777

HB D8, or RC8B. The O'Donnell car, and parts support, and team, is an absolute joke. What a miserable fail of a vehicle, sorry but true.

The RC8B is actually a lot better than the first car, which also sucked big time.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:33 AM
jmaxey51

ORIGINAL: infernos777

The O'Donnell car, and parts support, and team, is an absolute joke. What a miserable fail of a vehicle, sorry but true.
wow i cant believe you said that because you a complete WRONG in every way possible, you the exact opposite of the truth. the OD support and team is the best i have ever seen, extremely helpful and everything you can imagine. sure they arent up front at national but they do back their product and are willing to go out of their way to help someone. Steve O'donnell himself has called me because i posted a question on another forum and he sent me a PM asking for my number and with-in 25 min i got a call from him, he gave me his office and cell number and said "you can call me at anytime and if i dont answer leave a message and ill return your call with-in 12 hours." also i had a bad part in my kit (an extra part from the 2-in-1) and he told me just to send it in and he will send me a new part for no charge to me. and he has also overnighted parts to many people because they couldnt find one on the internet so he got their address and it was at the door the next day. he is like this even if the person bought one used!!!!!