Community
Search
Notices
RC 1/8th Scale Buggies Discuss the ever popular category of 1/8th scale rc buggies in this forum!

why wont it sell?!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2010, 09:51 AM
Ryan in SD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why wont it sell?!

I dont get it, do people not know how good these things are?I've had one guy make an offer then never respond back. One!

edit
http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemID=668459

Old 09-03-2010, 12:03 PM
bigdogkanicsar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: why wont it sell?!

there is nothing there in the link you posted
Old 09-03-2010, 12:15 PM
K_B

Regarless of what it is, the economy sucks. People don't have hardly any discretionary income. Nothing is selling well.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:28 PM
bigdogkanicsar

ORIGINAL: K_B

Regarless of what it is, the economy sucks. People don't have hardly any discretionary income. Nothing is selling well.
aint that the truth!
Old 09-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Ryan in SD

Yeah, this sucks, I got a ton of stuff for sale and for the first time ever its really tuff to find anyone wanting to buy anything.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:26 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i have made lots of trades, and bought lots of used RC's off RCU.
i have only bought 3 used nitros, and 2 of them were nothing but headaches. nearly all the electrics i have bought/traded for worked great. so i shy away from used nitros now.
it does seem you are asking a fair price tho. but as mentioned before, poor economy.

also, the RCU marketplace is busier in the spring/early summer. buying/selling or RC's slows when coolder weather is coming.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:12 PM
bigdogkanicsar

ebay it and start your bidding at 175$ and list it for 7 days and you'll get more than what you are asking.

i wish ihad known before i spent what i did on the buggy i'm reviving right now.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:35 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

agree with the 2 above
price looks ok, BUT most people already have their buggies for the season and your nearing its end. Now if it was getting close to spring that would probably sell in a day or 2. Now till December is the time I like to pick up used nitro RC's cause this is when you get them cheap

Spring you would probably get at least $225 on ebay, people over pay on stuff there ALOT. I've seen a XL-5 Stampede with a broken ESC and motor sell for $140 once. The body was beat up and it was all stock...
Seen a Savage .25 roller sell for $240(without tires or body), won a Savage .25 a day later for $115 with a good engine, 2 bodies, tires, and a brand new $75 servo
Sad thing is I bet you sell it faster for $175 on ebay as a roller if you take the motor, and all the electronics out.

BTW other reason it is probably not selling is it seems people are hesitant to trust the market place with the horror stories that have been happening recently with scammers and the likes.
Old 09-03-2010, 11:46 PM
lords

ORIGINAL: K_B

amen ....
bingo...

and it looked like you were having fun with it judging by the way the back tires look....
that a 2 speed?
Old 09-04-2010, 05:17 AM
joeyhatch11

I was trying to sell a 500 Heli that I had over $650 into, for $325 shipped and paypaled. It sat on 2 different forums for 3 weeks. Even with an offer like that all I got were offers for trades. Because I was only expecting to use the money for a 1/8 brushless buggy I didn't care much. Finally got an offer for a Associated rc8 with an LRP SPX8 system. But lots of views but no bits on a buy. People just dont have the money. I couldn't buy a brushless 1/8 buggy without selling my 500 heli first, simply couldn't afford it. Even now that I have it I need more lipos and I'm having a hard time coming up with those funds. Probably has to do with the fact that I'm getting married in three weeks but that's a different story HAHAHAHA

If I was looking to get back into nitro and had $175 to help you out, I'd buy it. But good luck with the sale.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:47 PM
Ryan in SD

Thanks for the tips guys, I live in socal, didnt even think about "seasons" lol.
Old 09-05-2010, 02:54 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

Cause Im broke
Old 09-05-2010, 04:54 PM
1320Fastback

ORIGINAL: Ryan in SD

Thanks for the tips guys, I live in socal, didnt even think about ''seasons'' lol.

You know we have summer and winter; winter is just like summer but not quite as hot.

Am in Oceanside BTW with the same buggy
Old 09-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Tom76

Personally, I think it would be more likely to sell if it was cleaned up too!
Old 09-05-2010, 11:23 PM
JsK

Well you have 0 Trader Rating and only 5 posts. People dont like to send money into
thin air so your prob going to have better luck with CraigsList. Just like Ebay you have to
build your first few + feedbacks with purchases.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:06 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: JsK

Well you have 0 Trader Rating and only 5 posts. People dont like to send money into
thin air so your prob going to have better luck with CraigsList. Just like Ebay you have to
build your first few + feedbacks with purchases.
true people don't feel safe sending money to new accounts
Actually I got my 1st battery charger off ebay new for $15(towers price was $70) off a guy with 5 feedback that was just starting to sell RC stuff a while back.