RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC 1/8th Scale Buggies (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-1-8th-scale-buggies-244/)
-   -   HPI Vorza Flux HP (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-1-8th-scale-buggies-244/10446299-hpi-vorza-flux-hp.html)

golfandcards 04-06-2011 04:25 AM

HPI Vorza Flux HP

Getting my Vorza in soon! Can't Wait! The ESC and Motor Iguess is the same as the Mamba Monster. The manual says it must use a minimum of a 25c lipo. I am ordering some 25c 11.1 lipos soon. Ihave two Venom 3cell 11.1v 20c lipos. Would this damage my ESC if Iused them while Iwaited on the new lipos to come in? Its going to be hard for me to hold back. Imean this has to be more power than putting double 2 cell 7.4v 25c lipos would it? I have read only one other post in RC universe of someone using 20c lipos and he said he didn't have any problems. Ijust want to know if anyone knows for sure. Idon't want to damage the ESC or Motor at all.

Thanks
Chris

formula87 04-06-2011 07:04 AM

RE: HPI Vorza Flux HP

ORIGINAL: golfandcards

Getting my Vorza in soon! Can't Wait! The ESC and Motor Iguess is the same as the Mamba Monster. The manual says it must use a minimum of a 25c lipo. I am ordering some 25c 11.1 lipos soon. Ihave two Venom 3cell 11.1v 20c lipos. Would this damage my ESC if Iused them while Iwaited on the new lipos to come in? Its going to be hard for me to hold back. Imean this has to be more power than putting double 2 cell 7.4v 25c lipos would it? I have read only one other post in RC universe of someone using 20c lipos and he said he didn't have any problems. Ijust want to know if anyone knows for sure. Idon't want to damage the ESC or Motor at all.

Thanks
Chris

Those lipos will not damage the ESC you just need more then 20c to get the perf out of the Flux torq system. I had one also and it was unbreakable. I ran (2) 30c 5200mah 7.4vTurnigy lipos from HK in mine and they worked great. Yes the Flux Torq system is a rebadged Mamba Monster. Great buggie a bit heavy for racing but great all around.

golfandcards 04-06-2011 07:26 AM

thanks bro! what's the perf you are talking about ? sorry Iam new to this.

You think it could hang at all at the races???? is that weight problem that bad?

formula87 04-06-2011 08:37 AM

thanks bro! what's the perf you are talking about ? sorry Iam new to this.

You think it could hang at all at the races???? is that weight problem that bad?

If you are going to bash and race sometimes then it is okay. A lot of people race it and win it is a good sturdy reliable platform... some like a kit becuase not every one wants a Mamba or the stock servos or stock controller.A kit allows you to build the car the way you want it. What are you going to use it for? Is there a LHS near you? you may see what they stock, which buggy is popular at the track..... cause that is where you will have the best knowldge base for upgrades and adviceand the best parts supply. Have you checked out AE or Losi or Caster or Kyosho? Good luck.

golfandcards 04-06-2011 08:41 AM

Ih<span style="font-size: larger;"><span style="font-family: Arial;">ave looked at all those other brands. I am kind of newer in the industry so Ididn't want to build my own kit just yet. Ireally like the mamba and Iwant to use this for racing. My buddy and Iare getting pretty good at the track here in town and we want to start racing. This is supported by my LHS. They says its one of the best ready to run systems. I know kits are better but for the money Idon't want to get anything else. Thanks for all your help though.

What did you mean when you said I wouldn't get all the "perf" out of the mamba in your first response? were you just talking about th<span>e preferred </span>power or something &gt;?</span></span>

thanks again for the advice

formula87 04-06-2011 08:46 AM

Ih<span style="font-size: larger"><span style="font-family: Arial">ave looked at all those other brands. I am kind of newer in the industry so Ididn't want to build my own kit just yet. Ireally like the mamba and Iwant to use this for racing. My buddy and Iare getting pretty good at the track here in town and we want to start racing. This is supported by my LHS. They says its one of the best ready to run systems. I know kits are better but for the money Idon't want to get anything else. Thanks for all your help though.

What did you mean when you said I wouldn't get all the "perf" out of the mamba in your first response? were you just talking about th<span>e preferred </span>power or something &gt;?</span></span>

thanks again for the advice

In answer to your other thread you can race it and yes the Vorza is one of the best RTRs out there!! I meant 25c or better for all the perf out of the Flux Torq system motor and esc. , If that is the popular buggy that the LHS sells then that is what you want and if they sell Hotbodies also which is HPI racing line then all the better becuase the Vorza has alot of the same susp and shock comp ect.... Good luck!!

golfandcards 04-06-2011 10:11 AM

I am sorry for being retarded but Iwas wondering what the word "PERF" meant?
again, sorry for misunderstanding

formula87 04-06-2011 11:38 AM

I am sorry for being retarded but Iwas wondering what the word "PERF" meant?
again, sorry for misunderstanding

Hey no prob. I think they have a pill for that.http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...wink_smile.gif

golfandcards 04-06-2011 12:07 PM

omg Ihave asked three times for you to explain what you meant when you said perf.... lol ***!!!!!TELLMEWHAT"PERF"means OMG! =)

guver 04-06-2011 02:01 PM

You should use your two packs in parallel to be safe. This will allow you to get used to it and will allow you to establish some numbers (to decide if it is ok to series the packs)

formula87 04-06-2011 02:12 PM

omg Ihave asked three times for you to explain what you meant when you said perf.... lol ***!!!!!TELLMEWHAT"PERF"means OMG! =)

"perf" PERFORMANCE Sorry thought I did..................http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/js/f...bout_smile.gif

golfandcards 04-06-2011 05:45 PM

That's what Ithought it meant. lol Thanks for all the advice!

golfandcards 04-11-2011 05:43 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwAFw-Mu_Ww

Fun Fun Fun!!!! Not great laps, just getting used to the system on 4s.

formula87 04-11-2011 06:03 PM

Cool,  are you runnng stock spur and Pinion?  Have you done any prgm w/ Castle link?

golfandcards 04-11-2011 06:07 PM

Iam running stock pinion and spur. Ialso have done some programming! That castle link is so awesome. I haven't done much but Iturned my brakes down to 40%. Ihave a slight "S" throttle curve and the same with my brake curve. Iput the lipo setting on auto and have it at a 3.2v cut off. The s curves are for a slower throttle at first then a faster buildup towards the middle. Kind of a standard S curve Iwould say, more subtle. I didn't want to make any drastic changes. Do you have any advice?

formula87 04-11-2011 06:20 PM

Do you have any "brake drag" prgm'd in? it seems to nose over a bit, just keep messing withthe Castle link. once yougetmore comfortable with itat speedprgm in some drag brakeit will help in the corners.
what tires are you running? first thing I would change.

golfandcards 04-11-2011 07:43 PM

Ihaven't messed with the brake drag at all. I just figured the brake drag would be the same thing as changing the brake curve to a lesser intense start. Why would brake drag help with cornering again? Iwill change it and mess with it a lot because Ilove this thing. Such a smart ESC. Tip of the hat to Castle. Very nice setup in here. Iam running the stock tires on it because Ijust wanted to get the feel of the power. Ihave some AKApre mounted I-Beam Soft tires and solid white rims. Pretty much the standard for our track here in Tallahassee.

What should Iset my brake drag to and why? Did you mess with the throttle or brake curves at all? also, those tires okay you think? for that track in the video?

Thanks for all the help.

formula87 04-12-2011 04:40 AM

Ihaven't messed with the brake drag at all. I just figured the brake drag would be the same thing as changing the brake curve to a lesser intense start. Why would brake drag help with cornering again? Iwill change it and mess with it a lot because Ilove this thing. Such a smart ESC. Tip of the hat to Castle. Very nice setup in here. Iam running the stock tires on it because Ijust wanted to get the feel of the power. Ihave some AKApre mounted I-Beam Soft tires and solid white rims. Pretty much the standard for our track here in Tallahassee.

What should Iset my brake drag to and why? Did you mess with the throttle or brake curves at all? also, those tires okay you think? for that track in the video?

Thanks for all the help.

The brake drag will help transfer your weight to the front so you won't have think about braking as much when you let off (neutral) before the corner it will engage and put more weight on the front tires so your turn in will be better. ( just like in full size cars on the track) once you get better at using the brake you can less'n up on the drag. messed around with throttle cruves a bit it is different for every track. The stock tires are not really great for tracktrack good for bashing and practice.. I would run the AKAs should drive different as well with those. if that is what everyone else is running you are doing fine.

golfandcards 04-12-2011 04:45 AM

Yeah you got me pumped up about playing with these settings. I am brining an older laptop with the castle software installed and I am going to play with the settings while Iam out there. I am going to have my friend record me running laps with different configs. Mainly ones with a lot of brake drag and maybe more brake power since iam using the drag. Some intense throttle curves (see if we can tell the difference) and some other settings. It should all be pretty sweet being able to change the settings right there ! Keep you posted! Iam putting those AKA's on today. Can't wait anymore. I can already tell the stock tires are losing traction... Thanks for all the help. I will post up some footage if it is halfway decent. Feel free to giev me any tips on getting lower lap times too!

golfandcards 04-12-2011 11:49 AM

how much more does the Vorza weigh compared to other kits that's pro's would use. Just curious.

golfandcards 04-13-2011 05:00 AM

Is it okay to get the Vorza wet when it is shut off? I know the ESC and Reciever box are NOT water proof. Ididn't wet those areas at all. I was mainly using my kitchen sink hose sprayer thing to wash down the a-arms and the tires and stuff. Iended up taking off the tires and just spraying down the C-hubs and all around those areas. Iused a tooth brush to brush all the dirt off and then Itried to blow off the excess water around the bearings.

Think this is okay? I am eventually going to get an air compressor and use that to clean off the water... Figure that should be okay. Let me know what you think. Thanks guys

formula87 04-13-2011 07:57 AM

WD 40 and compressed air. I have not tired hoseing mine off but I guess if you are careful you could do that.

golfandcards 04-13-2011 08:26 AM

WD40? you sure that's safe on all the bearings and whatnot? How long have you been using that method? The water scares me because Ithink something around those parts will rust. I made sure Idried it quickly. Should be okay. I will try some WD40 next time and maybe get a can of compressed air until Iget my air compressor. Thanks yet again

golfandcards 04-13-2011 08:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)

formula87 04-13-2011 06:31 PM

WD40? you sure that's safe on all the bearings and whatnot? How long have you been using that method? The water scares me because Ithink something around those parts will rust. I made sure Idried it quickly. Should be okay. I will try some WD40 next time and maybe get a can of compressed air until Iget my air compressor. Thanks yet again

Yea it works fine and can repel water somewhat and lubricates and makes it lookclean and new.... try it on your tires before you run they will grip better.