RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC 1/8th Scale Buggies (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-1-8th-scale-buggies-244/)
-   -   New Radical 621T .21 Off-Road Engine (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-1-8th-scale-buggies-244/4626330-new-radical-621t-21-off-road-engine.html)

RC-BOSS 08-15-2006 01:58 PM

New Radical 621T .21 Off-Road Engine

The new Radical RC 621T (Hi Torque Version) .21 Competition Off-Road engine is now available.

Hoese37 08-15-2006 11:34 PM

RE: New Radical 621T .21 Off-Road Engine

That engine is made by OPS

RC-BOSS 08-16-2006 12:07 AM

No, the engine is not made by OPS. Both the Radical engine and OPS engine come out of the same factory in Italy.

Hincappe 08-16-2006 12:27 AM

overpriced. dont beleive the hype. can get much better for much less.[:'(]

LSUsportsfreak 08-16-2006 04:09 AM

do you ever have anything positive to say? Must be a French trait.:eek:

Hincappe 08-16-2006 07:17 AM

ORIGINAL: LSUsportsfreak

do you ever have anything positive to say? Must be a French trait.:eek:
yes i am positive about other engines that are faster yet cheaper. os vspec for example ;)

thopper 08-16-2006 09:35 AM

If they come out of the same factory then they are made by the same people OPS period.

RC-BOSS 08-16-2006 09:51 AM

Yes, that is correct. The OPS engines and the Radical Engines are produced in the same factory. They do share allot of the same characteristics but are not exactly the same.

ringneck 08-16-2006 10:12 AM

no. one hinnacape do you even know how much a radical costs? 299.99 here in the land of the FREE and i will garentee you dont own one or have raced with one. as my race partner is sponserd by them and i can tell you they are great mills way better than a vspec thease will run 195-200 and flat out hall the 7 port version doesnt have alot of low end snap but the torque version will have tons of it. thease are the most consistant easy to tune fastest mills ive seen yet. i may buy the the torque version. i have not read one positive thread from you yet

o.s. power 08-16-2006 02:59 PM

the fantom fr21 '06 is the same as these, and yes they are made by OPS, BTW the fantom is about $250

Mindcrime 08-16-2006 03:30 PM

OPS is a brand name, Radical is a brand name, that is not the name of the manufacturer, they are both made by RC Power in Italy...the Fantom is also made by this company, but there are some differences. carbs, head bottons, and some different porting.

ringneck 08-16-2006 05:30 PM

the fantom is a regular plug head and the radical is a turbo other than that they are identical mills and the head on the fantom is red wich i like better. im not sure what the ops mills are we dont get them around here. the fantom is probley a little better deal than the radical my LHS has one for 249.99 and they run just as hard as the radical.

RC-BOSS 08-16-2006 05:35 PM

Besides the Turbo head, the carb on the Radical Engines are different from the Fantom. They have the 3 Venturi carbs. And, the sleeve porting is slightly different. This is not to take away from the Fantom engine because that is also a very good engine.

David D 08-16-2006 06:06 PM

If this engine is based off the same design as the ops torque engine then i can tell you now that it will flat out rip, and be worth the 300 it costs. I have seen the ops run and one of them had 10 gallons on it and was smoking almost everything else on the track. I would definatly buy one of these engines if i was in the market for a new engine in that performance range.

darthballs 08-16-2006 07:42 PM

so what are these (either the fantom or the radical) like all the way throught the rpm range. are they mosters at the bottom end but lack top or vice versa. or are they a happy medium like my v-spec.

David D 08-16-2006 07:48 PM

The ops' have tons of power where there designed to, but they also make a good bit of power on the opposite side of the range as well. They are both some great engines and just need a better line of support so they can really shine.

RC30GTR 08-16-2006 08:41 PM

ORIGINAL: RC-BOSS

Yes, that is correct. The OPS engines and the Radical Engines are produced in the same factory. They do share allot of the same characteristics but are not exactly the same.
They are not exactly the same but he was saying its MAdE by OPS which is true.. OPS made their own engines and if this is a OPS base, then its made by OPS... At least admit that

RC Power = OPS same operation, just different name...

I am sure its a good engine but it sure is overpriced

sanka378 08-16-2006 09:33 PM

Whether it be ops or whatever, the radical engine is an awesome motor. I have one with three gallons on it. Im using the jp 3 pipe on it and it runs sweet. Im outrunning P5s, 21 plus,Rbs, oh and Vspecs. After a 15 min main its at 212. It has more bottom end than a p5x and good top.Overall its a great mill. Im gonna buy another one.

Damin69 08-16-2006 10:22 PM

That is like Saying that an RB is a Novarossi just cause they are made in the same factory. They may be put to gether by someone else does not mean they are That product. Just cause someone puts it together for someone does not make it that companys item.

ORIGINAL: RC30GTR

ORIGINAL: RC-BOSS

They are not exactly the same but he was saying its MAdE by OPS which is true.. OPS made their own engines and if this is a OPS base, then its made by OPS... At least admit that

RC Power = OPS same operation, just different name...

I am sure its a good engine but it sure is overpriced

alangsam 08-17-2006 02:25 PM

when is one of the magazines going to do a write up on the 621T or P? Id like to see the x-dyno numbers to cut through all of the hype. They recently did a write up on the OPS and it did pretty well.

alangsam 08-17-2006 02:42 PM

i hope this motor isnt the same as the fantom as the fantoms have a lousy reputation for lasting more than about a gallon. Just do a search on Fantom fr21 and you will see that people have had very bad experiences with them.

alangsam 08-17-2006 02:43 PM

RB's and Novarossi's are not made in the same factory. they are not even in the same city in Italy.

Damin69 08-17-2006 04:42 PM

ORIGINAL: alangsam

RB's and Novarossi's are not made in the same factory. they are not even in the same city in Italy.

Before you make comment and say something you dont know about make sure you know. Here is from the rbproducts forum as the question was asked on who manufacutered RB motors. Rody Designs them but he has Novarossi build them. [link=http://www.rbproducts.com/cgi-bin/ubb_cgi/ultimatebb.cgi/ubb/get_topic/f/1/t/002758.html]http://www.rbproducts.com/cgi-bin/ubb_cgi/ultimatebb.cgi/ubb/get_topic/f/1/t/002758.html[/link]

Hummer Man

posted 18 July, 2006 22:58
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Are they made by RB Concepts, by Nova Rossi for RB Concepts or what? Also I have heard a few times that soon RB engines will be made by Sirio? Is that true?

--------------------
RB Concept S7 II Powered Hyper 7 PBS, C6BB Powered Revo, T-Maxx, Nitro 4-Tec, Electric Rustler, and Thunder Tiger Raptor 30 V2 Nitro Helicopter!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 55 | From: Waverly Iowa | Registered: Nov 2003 | IP: Logged

ROOST
Very Active Member

posted 19 July, 2006 05:38
rb engines are manufactured by novarossi for rb concepts using rb's molds.i have heard that sirio is manufacturing the speedline engines for rb but am not sure if this is true. i emailed rb a while ago and was told buy them that novarossi indeed does manufacture the rb concept engines for them. beside's does it really matter? this is the way it is with lots of engines, the company designs them but has someone else manufacture them for them to keep running costs down,heck i don't even think sirio actually manufactures thier own engines. i believe novarossi manufactures engines for lots of company's.

--------------------
mp7.5k3/ws711

Posts: 196 | From: Mission B.C Canada | Registered: Apr 2005 | IP: Logged

Stefan
Very Active Member

posted 19 July, 2006 12:12
Yes, better don't think about eventuall engine prices when every company has to buy its own machines I guess.

Concept engines at Novarossi
Speedline (for Sirio it's sure) at Star Motor Engineering (ITA).

Also there will be released a 2013P pipe with conical manifold from RB especially for the Xenon engines soon and this number is already on the market from Sirio (don't know if it'll be the same).

But I also heard that some engines are indeed produced at RB (maybe the Revo engines or so, I don't know).

But I like it that way. So, the biggest part of the difference in performances is up to the engineering skills of the company's engineers ... and RB is the name to beat in offroad, for sure, and in onroad it seems that RB becomes one of (2) names to beat.

[ 19. July 2006, 16:43: Message edited by: Stefan ]

--------------------
MP 777 SP-1 / C6 BB / 2045 / RMV Speed 2.5
FANTOM 2001 / S7CII / 2006

Posts: 199 | From: Germany (Limburg/Lahn) | Registered: Sep 2005 | IP: Logged

RBMike
Very Active Member

posted 19 July, 2006 18:45
If you saw the Nova Rossi factory you would see why many companies have their engines built there. It is very automated and they can maintain very high quality.

--------------------
Huuummm

Posts: 107 | From: SF Bay CA | Registered: Apr 2004 | IP: Logged

Hummer Man

posted 19 July, 2006 20:12
Ya, thats what I thought, NovaRossi makes them. I just really don't like hearing that Sirio may start making them, or more of them. Could Rody shed some light on the subject?

--------------------
RB Concept S7 II Powered Hyper 7 PBS, C6BB Powered Revo, T-Maxx, Nitro 4-Tec, Electric Rustler, and Thunder Tiger Raptor 30 V2 Nitro Helicopter!

Posts: 55 | From: Waverly Iowa | Registered: Nov 2003 | IP: Logged

ROOST
Very Active Member

posted 19 July, 2006 20:54
even if sirio or (star) is going to manufacture some rb engines what is the big deal? you still have a product that is designed and engineered by rb products not sirio or novarossi.

--------------------
mp7.5k3/ws711

Posts: 196 | From: Mission B.C Canada | Registered: Apr 2005 | IP: Logged

RB Products - Rody
Administrator

posted 19 July, 2006 22:24
The only thing I can say to all this is that when we make our RB Concept engines we are the one's who need to make them work..., I know that many people have their idea when an engine is made at a manufacturer concerning their weak points will still be there and evident, well I think this is not totally true because why do we RB Concept win in off-road racing and the one who manufactures for us is not able to win in off-road...

This is because we RB Concept design our own engines and decide what is inside the engine. Of course we use the manufacturers quality of production but also add our own quality control.

So where our RB Concept engines are made should not be a concern and a conclusion of how our engines will work. What is most important is that we make them work and we are able to win races...
Posts: 3648 | From: Allevard, FRANCE | Registered: Jul 2002 | IP: Logged

Nitromike1

posted 20 July, 2006 17:08
Well said Rody. NR would be throwing their reputation in the trash if they gave less attention to their customers (RB) than their own products. They are simply the high quality manufacturer who machine the RB design in the quantities necessary to supply these fine motors to the world.

--------------------
Inferno SP2, C6, WS72, S5

Posts: 40 | From: Southern California | Registered: Oct 2005 | IP: Logged

Nitrohouse 08-17-2006 05:19 PM

ORIGINAL: roscoe71
i have not read one positive thread from you yet hinnacape personaly i think you are a idiot[>:]
I've reported him to the moderators of this forum just for that reason. Nothing like having some "idiot" to be a killjoy about everything...I ask everyone else offended by Mr. Negativity to do the same. The moderators might take note and do something to eliminate the problem...

Lets build a positive outlook for our hobby, and get rid of the "Hincappe"s...

Nitrohouse 08-17-2006 05:25 PM

Thanks Damin69 for the post. I've posted hundereds of times about RB Concept parts are all made at the Nova Rossi factories, and then shipped to France for assembly, and packaging( or at least thats what I've been told for....ever)....