RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC 1/8th Scale Buggies (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-1-8th-scale-buggies-244/)
-   -   Engine Factories? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-1-8th-scale-buggies-244/4635210-engine-factories.html)

kx250ryder 08-17-2006 03:04 PM

Engine Factories?

What are the major engine factories and what brands come from each factory? I have heard that Toki is one, I am assuming Novarossi has one, what others are there?

Nitrohouse 08-17-2006 04:47 PM

RE: Engine Factories?

ORIGINAL: kx250ryder

What are the major engine factories and what brands come from each factory? I have heard that Toki is one, I am assuming Novarossi has one, what others are there?
Wow, what a question, and I doubt that I will be able to fully answer it for you...But I'll try...

Nova Rossi is 3 manufacturers. Nova Rossi, Rex, and Top...With several rebadged Nova Rossi's like the Crono's. RB Concept has Nova Rossi make their parts, but they are designed by RB Concepts, just made by Nova Rossi.

GRP Italy is probably the biggest up and comer for engine manufacturing, and possibly the only manufacturer capable of taking Nova Rossi down from their top spot as engine manufacturers go. They make the Ninjas (MY FAVORITE, right now)which are doing well everywhere, and the Boss line that has been kicking tail over in Europe...Very high quality engines...Very fast...

Picco Micromotor is also an Italian based engine manufacturer that makes very high quality engines.

There are several Asian engine manufacturers ( I don't know the Asian manufacturers that well), one makes the Force engines(also makes the engines for HPI Savages), SH engines, STS engines, and so on...

Have Fun...Burn Nitro...

RC-BOSS 08-17-2006 05:27 PM

There is also OPS in Italy who has been around for decades.

SManMTB 08-17-2006 05:53 PM

CMB is another Italian manufacturer. They are most known for their marine engines (.21, .45, .67, .84, .90, .100 sizes) but they also have a line of car engines.
CMB also manufactured the MAC line of engines designed by Andy Brown. They were also mainly marine engines (MAC 21, 45, 67, 84) but they had a buggy engine too (of which I own 2). The contract between Andy Brown is over and from what I heard he's looking for another manufacturer.

There are a few Russian manufacturers too. I used to run the Kalistratov 45, also a marine engine.

SN VipeR 08-17-2006 08:28 PM

In Italy there are also Rossi, making the (Axe) Rossi engines, and Star Motor making Sirio and RB Speedline engines.
I can't believe noone mentioned O.S. yet. ;)
LRP and Nosram engines are made by the same company that produces SH.

kx250ryder 08-17-2006 08:37 PM

So far:

Toki
Novarossi
GRP
Picco
OPS
CMB
Kalistratov
Rossi
O.S.
SH

Mindcrime 08-17-2006 08:47 PM

Star (Siro)

SManMTB 08-17-2006 09:56 PM

Super Tiger
Thunder Tiger

Not sure if those are just brands but I know they've been around for a long time.

SManMTB 08-17-2006 09:57 PM

Moki - Hungarian brand well know with flyers.