RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC 1/8th Scale Buggies (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-1-8th-scale-buggies-244/)
-   -   Hyper 9? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-1-8th-scale-buggies-244/7727732-hyper-9-a.html)

Calin666 07-13-2008 09:42 PM

Hyper 9?

Anybody got any updates, as to when this thing is coming out?

MX250 07-13-2008 10:01 PM

RE: Hyper 9?

ORIGINAL: Calin666

Anybody got any updates, as to when this thing is coming out?
no date as of yet.... the Hyper9 buggy is going to be one great ugly buggy.... oh well... as long as it works...:D

vic viper 07-14-2008 01:32 AM

I think it looks great, at least not as ugly as the abortion Losi 8ight.

Inside_Line 07-14-2008 02:02 PM

How many think this is the next big thing..? The design looks top notch, will you guys be buying this when its out? I held one at the RC Expo and it wsa extreamy light, much like the new Xray XB808.

jonnymac 07-14-2008 03:01 PM

The hyper range has always provided a smattering of innovation along with very good performance and value for money.
I don't see why this one should be any different.
It may seem hard to believe now but the hyper 8 was almost revolutionary with its captured hingepins, side opening tank and braced centre diff mount.

The usual scenario is if you have money you will go with X-ray, Mugen or Kyosho.

If you want VFM then its Hyper. The only fly in the ointment is now you have losi and associated sitting somewhere between.

cltcrns 07-14-2008 10:11 PM

ORIGINAL: jonnymac

The hyper range has always provided a smattering of innovation along with very good performance and value for money.
I don't see why this one should be any different.
It may seem hard to believe now but the hyper 8 was almost revolutionary with its captured hingepins, side opening tank and braced centre diff mount.

The usual scenario is if you have money you will go with X-ray, Mugen or Kyosho.

If you want VFM then its Hyper. The only fly in the ointment is now you have losi and associated sitting somewhere between.
Very well put.....................next! :D

sfar785 07-14-2008 11:39 PM

ORIGINAL: vic viper

I think it looks great, at least not as ugly as the abortion Losi 8ight.
good thing that's just your opinion, the Losi 8ight has one of the sleekest looks on the buggy market

vic viper 07-15-2008 03:05 AM

Well, and thats your opinion.

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/7...003199eum7.jpg

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/r.../Losi8-1wm.jpg

8ight sleekest?, not if you ask me.

thopper 07-15-2008 08:33 AM

All the manf. are chasing the Losi. The Losi was one of the most advanced designs to hit the market and still is the benchmark buggy. Big Bores, center mounted engine (rear diff concept), forward wt. split rec,battery box, narrow chassis , light wt. front hub design,etc. All the other manf. have been chasing this buggy for 2 years but none have caught it as of yet. That is not to say that there buggies are inferior but just look at what is out and soon to be released...all emulating in some fashion the losi.

cltcrns 07-16-2008 07:58 AM

ORIGINAL: thopper

All the manf. are chasing the Losi. The Losi was one of the most advanced designs to hit the market and still is the benchmark buggy. Big Bores, center mounted engine (rear diff concept), forward wt. split rec,battery box, narrow chassis , light wt. front hub design,etc. All the other manf. have been chasing this buggy for 2 years but none have caught it as of yet. That is not to say that there buggies are inferior but just look at what is out and soon to be released...all emulating in some fashion the losi.
Chasing Losi?!?!?!?!?! NOT! Using and building upon some of their ideas and designs, yes. Its called evolution of design, remember at one point Henry Ford was a inovator and people built off of his ideas and designs to make a more functional vehicle. I have seen guys at the local tracks that can not set up a folding chair complain about every buggy they own until someone at the track shows them how to set it up, then whatever buggy they own at the time is majically the best. Go figure, right. Its also about fads and what is popular among the sheepeople. I have seen and know of guys that run some of these "inferior" buggies put the spank on these guys running higher end buggies, it is mostly setup and driving. Find a buggy that suits your driving style and wallet then go have fun. Just my 2 cents.........carry on:D

thopper 07-16-2008 09:07 AM

Re-read- never said they were inferior in fact said the opposite. Like it or not everyone is chasing the Losi. The 8 changed the
design thinking of every manf of buggies out there.I did not criticize any manf. for emulating the Losi but I have not seen anyone improve on there design as of yet. The hyper 9 takes its cue from several manf including traxxas, losi, etc and may very well be the fastest buggy on
the planet when it is released but I dont see anything on it that has not been done before, just a new combination of several ideas. The losi brought new ideas to the design of buggies... again big bores, flipped rear diff etc.

jonnymac 07-16-2008 09:53 AM

ORIGINAL: thopper

Re-read- never said they were inferior in fact said the opposite. Like it or not everyone is chasing the Losi. The 8 changed the
design thinking of every manf of buggies out there.I did not criticize any manf. for emulating the Losi but I have not seen anyone improve on there design as of yet. The hyper 9 takes its cue from several manf including traxxas, losi, etc and may very well be the fastest buggy on
the planet when it is released but I dont see anything on it that has not been done before, just a new combination of several ideas. The losi brought new ideas to the design of buggies... again big bores, flipped rear diff etc.
To be fair a lot of the 'new ideas' on the losi are not that new. Big bores were done by Mugen and jammin way before, and the split battery and receiver box is not a first.
I'm not arguing with anybody and its true that it was a fairly big evolutionary step but there is not that many actual 'firsts' on the losi, it was just the first buggy to have incorporated so many different concepts on a totally new platform.

thopper 07-16-2008 04:59 PM

If there was one new concept it was the flipping of the rear diff and centering the engine as a result. Jammin big bores came after the losi big bores and mugen I am not sure they had them first .

Inside_Line 07-16-2008 07:07 PM

The ultimate re-design Xray XB808, the lightest car on the market by far,.. and similar performance to the Losi. Alsomost everything is a refinement of things past. But the real question is will the Hyper9 and OFNA's marketing dollars, sell tons of buggies regardless of performance? Probably. Look how well the GRP marketing campaign is doing, and motor sucks!

[X(]

MX250 07-16-2008 08:45 PM

the hyper9 is not even 7 lbs with out the conplete race gear.... and around 7.2 - 7.3lbs with the full race gear...

rpg711 07-16-2008 08:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Inside_Line

The ultimate re-design Xray XB808, the lightest car on the market by far,.. and similar performance to the Losi. Alsomost everything is a refinement of things past. But the real question is will the Hyper9 and OFNA's marketing dollars, sell tons of buggies regardless of performance? Probably. Look how well the GRP marketing campaign is doing, and motor sucks!

[X(]
The lightest buggy on the market is the caster ZX1-r, it is only a few grams above the minimum allowed for sanctioned races fully loaded.