RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC 1/8th Scale Buggies (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-1-8th-scale-buggies-244/)
-   -   Buggy Choice(Highest Quality ) (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-1-8th-scale-buggies-244/4442830-buggy-choice-highest-quality.html)

Jammin Jake 06-28-2006 09:04 PM

Buggy Choice(Highest Quality )

Hello,
Ive got a bud here looking for a top notch buggy. What is the most expensive and high class buggy out there?[>:]

mkincy 06-28-2006 09:12 PM

RE: Buggy Choice(Highest Quality )

the kyosho triple 7 sp2 is the most expensive 1/8 buggy at $739

darthballs 06-28-2006 09:49 PM

most expensive ive seen is the mugen mbx 5

annie_himself 06-28-2006 09:51 PM

The XB8TQ is my pick for quality.

1CE 06-28-2006 09:55 PM

i would say mbx5 for quality...but u cant go wrong with the xray eather....

Rs43EVOman 06-28-2006 10:11 PM

I really feel sorry for people who are ignorant enough to think becuase somthing is the msot expensive, its the best.

Now, qualty wise i highly reccomend either the Xray Xb8 TQ, the Kyosho 777 Sp2, or the MUgen Mbx-5 Prospec.

kahuna273 06-29-2006 12:33 AM

Mugen, Kyosho, X ray all have the top price tags.............But JAMMIN has all the big wins.

ArizonaRCaddict 06-29-2006 12:37 AM

Kyosho
You have to pay for the best:D

dicko 06-29-2006 01:04 AM

you can't go wrong with any of the top 4, Kyosho 777sp2, Mugen MBX5 prospec, Xray XB8 or Jammin. if you wait till after the worlds you'll have new buggs to choose from. & don't forget the Losi 8ight for the wow new buggy factor.

Mugen Mbx5 06-29-2006 01:21 AM

1. Xray XB8
2. Mugen Mbx 5
3. Kyosho 777
Not in any particular order, but those are the top three cars. I have a Prospec and a XB8TQ, but the tripple 7 is on par with them both, any of these three are top notch buggies. I think the Xray is top but its just my opinion, and the Prospec and tripple seven tie for 2nd. The Jammin seems to be a good car, but Ofna quality has never been as high as the 3 listed, I shy away from Ofnas unless its a basher.

sh0wtime 06-29-2006 02:41 AM

well the original question was for "highest Quality" & thats hands down the XrayXB8TQ
its even better value now the price has been dropped for this year;)

yes the kyosho & Mugen are good buggys we all know that but the XRAY is built with the very best materials & looks to have te best quality control out of all of them, plus factory backup with a dedicated forum read daily by team drivers & designer & manufacturer of the cars! who else offers such a "direct line" to those directly responsible for the R&D of their buggys?

i think we know the answer to that :D

kx250ryder 06-29-2006 01:03 PM

ORIGINAL: Rs43EVOman

I really feel sorry for people who are ignorant enough to think becuase somthing is the msot expensive, its the best.

Now, qualty wise i highly reccomend either the Xray Xb8 TQ, the Kyosho 777 Sp2, or the MUgen Mbx-5 Prospec.
While it is not always true that most expensive is best, it is often the case. Note that the three buggies you list as highest quality also happen to be the 3 that are most expensive.

If you knew nothing about a hobby but wanted to get in, and money wasn't an object, there is almost no instance of any hobby where buying the most expensive will get you something crappy.

For top quality, supposedly the XRAY XB8 is the best. For the one that wins the most races, the Kyosho 777 SP2. For the one that looks like it will dominate once it is released, the Team Losi 8ight (comes out in a month or so).

Jammin Jake 06-29-2006 01:39 PM

Well hes been in the hobby for about a year(hes had a revo, gs sutce) but he wants to get in 1/8 buggy. Here at oiur hobby shop 1/8 buggy is pretty big. He wants the best he can get for buggy. Hes driven the mbx 5 and a hyper 8 but hes lookin at a xray xb8r, but mainly a kyosho sp2. Hes fixin to get the sp2 so it looks like its a good choice.

Tazer_version_A 06-29-2006 06:41 PM

Xb8 TQ, the Kyosho 777 Sp2, or the MUgen Mbx-5 Prospec.
None of these three buggies has a single THING on a Hyper 8. You guys make me laugh.

wide_open247 06-29-2006 07:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Tazer_version_A

Xb8 TQ, the Kyosho 777 Sp2, or the MUgen Mbx-5 Prospec.
None of these three buggies has a single THING on a Hyper 8. You guys make me laugh.
Your right, the Hyper 8can't be compared to any of those three. Cuz they are all way better!!!!:D Just jokes.

My top pick is Kyosho, they are super durable, and work flawlessly. All the other buggies are also very good. Every brand has their peaks, you just got to find what YOU like and check what other people you know are running and what kind of parts support you will have.

crusher1 06-29-2006 10:18 PM

ORIGINAL: sh0wtime

well the original question was for "highest Quality" & thats hands down the XrayXB8TQ
its even better value now the price has been dropped for this year;)

yes the kyosho & Mugen are good buggys we all know that but the XRAY is built with the very best materials & looks to have te best quality control out of all of them, plus factory backup with a dedicated forum read daily by team drivers & designer & manufacturer of the cars! who else offers such a "direct line" to those directly responsible for the R&D of their buggys?

i think we know the answer to that :D
Can't say it any better than that...XB8/TQ by far...

mkincy 06-29-2006 10:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Tazer_version_A

you must have not read the original post

Hello,
Ive got a bud here looking for a top notch buggy. What is the most expensive and high class buggy out there?
he didn't ask for the best value in a buggy, but if he had i would have replyed xray xb8 TQ. and i own both the xray and the H8.

repete 06-30-2006 12:33 AM

not bashing here..but how can the Xray..a buggy that has a huge team...that never wins any of the big races..be considered one of the best?? Yes it is high quality..but jammin, kyosho, mugen, and lately losi win all the races..and u cant pull the "better driver" card

sh0wtime 06-30-2006 02:23 AM

well i'm based in the UK & i'm giving direct feedback from our National series where so far this year its been either Xray or Crono that has been winning & if they haven't won then they've been second etc

i used to be a diehard Kyosho fan & still have a Kanai2 & SP1 but in comparison to the XRAY the Kyosho just looks a couple of years behind, i'm not denying the car works well because it does BUT metal hinge pins in metal blocks! they just wear so quick! plus to have to change a whole plate to adjust anti squat etc [:'(]

the XRAY you just change a small cheap plastic bush for instant adjustments or even once in a while to take slop away, its the best made most adjustable buggy out there, period;)

and as for the Hyper8, isn't it an RTR LOL
have you seen how much slop the rear uprights develop after about 2 meetings?
the rear wheels can flap from toe in to toe out just on the freeplay, hardly what i'd call quality :eek:
cheap & reasonably durable yes, but top quality :eek:

of course all we get here are opinions & a lot of people say "buy this this is the best because thats what i've got" i've either got or have had most of the top buggys atm & even used to review 1/8 stuff for a UK comic so i do have a reasonable idea about the kits & their build quality etc

at the end of the day ALL the top buggys are good and are more than capable of taking anything we can throw at them! go to your local track & see what the fast guys are running, then you can ask them for setup help & hopefully spares will be locally available as you WILL break it from time to time :D
you just gotta decide which badge you want to wear on your cap or T shirt!

the original question was best quality & for me that is the XRAY, based on design features, choice of materials, fit & finish plus even durability & wear over a season. just remember its your money you're spending so ultimately its your choice!

oh &one last thing, whichever way you go.....................................have fun dude :D

evomac 06-30-2006 02:35 AM

Currently I am in the process of rebuilding a Kyosho Kanai 2 (yes yes I know shes a tad old, but I got it for a very good price and wanted it more so to learn) and a couple local racers I became friends with have the Xray XB8TQ and a 777 SP2. I can tell you first hand that the 777 and XB8TQ are very very close in fit and finish. I personally would sway moreso to the Kyosho, simply from rebuilding the two that I have I know personally that their parts are of very high grade quality.

The downside to both of the companys is that you are paying a hefty premium for both models. Sure Kyosho and Xray have their lower priced alternatives (Inferno and XB8R respectivly) but again you are getting what you paid for.

If you want to look at it down the road for ease of accessability to parts, hands down Kyosho is the winner. There are a couple of local hobby stores that stock parts for the Kyosho buggies. Only 1 (maybe) stocks Xray parts. Same goes for online shopping, for Kyosho you have amainhobbies and ace hardware to goto - whereas you are prodominitly going to be ordering from rcamerica for xray.

Both kits are great, just from hands on experience I do like Kyosho a tad better for now. I would however hold off for the month or so, just to see what the exact final shipping package from Losi is going to be. There are some really nice features on the 8ight that I am curious to see implemented into production (much slimmer, offset drivetrain to better centralize the engine, the expanded turning radius, etc...) I am not sure of the overall product quality compared to Xray or Kyosho, but if your friend is not in a rush, I'd say wait it out just to see.

Regards,
-Evo-

Tazer_version_A 06-30-2006 04:14 AM

well i'm based in the UK & i'm giving direct feedback from our National series where so far this year its been either Xray or Crono that has been winning & if they haven't won then they've been second etc
Tracks in europe are lame. Pansy jumps, goofy layouts, grass, carpet, wood jumps - bah .... When you guys start running on offroad tracks that take some NADS .... I'll start listening to what you have to add to the debate - till then, your input as to what vehicles perform best over here, whats durable and whats fast is just drivel. Typical Kyosho or ex-Kyosho fanboi ramblings ... gets so tired. Dont you clowns ever tire of the same tripe over and over ?

Anyone can pick apart ANY mfg'rs vehicle. XRAY - buwahaha Great for you ... you paid more for your "kit" than everyone else ... Im impressed. Nobody drives that SCRAP over here. Southern California is like RC Mecca - ive got all the big companies within 10 miles of me, and ... you guessed it - XRAY stuff is hardly ANYWHERE. Is it becasue its so super great and expensive - californians cant afford it? LOL ... no ... its cuz it sucks and gets smoked at the track.

sh0wtime 06-30-2006 04:33 AM

Awww did i say a bad thing about your RTR :eek:

like i said earlier "some people say this is the best because that what i've got" and will shout their cause right or wrong all day long

thanks for proving my point :D

mgtman 06-30-2006 06:32 AM

Even though i own the sp2 ,due to the parts locally in the surrounding 20 lhs withing 10-45 min,i give my vote to xray for the quality.
All 3 are great xray , 777sp2,and the mugen.
I think the most important like said in prior posts would be to check what your lhs and local racers use ,so if you need a part lets say that day couse you got a race tomorrow ,you dont have to tare your hair out waiting for the mail man to see if your overnight shipping delivery that you dished out a preety penny to get to you so fast ,is going to get there on time .well imo thats what made me make my choice, im one of those that has to have it that day lol ,hate waiting[:@][8D]

Tazer_version_A 06-30-2006 11:51 AM

Awww did i say a bad thing about your RTR

like i said earlier "some people say this is the best because that what i've got" and will shout their cause right or wrong all day long

thanks for proving my poin
No you didnt say something bad about my rtr ... but you do talk out your arse. Its wonderful to be a fanboi isnt it? You get to make absurd claims like the hyper goes from toe in to toe out with mere "flex" and criticise the quality .... yet when a Kyosho [or any other] vehicle requires mods - right out of the box - ohhh like say the ST-R's diffs needed to be removed and shimmed every few takes for the 1st gallon - that .... there is a "feature" of a top quality race vehicle LOL. Your right though - how silly of me - I forgot - ONLY ofna/ho bao / hong nor vehicles have "issues". All the rest - XRays Mugens and the vaunted Kyoshos - flaws are just .. maintenence or "features".

Uhhhh - hate to break the news Einstein - but YOU prove your own theory right - not I - I have yet to say one time a Hyper 7/8/Jammin etc IS THE BEST. Yet you prattle on about YOUR XRAY as the 2nd coming of Jesus with a Nitro engine.

Thanks for proving my point - that most euros have nothing to say worth listening to when it comes to - well most things - but especially american offroad RC, and that your just a typical Kyosho / XRay fanboi .... egotistical windbags. When you bring your super high dollar Jesus Incarnate in Nitro XRay buggie on over here to the US and run on a few "real" tracks - be sure to bring lots of spare parts - they'll be a little harder to find.

sh0wtime 06-30-2006 12:01 PM

LOL who stole your dinner money :eek: