RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC 1/8th Scale Buggies (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-1-8th-scale-buggies-244/)
-   -   GS storm buggies (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-1-8th-scale-buggies-244/3228354-gs-storm-buggies.html)

cp_phx 08-03-2005 04:03 PM

GS storm buggies

What are your opinions of them? I'm looking at a used one and wanted to know what you guys thought of them.
Thanks.

RC RAC3R 08-03-2005 04:19 PM

RE: GS storm buggies

I have the SUT truggy from GS racing.. it is based off of the storm buggy... I have no complaints... runs good and all.. durable.. etc. I like it.. :D

Hellmutt 08-04-2005 09:55 AM

Id say the storm falls under a good value buggy right now. With the storm rtr plus you get an improved version of the storm rtr. Many of the issues with the original storm have been addressed and its only $350. With a FM radio I beleive, and a decent engine you cant go wrong. They are also highly upgradable and can be built up to race quality for alot less money than other models. If its a used storm youre going for, well...I'd go new but if you do get a used one dont pay too much, check ebay to see how much used storm rtrs are going for and you'll see what I mean. If its used make sure it has a couple necessary upgrades, aluminum hingepin blocks, thicker shock towers, non-gs pipe. Some of these things are addressed with the storm rtr plus, so just buy a new one..yeah :)

MONTFJ40 08-04-2005 10:13 AM

I have a storm pro, about 3 yrs old. Not a bad buggy at all. I've broken a few pieces, but have put it through hell and back. Very competitive buggy, I can take 777's and mugens to school w/ my 3 year old storm.

shortyno10 08-04-2005 03:14 PM

i just bought my storm plus at hobby people yesterday, and its awsome.
everything is almost all metal, and it does comew with a fm radio.
o yeah, hobby people has the lowest price $299.

MBX5T Maniac 08-04-2005 04:31 PM

how about the GS RACING AVENGER STORM MKII RTR? is it any good?

MBX5T Maniac 08-05-2005 12:28 AM

hello? what does it need? a better pipe?

vsnitro 08-05-2005 02:30 AM

rustler have you got yourself a buggy yet or are you still messing around. son get a damn buggy...
go buy the cen matrix, its better than mugens, kyosho, and xrays. But thats not saying much, hell montf takes em to school with his 3 yr old, what is that a damn storm buggy.

hell now i see your delima rustler it seems the baddest buggies on the planet are something called a storm and the all mighty cen matrix. I apoligise, who in the world could ever decide between these premium racing buggies.

MONTFJ40 08-05-2005 01:39 PM

I'm not, by any stretch of the imagination, saying that a 3yr old storm pro is the best of the best. What i was saying was that essentially any buggy can hang w/ the big dawgs if you can drive. My storm pro flies around the track w/ the vspec. In my opinion engine and driver ability is more important than whether or not you have the newest buggy.

MBX5T Maniac 08-05-2005 02:18 PM

i am hesitant to buy a buggy because i want to know if the GS RACING AVENGER STORM MKII RTR is any good. if not, then im getting the sho buggy.

slapshot454 08-06-2005 07:31 PM

The avenger storm is sposed to be a real good buggy, lower center of gravity, smaller diffs, which make it really fast. It will hold with any buggy out there pretty much. Gs just came out with a new one though, the cl-1. It is a real good buggy, check it out.
http://www.gsracing.com/web/page.asp...tid=57&id=2876

bbs53 08-08-2005 02:13 AM

I have a pair of Avenger's, one for parts. It was an ebay deal. It is a well made buggy and seems to hold up pretty well. I haven't had a lot of luck getting parts from the company, always backordered or something. luckily, there are a lot of online places to get parts and for a basher, and that is all I use it for, it is a neat car. I did put a new Nova Rossi in it because the OS was tired and they should stick to airplane engines, even though I have 6 or 7 vintage buggies with the VF .21. Of course they were airplane engines! LOL! The new Avengers have nice attention to detail, but I haven't seen anyone racing one yet.

Hellmutt 08-08-2005 10:27 AM

The avenger was going to be the flagship buggy for GS for awhile but they moved on to the CL1 very soon after releasing the Avenger. I expect that getting avenger parts will be tough, and wont get any easier because not a lot of them were sold. Getting 2 of them, one as a parts buggy was a great idea. Rustler I would stay away from the avenger because of the trouble you will have getting parts

MBX5T Maniac 08-08-2005 10:28 AM

okay, thanks. i guess the avenger will not be the buggy i will be getting.