RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   RC 1/8th Scale Buggies (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-1-8th-scale-buggies-244/)
-   -   who owns a hyper 9? Are they better than hyper 7? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-1-8th-scale-buggies-244/8519846-who-owns-hyper-9-they-better-than-hyper-7-a.html)

Infamous 02-26-2009 06:46 AM

who owns a hyper 9? Are they better than hyper 7?

hey guys just after a few opinions.. hobao say the new hyper 9 is lighter and performs better,, but does it really?
thanks

vnmsgt 02-26-2009 09:40 AM

RE: who owns a hyper 9? Are they better than hyper 7?

Over the hyper 7? uuhhhhhhh........ Yeah! Design is way more up to date. The Hyper 7 is a good car but a really old design compared to the 9

Infamous 02-27-2009 04:27 AM

yeah i thout so but im jus trying to decie if i should hop up the 7 more or get a nine [&:]

vnmsgt 02-27-2009 07:22 AM

ORIGINAL: Infamous

yeah i thout so but im jus trying to decie if i should hop up the 7 more or get a nine [&:]
I would just get the nine. I do not think you could do anything to the 7 to get it to run and handle like a stock nine.

FoamyVictim 02-27-2009 02:56 PM

The local "Pro" wheels a Hyper 9. So far, he's one of only TWO nitro guys that can make the same jump my brushless 8ight can... ;)

MX250 02-27-2009 03:49 PM

i would wait until they fix some of the H9 problems before you get one..

madbrad70 02-27-2009 04:29 PM

There was anther thread saying that the Hyper 7 is discontinued. Not sure if thats true yet, but its time is coming.

Echelon 02-28-2009 04:06 PM

Dude... That Hyper 9 has evolved 2 times from the Hyper 7... Do you really think the Hyper 9 is going to be worse or even with the Hyper 7...? Hopping up will never get the 7 to the level of the 9.

Infamous 02-28-2009 05:51 PM

i think mx250 is right
all cars have problem when they come out.. i was at my LHS yesterday to give the 9 a look over and my mate behind the counter said in all honesty the 9 will out handle the 7's 8's and 8.5's but it will never have the same durability that the 7 does.

the thing is.. my friend is right.. my 7 got ran over by a car and it still goes like new haha

the 9 just sort of looks flimsy.

K_B 02-28-2009 06:13 PM

Buggies that are designed for racing sometimes have to compromise strength for weight. The designers make a few assumptions. One would be that people that buy competition level equipment probably have some skill behind the wheel.

Under that assumption, you can compromise a little strength to make the buggy lighter because the guy driving shouldn't be having the nasty crashes a beginner would be having. The Losi 2.0 is another good example. They removed alot of material from the shock towers compared to the 1.0 version to shave some more weight.

So much so, that I think Truhe was running a revised front tower at the Nitro Challenge that had more beef to it because the Losi designers may have got a little overzealous on the weight reduction.

It's tough to find that perfect balance of durability and performance.

Infamous 02-28-2009 06:27 PM

thats well said K B and i guess your right

46u 02-28-2009 08:44 PM

Go to the Ofna forums and see what the end users say about the 9! I have a Hyper 8 pro and 8.5 pro are very durable and great buggies. I would get a 9 but will not pay the price they are asking now. I have seen the price drop some and when or if they hit $450 I might get one. The hyper 7 is a great bug but will never handle as well as the later models just like a 5 or 6 year old 1 to 1 race car will not run with the newer ones.

zjwhitrock 03-01-2009 01:37 AM

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/j...c/IMGP4579.jpg

lower righside front hingpin out of my hyper 7 PBS
that was ~60mph into a concreat curb:eek: its the only on of my cars that can survive a crash like that and limp back home